How Can People Still Think It's Not Gonna Happen?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
How about we bet 90 days for each of them?
We can do that, but I didn't offer it because I don't know if it's fair to you. If the fight doesn't happen you won't have a chance to win the second one, so there's no way you can win both, unless by it not happening you automatically win the second one but then we are back to your original proposition. What are your terms if the fight doesn't happen?

Last edited:

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016
Well, you see there was this guy from Louisville...
You're acting like Conor is doing Ali's act exactly. It's new because it's not exactly what Ali was doing. Once the first guy trash talked, it didn't make everybody who came after him automatically unoriginal. That's ridiculous. I'm not saying he's better than Ali was. I'm saying he's different, and there's no denying that. After Chuck Berry was every guitar player unoriginal? Was there never a new style?

Also, I was mostly talking about the fact that the boxing media is a bunch of old guys who live within their own boxing bubble. Did you see the look on the media members' faces in the video I posted, or read the articles they wrote about him? Shit, after I wrote this the MMA Beat (which I am guessing is full of guys you don't like anyway) had a whole segment about how the boxing media is already, and will continue to be surprised by what Conor does. They haven't paid attention, and now they'll have to. I'm not saying Conor is a god. I'm saying he's charismatic, talented and different. They've never seen anyone who is specifically like him, and I think that's undeniable.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
After Chuck Berry was every guitar player unoriginal? Was there never a new style?
I didn't call Conor unoriginal. I said he isn't anything significantly different from what boxing has already seen. He seems that way to MMA fans because MMA fans live in a tiny bubble where nothing that happens outside of that bubble exists. He's probably "shocking" to boxing media because he's literally a nobody (in terms of that sport) and says he's going KO one of the GOAT. Kind of like how if Floyd said he was going to KO Conor in an MMA fight we'd all laugh and say "I can't believe he said that". Having said that, I can promise you that the people who watched mainstream trash talk be born and have watched a man come to the ring on a flying carpet aren't going to be seeing anything revolutionary from Conor.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
I didn't call Conor unoriginal. I said he isn't anything significantly different from what boxing has already seen. He seems that way to MMA fans because MMA fans live in a tiny bubble where nothing that happens outside of that bubble exists. He's probably "shocking" to boxing media because he's literally a nobody (in terms of that sport) and says he's going KO one of the GOAT. Kind of like how if Floyd said he was going to KO Conor in an MMA fight we'd all laugh and say "I can't believe he said that". Having said that, I can promise you that the people who watched mainstream trash talk be born and have watched a man come to the ring on a flying carpet aren't going to be seeing anything revolutionary from Conor.
He's a breath of fresh air compared to the current climate.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016
I didn't call Conor unoriginal. I said he isn't anything significantly different from what boxing has already seen.
"I didn't call him unoriginal, I said he's unoriginal."

He's probably "shocking" to boxing media because he's literally a nobody (in terms of that sport) and says he's going KO one of the GOAT.
How does this contradict what I said? I said they're gonna be surprised. I attached no positive or negative connotation to it. You read it as a positive thing and went into defense mode because you desperately want Conor to be what you think he is, which I'm sure you'd say "fraud" or some other ridiculous claim.

Having said that, I can promise you that the people who watched mainstream trash talk be born and have watched a man come to the ring on a flying carpet aren't going to be seeing anything revolutionary from Conor.
Not all craziness is equal. Conor wouldn't do some hokey shit like coming in on a flying carpet. He's (slightly) more subtle than that.

You throw in a hand job?
Well I mean sure but I'm confused because I thought this was a scenario in which I lost?

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
"I didn't call him unoriginal, I said he's unoriginal."
Unoriginal is a specifically defined word. Similar and unoriginal don't mean the same thing.

I said they're gonna be surprised. I attached no positive or negative connotation to it. You read it as a positive thing
That's not really true. The theme of this thread is that he's going to turn boxing upside down like because he's like nothing they've ever seen. If you're going to now say that you've attached neither negative or positive connotation to it I could in turn say that @Lars LeDouche will sell 5 million ppv's because boxing has never before seen someone who likes to throw his feces at ice cream men. It's kind of disingenuous to pretend you aren't talking him up.

went into defense mode because you desperately want Conor to be what you think he is, which I'm sure you'd say "fraud" or some other ridiculous claim.
I'm fortunate enough to know people who've trained at SBG. I have few illusions about what he (or nay other fighter) is or isn't.

Well I mean sure but I'm confused because I thought this was a scenario in which I lost?
Just wait until you try to find the little bastard.

Just imagine me reading it, rolling my eyes and making a masturbatory gesture with my hand.
Hence the handjob request.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016
That's not really true. The theme of this thread is that he's going to turn boxing upside down like because he's like nothing they've ever seen. If you're going to now say that you've attached neither negative or positive connotation to it I could in turn say that @Lars LeDouche will sell 5 million ppv's because boxing has never before seen someone who likes to throw his feces at ice cream men. It's kind of disingenuous to pretend you aren't talking him up.
The theme of this thread is that this fight is going to happen, it's going to be fun, and it's going to sell a looooooot of pay per views. I happen to think Conor is delightful, but I am not delusional to the point where I don't think there's a large contingent of people out there who hate him, and who will buy this to see him get KO'd. My perception of Conor and the world's perspective of Conor are separate things, and I think both of those things will add up to a huge number. It's not because everybody is going to love him. I also didn't say he was going to turn boxing upside down. The dude is a showman.

I'm fortunate enough to know people who've trained at SBG. I have few illusions about what he (or nay other fighter) is or isn't.
I don't care at all about people who have trained with him when it comes to this conversation. I'm talking about the brand he is putting forward, and the actions in and out of the ring that have gotten him to where he is. I've seen those things, and what the people in the gym say about him really has no bearing on those things. A lot of people who I respect don't buy into Conor's greatness, and a lot of people I respect are on the Conor train hard. When it comes to whether your opinion of him is positive or not, it's obviously a matter of preference, but I think it would be laughable to call him a fraud with all that he's been able to do so far. He may have gotten a push to fight Aldo, but he floored him in 13 seconds. He lost to Nate, but ran it back and beat him the second time. He might have jumped the ladder at 155, but he made Eddie look like a child in there. A fraud wouldn't have done any of that. If you're saying his persona is a fraud, well.. I mean you know what he's doing. Everybody does. It's entertainment for God's sake. If you realized that acting a certain way would make you filthy rich and catapult you to superstardom, can anybody blame you for doing that? He's not completely misrepresenting himself as much as he is turning his personality up to 11.

I am curious, though. What do the SBG guys say?

Nov 21, 2015
Funny thing is happening with my thoughs on this fight. The closer and closer
it seems to be getting to reality the more excited I am for it. I'm just gonna sit back
and enjoy the hell outta the spectacle whatever the outcome.

This shit is entertaining!

M

member 1013

they love my chocolate chip

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I'm talking about the brand he is putting forward, and the actions in and out of the ring that have gotten him to where he is. I've seen those things, and what the people in the gym say about him really has no bearing on those things. A lot of people who I respect don't buy into Conor's greatness, and a lot of people I respect are on the Conor train hard. When it comes to whether your opinion of him is positive or not, it's obviously a matter of preference, but I think it would be laughable to call him a fraud with all that he's been able to do so far. He may have gotten a push to fight Aldo, but he floored him in 13 seconds. He lost to Nate, but ran it back and beat him the second time. He might have jumped the ladder at 155, but he made Eddie look like a child in there. A fraud wouldn't have done any of that. If you're saying his persona is a fraud, well.. I mean you know what he's doing. Everybody does. It's entertainment for God's sake. If you realized that acting a certain way would make you filthy rich and catapult you to superstardom, can anybody blame you for doing that? He's not completely misrepresenting himself as much as he is turning his personality up to 11.
This is one of the strangest posts I've ever read.

Tuc Ouiner

Posting Machine
May 19, 2016
Connor could beat Mayweather at bumper cars and F1 if they were imbibing in Tullamore Dew and Guiness I bet.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Thaaaaaat's probably hyperbole, but I don't think we are going to find any common ground here anyway.

I rescind my acceptance of the handjob clause. Your loss.
You're assuming I have some ill will towards Conor and staunchly defending him, and it's getting more bizarre with every post.

Really? No hand job?

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016
You're assuming I have some ill will towards Conor and staunchly defending him, and it's getting more bizarre with every post.

Really? No hand job?
If I assumed incorrectly, I apologize. Reading back, I definitely could have addressed it differently. I may have been all over the place in my last response, but I think you're exaggerating by calling it bizarre and "one of the strangest posts" you've ever read. If you haven't seen many posts stranger than what I said I'd question how often you're on MMA forums. This shit gets pretty weird.

Can't do the handjob. I can only do it when taken seriously. If you called my handjob bizarre I don't think you'll like my reaction.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I may have been all over the place in my last response, but I think you're exaggerating by calling it bizarre and "one of the strangest posts" you've ever read. If you haven't seen many posts stranger than what I said I'd question how often you're on MMA forums. This shit gets pretty weird.
It was that it went from a fairly cordial exchange to a weird tangent. I had flashes of the "Leave Britney Alone!!!" girl.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016
It was that it went from a fairly cordial exchange to a weird tangent. I had flashes of the "Leave Britney Alone!!!" girl.
It was long winded and perhaps a bit misguided as to the point you were making but I'm not sure I lost the cordiality.

The leave Britney alone video was a dude.

NOW LEAVE CONOR ALONE! :leftright:

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I will believe this donkey show is really happening when Conrad MacGregor does a full training camp with Freddy roach or another actual boxing coach and I'm not talking he pops in to wild card gym for a day trip.full boxing camp with actual boxers