General How can you safely remove a family member/loved one from a cult?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
My dad has been totally brainwashed by fake news CNN. We don't get FOX news here, just CNN. He drank the Kool Aid and now is super anti-Trump.

It's sad because it wasn't always this way. During Trump's campaign, we would watch the debates and laugh our asses off as he was pwning Low Energy Jeb, Little Marco and Lyin' Ted. It was a great bonding experience and we both celebrated Trump's victory over Crooked Hillary like Canada winning hockey gold at the 2010 Olympics.

But over the last year, fake news CNN has turned him against Trump. I saw him last night and he was comparing Trump to Hitler and saying he would have all his opponents killed if he could get away with it. Trump is Putin's puppet, ect. He even said that America would be in a much better spot if Hillary or Bernie were running things. I teared up. I don't even know him anymore.

What can I do? Is he a lost cause? Once someone has gone so deep as to support Bernie Sanders, can he be brought back to the light?

Limpy

Banned
Oct 20, 2015
My dad is the same. He was laughing up the crazy shit he was saying and thought Trump would do good for America.

Now my dad is almost unbearable to be around if a news channel is on. During Thanksgiving I nearly got up and took a break because of his whining and bitching.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
A shotgun BANG,
What's up with that thang?
I wanna know, how do they hang?

Jan 21, 2015
excellent OP

Its not just family, good people everywhere have been victimized by the MSM, walking and living in a delusional world fed to them by a device they've been conditioned to believe and trust. Its the real Walking Dead

Jan 21, 2015
my father in law watches the news in Brasil every chance he gets. He loves it. Over and over, all day if he could. There is a massive media monopoly in Brasil there are even less major orgs than in the US. He doesn't see that as a problem.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
This reminds me that I'm going to be seeing my super-libtard cousin-in-law in a couple days. Last I saw her she said she was moving to Canada after Trump got elected.

I can't wait to ask her how far the drive was to Grandma's house.

She is very easy to fire up. Very emotional. Then my cousin spends the rest of the day trying to calm her down. It happens every year, but this year should be extra fun.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
This reminds me that I'm going to be seeing my super-libtard cousin-in-law in a couple days. Last I saw her she said she was moving to Canada after Trump got elected.

I can't wait to ask her how far the drive was to Grandma's house.

She is very easy to fire up. Very emotional. Then my cousin spends the rest of the day trying to calm her down. It happens every year, but this year should be extra fun.
Tell them we need to bring back Bush

Jan 21, 2015
in 2 days I fly out to see my folks. My dad has been reading the paper every day for decades, and enjoys the news, thinks he is informed lol

I have a real hard time with it. Its like watching someone stabbing or poisoning themselves but you can't say or do anything about it they think its good for them.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
You should use some of that free healthcare and have the old man commited for being insane. Sorry bro

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I think there's a 2 year waiting list to see a psychiatrist if you're not suicidal and you don't eat your own poop.
What about if they eat other people's? You could call them up and say he's been stealing yours, it might speed up the waiting line

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
I think there's a 2 year waiting list to see a psychiatrist if you're not suicidal and you don't eat your own poop.
You should take your Dad out for a day of shooting guns, the biggest steak dinner in town, and whiskey and strippers. He will be ready to grab some pussies then.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
On second thought I wouldn't put the poop eating thing past him.

Anyone who watches that much CNN must have a healthy appetite for shit.

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
My dad has been totally brainwashed by fake news CNN. We don't get FOX news here, just CNN. He drank the Kool Aid and now is super anti-Trump.

It's sad because it wasn't always this way. During Trump's campaign, we would watch the debates and laugh our asses off as he was pwning Low Energy Jeb, Little Marco and Lyin' Ted. It was a great bonding experience and we both celebrated Trump's victory over Crooked Hillary like Canada winning hockey gold at the 2010 Olympics.

But over the last year, fake news CNN has turned him against Trump. I saw him last night and he was comparing Trump to Hitler and saying he would have all his opponents killed if he could get away with it. Trump is Putin's puppet, ect. He even said that America would be in a much better spot if Hillary or Bernie were running things. I teared up. I don't even know him anymore.

What can I do? Is he a lost cause? Once someone has gone so deep as to support Bernie Sanders, can he be brought back to the light?
would a satellite dish solve the no-fox problem? the only place anyone should see CNN is glancing at it at airports, any more exposure to it is toxic