How da fuq does this "Schmo" get press credentials?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
If his shtick was original it could be humorous and something different, but it's not. He's ripping his entire character off from Nardwuar. Anyone that has seen even just a few Nardwuar interviews sees it right away. Have to be quick so you'll have to youtube Nardwuar yourself. Fuck Schmos biting ass.
Nardwuard was a soft spoken overly polite character with his doot-doodle-doot-doot shit. Schmo has class and asks questions others don't.

Carbazel

Freelance MMA Analyst
Aug 8, 2015
If his shtick was original it could be humorous and something different, but it's not. He's ripping his entire character off from Nardwuar. Anyone that has seen even just a few Nardwuar interviews sees it right away. Have to be quick so you'll have to youtube Nardwuar yourself. Fuck Schmos biting ass.
Wow, yeah completely copying that dude's style.

hit4me4

Given out tokes like it ain't no thing
Oct 24, 2015
The shtick is strong with this one. Basically a MMA Benjy Bronk.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Never heard of him before today. Apparently Dana hadn't either...

But it seems he's been around for a while. There's vids of him on YouTube doing his thing with MMA fighters. In this one he becomes the Schmo on EPO:

No shade on you here MovinOn @MovinOn , but a better question is why does MMAHAWK @MMAHAWK not have press credentials yet?

In my opinion, instead of us all wasting our time shitting on a dude who got what he wanted, we should be banding together to find a way to get a fellow member the credentials that he deserves.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
No shade on you here MovinOn @MovinOn , but a better question is why does MMAHAWK @MMAHAWK not have press credentials yet?

In my opinion, instead of us all wasting our time shitting on a dude who got what he wanted, we should be banding together to find a way to get a fellow member the credentials that he deserves.
Sadly for the UFC it comes down to social media followers and being in the in club. But between this sites help and the podcast I can pretty much get credentials to any other organization with some work. My issue is that I take it seriously representing whoever got me credentials and it’s work. For bigger events I really enjoy just being a fan, having a drink, and cheering occasionally for certain fighters. All things you can’t do or are not supposed to do as media. Also some events it would be possible but others as Carbazel @Carbazel can confirm require an additional 2 or 3 days to cover the workouts, media day, and weigh ins. Financially it would crush me to pay trave, hotel, and take days off work for a 1 hour press conference.

With all that said it would be awesome to be able to cover 2 or 3 big ufc events a year.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Sadly for the UFC it comes down to social media followers and being in the in club. But between this sites help and the podcast I can pretty much get credentials to any other organization with some work. My issue is that I take it seriously representing whoever got me credentials and it’s work. For bigger events I really enjoy just being a fan, having a drink, and cheering occasionally for certain fighters. All things you can’t do or are not supposed to do as media. Also some events it would be possible but others as Carbazel @Carbazel can confirm require an additional 2 or 3 days to cover the workouts, media day, and weigh ins. Financially it would crush me to pay trave, hotel, and take days off work for a 1 hour press conference.

With all that said it would be awesome to be able to cover 2 or 3 big ufc events a year.
With your knowledge and background in the sport I would be seriously surprised if a big mma website wouldn’t pick you up as a paid corespondent.

If you were to get press credentials without a big sites help, I truly believe that by submitting the incredibly well written and researched articles you have written here and showcasing your insane picture threads you would be able to at get least an interview for a full time reporter.

There is no doubt in my mind that your knowledge of mma is better that 99% of their staff.

I have no idea what you do for regular work but I know what you were born to do. It’s up to you if you’re willing to pursue it.

MMAHAWK

Feb 5, 2015
With your knowledge and background in the sport I would be seriously surprised if a big mma website wouldn’t pick you up as a paid corespondent.

If you were to get press credentials without a big sites help, I truly believe that by submitting the incredibly well written and researched articles you have written here and showcasing your insane picture threads you would be able to at get least an interview for a full time reporter.

There is no doubt in my mind that your knowledge of mma is better that 99% of their staff.

I have no idea what you do for regular work but I know what you were born to do. It’s up to you if you’re willing to pursue it.
Appreciate the complements

I have no doubt that I could move up the ladder if given the opportunity. Also I don’t believe that there are many other people that have the historical knowledge and experiences around the sport as I.

When it comes to the reporter and correspondence work I have no idea what those pay. Obviously that would depend on work put in and becoming more well known.

I have a solid safe job with a public school district I’m california. I don’t make a huge salary by any means but there is a pension. I worked my ass off for almost 20 years in construction then got this job 5 years ago. I am a super calculated person and that makes it hard to walk away from what could be a million+ Over retirement. On the other hand I watched my dad die at 50 and nothing is guaranteed. It would be a dream for me to do the things you’re saying tho. You really got me thinking.

Carbazel

Freelance MMA Analyst
Aug 8, 2015

Most media, outside of the obvious is underpaid. It's a grind and while I do get credentialed and even got one from the UFC once, it is work. I love it so getting a little chump change is a bonus for me. Plus I love talk to to fighters and promoters that have a passion for martial arts .

Schmo obviously does his homework and if he asked his question without the forced comedy, we would have noticed that first. He's likely not hurting for money as he seems like he's got it already if you check the links in the piece I wrote. I respect that he's doing something he likes but I get it when you see guys with MMAHAWK @MMAHAWK knowledge on the history of the sport not somehow getting more eyes on him but that's why we do the podcast. He may "Just Bleed" sometimes but he's a walking MMA Wikipedia.

MMAHAWK

Feb 5, 2015
Most media, outside of the obvious is underpaid. It's a grind and while I do get credentialed and even got one from the UFC once, it is work. I love it so getting a little chump change is a bonus for me. Plus I love talk to to fighters and promoters that have a passion for martial arts .

Schmo obviously does his homework and if he asked his question without the forced comedy, we would have noticed that first. He's likely not hurting for money as he seems like he's got it already if you check the links in the piece I wrote. I respect that he's doing something he likes but I get it when you see guys with MMAHAWK @MMAHAWK knowledge on the history of the sport not somehow getting more eyes on him but that's why we do the podcast. He may "Just Bleed" sometimes but he's a walking MMA Wikipedia.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Appreciate the complements

I have no doubt that I could move up the ladder if given the opportunity. Also I don’t believe that there are many other people that have the historical knowledge and experiences around the sport as I.

When it comes to the reporter and correspondence work I have no idea what those pay. Obviously that would depend on work put in and becoming more well known.

I have a solid safe job with a public school district I’m california. I don’t make a huge salary by any means but there is a pension. I worked my ass off for almost 20 years in construction then got this job 5 years ago. I am a super calculated person and that makes it hard to walk away from what could be a million+ Over retirement. On the other hand I watched my dad die at 50 and nothing is guaranteed. It would be a dream for me to do the things you’re saying tho. You really got me thinking.
I’m not going to sit here and pretend to tell you that i know it’s a good idea to let go of a stable income and pursue your mma reporter calling.

You have to ask yourself if being comfortable and not taking a chance on living your dream is worth the regrets you may have later in life.

Is the juice worth the squeeze?

The only one who knows is you.

homo fagit

Writer, and adventurer
Jul 17, 2018
Can't wait for the day we finally get to see MMAHAWK's article about cameltoes after the biggest PPV of the year

MovinOn

Canis lupus familiaris
Jan 3, 2018
Tony actually tolerated this guy for almost 4 mins. I think they might even be friends!