General How did Donald Trump made YOUR life, better or worse?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015

Hate him or love him, how did Donald Trump affect your life? I don't want to hear the same old narrative from the media but am very curious to how Trump made your personal life any better or worse? Personal life meaning anything that pertains directly to you and your immediate family (not friends, relatives, or neighbors).

some example

Trump is pro veteran and some past presidents were too but not as much as Trump. All of my veteran services got better after Trump came to the office, therefore, my health care and overall support system is a lot better than before.

Trump is not messing with cannabis legalized states. Even Obama can't say this, during Obama's term, Feds were always cracking down on the medical marijuana shops, I experienced it first hand when Feds stormed the dispensary I was at. Trump is pro-federally legalization of cannabis therefore I can buy some quality, lab tested weed from dispensaries, not that nasty poisonous cartel weed. This is good for my overall health for lots of weed products have lots of benefits and my general well being.

Trump is cracking down on the illegal immigration. My family immigrated to the US after waiting about 10 years to approve of our visa, then another 10 after working and paying taxes to get our citizenships. Trump is putting his foot down on the illegals that are here and kicking them out, making it fair and square for the ones like us that are going through the proper protocols and putting their dues in.

Trump is pro 1st and 2nd Amendment. I can say whatever I want without having to look over my shoulder for fines or jail time and also have the ability to protect my family and home from criminals and tyrannical government. I came from a country where both of those don't exist so this is a big deal. I can be free as I want to be in America.

I get hated on by anti-Trump people for openly saying I support Trump so that part sux

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I get to see people squirm, and it's funny.
I often laugh, and laughing releases endorphins, which are my favorite sea creatures, slaughtered by Japanese & trapped in my old six-pack holders.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I was genuinely relieved the morning I woke up and found out Hillary didn’t win.

bless that dumbass’s soul
I was overseas the day it happened. We tricked one of my coworkers and told him Hillary won. He was pissed

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015

Trump is cracking down on the illegal immigration.
My family immigrated to the US after waiting about 10 years to approve of our visa, then another 10 after working and paying taxes to get our citizenships. Trump is putting his foot down on the illegals that are here and kicking them out, making it fair and square for the ones like us that are going through the proper protocols and putting their dues in.
Trump is pro veteran and some past presidents were too but not as much as Trump.
Except that .....Trump is also cracking down on all legal immigration. Even with veterans:

New Trump Policy Ends US Citizenship Rights to Children of Some Troops Stationed Overseas

Emails show the VA didn't spare veterans from Trump immigration policy

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
“For the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of my country. And not just because Trump has done well, but because I think people are hungry for change. And I have been desperate to see our country moving in that direction.”

Also America first, never had more pride in my country...

#Trump2016/2020

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Someone here mentioned that his impeachment would do him some favours in terms of likeability.

I thought what a load of old tosh but it worked for me after thinking about it. If I could vote I would re elect him. The dems looked like a whiny bunch of pussies during the impeachment process. If you're going for impeachment at least have something meaty and tangible up your sleeve as your "ta daaaa" rather than the whimpering bollocks they came up with.

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
Not much since I don’t live in the US.

I guess the stock markets have been volatile when tariff talks happen, and 2-3 times I pumped and dumped some stocks at small profits because of that.

In that way I guess he’s been good for me but only because global markets have think he’s a bit of a hothead

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
My 401k has been killing it.

My personal taxes were a lot easier this last time around.

The nightmare of Section 179 was done away with. Now businesses know how much they can deduct as they operate throughout the year, where in the past the entire country was waiting until the 11th hour (sometimes up to 2 weeks left in the year) for Congress to announce what the deduction limits would be. It was a joke - the entire nation would go on a shopping spree once they realized they could take a full deduction - but you had to take possession of the item in that year. It was a fucking nightmare. I don't know how much Trump had to do with it, but it changed within the last couple of years.

On the negative side - It's impossible to find people to work right now. Anyone who wants a job, has a job. I've had to change my tactics by attempting to snipe people away from competitors by offering more money and better benefits. As a whole, I guess that's a good thing. But during the Obama years it sure was nice to post a job opening and have 15 people apply the next day.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
In 2015 I took a flu vaccine and developed severe autism. One day, before I got banned, the trump liked one of my tweets and I was cured. I owe everything to Donald.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
The only thing I have gotten from him is lots of laughs. Some people HATE him and some people LOVE him, so it's funny to see them get butthurt over comments against their beliefs.

My MAGA baseball cap has got me some giggles, too

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
The only thing I have gotten from him is lots of laughs. Some people HATE him and some people LOVE him, so it's funny to see them get butthurt over comments against their beliefs.

Its not the hat people are laughing at

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
My 401k keeps kicking ass
Same here. Also, I’m in the manufacturing industry and the company that I work for has had record revenues the past 3 years. That means more money in a lot of people’s pockets via wage increases and bonuses.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016

You wear that here in the States in a major city and it's a guaranteed fight.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Same here. Also, I’m in the manufacturing industry and the company that I work for has had record revenues the past 3 years. That means more money in a lot of people’s pockets via wage increases and bonuses.
Same. Again, I don't know how much Trump is responsible - but raises have gone out every year since he took office. On the other side of it, we went the entire Obama administration with a wage freeze. Not that it was necessarily Obama's fault for that.

I don't give the president too much credit - or criticism - on what the economy is doing when they are in office.
The policies they put in place typically take years to show any results.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Same. Again, I don't know how much Trump is responsible - but raises have gone out every year since he took office. On the other side of it, we went the entire Obama administration with a wage freeze. Not that it was necessarily Obama's fault for that.

I don't give the president too much credit - or criticism - on what the economy is doing when they are in office.
I feel like what we're seeing right now/for the last few years is a combo of the two. Things finally stabilizing due in large part to the Obama era stopping the hemorrhage that was occurring coupled with businesses having more confidence knowing that Trump has a shit ton of money tied up and is really focused on loosening the reigns so that businesses can operate more freely. The result is more "consumer confidence" because more of them became re-employed under Obama and businesses are reinvesting in their own growth again as they look forward. One guy helped patch the leaking ship and the next guy is calling for full steam ahead. We could be headed off the edge of the flat Earth but people have a few more shekels in their pockets on the journey.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

I think deregulation had a lot to do with what we’re witnessing.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Pretty much sums it up for me as well. My investments haven’t done particularly better or worse than before.

M

member 1013

bend that brim you goof!

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
most off topic portions of forums went to shit because half the threads are jerk off divide and conquer threads

My taxes went up...retirement has done well

mixed bag really..some good some bad

Business as usual IMO