General How did Donald Trump made YOUR life, better or worse?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
yea,
The USCIS later Wednesday tried to clarify what its new policy meant explaining,

that the new rule would only affect three categories of people: Children of non-U.S. citizens adopted by U.S. citizen government employees or service members; children of non-U.S. citizen government employees or service members who were naturalized after the child’s birth; and children of U.S. citizens who do not meet residency requirements.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
I’m from Brazil so Trump’s silliness doesn’t affect me directly (kind of). But he is one piece in the machine that affects every aspect of little people’s lives and plus we have our own little Trump jr. here catering to american interest at every single turn.

in the past couple years I lost the right to retire at a reasonable age (for no good reason at all) and my work class has been under full attack of the Congress. We will certainly have our career plan revoked which will render years of education financially useless.

but that’s nothing compared to my local state government quest to destroy public financing of everything which includes paying public workers wages in tiny portions ( which is flat out illegal). This has turned my mom’s financial life into chaos and spiked deep depression which at some times I feared would lead to suicide.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Better because now we see how some people truly feel about this country. The liberals hid it very well before but now Trump has them revealing themselves and its awesome lol. I just dont know why people who seem to hate this country so much still stay here, oh yeah now i remember.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015

Hate him or love him, how did Donald Trump affect your life? I don't want to hear the same old narrative from the media but am very curious to how Trump made your personal life any better or worse? Personal life meaning anything that pertains directly to you and your immediate family (not friends, relatives, or neighbors).

some example

Trump is pro veteran and some past presidents were too but not as much as Trump. All of my veteran services got better after Trump came to the office, therefore, my health care and overall support system is a lot better than before.

Trump is not messing with cannabis legalized states. Even Obama can't say this, during Obama's term, Feds were always cracking down on the medical marijuana shops, I experienced it first hand when Feds stormed the dispensary I was at. Trump is pro-federally legalization of cannabis therefore I can buy some quality, lab tested weed from dispensaries, not that nasty poisonous cartel weed. This is good for my overall health for lots of weed products have lots of benefits and my general well being.

Trump is cracking down on the illegal immigration. My family immigrated to the US after waiting about 10 years to approve of our visa, then another 10 after working and paying taxes to get our citizenships. Trump is putting his foot down on the illegals that are here and kicking them out, making it fair and square for the ones like us that are going through the proper protocols and putting their dues in.

Trump is pro 1st and 2nd Amendment. I can say whatever I want without having to look over my shoulder for fines or jail time and also have the ability to protect my family and home from criminals and tyrannical government. I came from a country where both of those don't exist so this is a big deal. I can be free as I want to be in America.

I get hated on by anti-Trump people for openly saying I support Trump so that part sux
Asking people for personal benefits and losses is a pretty poor litmus test of a presidency as bad times usually get redistributed elsewhere. Also not sure how cracking down on immigration has anything to do with your family's own immigration story. He's made both authorized and unauthorized immigration more difficult for everyone. You're basically just saying I suffered because of past bad policy, so everyone should suffer. And if he's so pro first amendment, why has he declared war on the press from the first week after his victory? These are questions you should ask yourself, particularly as a newcomer to this country.

For me personally, he's done a few things that made my life worse, but not in isolation. It was he and the Republican controlled Congress working in concert.

First, my federal taxes went up after the initial tax decrease and I'm a low wage earner. Second, I was laid off early in his administration and he and Congress reduced the period of eligibility for unemployment from a year to 6 months, touting job growth as a justification, even though that growth was mostly in very specific areas of the economy. I ended up having to move into a shared space to afford the rent with the job I got after 8 months of searching. I decided to pursue further education and was fortunate enough to get an opportunity, but am now faced with a constricting job market due to increased deregulation of education under Betsey DeVos. When my colleagues and I tried to start a union for better wages and benefits, we were precluded from doing so because he changed the composition of the National Labor Relations Board to one that ruled we were ineligible to qualify as workers. My children live in Trump country and because of the xenophobia and racism he's mainstreamed my son in particular, who's pretty brown, has had to endure taunts accusing him of being an immigrant and threatening him with deportation.

Close friends of mine have also borne the brunt, with one losing her husband who came here as a child to deportation and at least 3 other people I personally know who did everything they were supposed to do, followed the requirements, paid the money, were well educated and had a solid work history getting turned down under the new Visa policy. My very close friend is in North Carolina and due to a combination of his state's refusal of the Medicaid expansion and lose rules governing what constitutes full time in GOP modifications to the Affordable Care Act, he and his family have been uninsured for some time. Another close friend found herself suddenly ineligible for food stamps she'd been relying on to survive with her two kids when they modified the federal guidelines. My girlfriend, who's from Cuba, has also been dealing with her family's immiseration due to the administration's decision to renew a hostile policy toward the island. A couple friends from Puerto Rico watched their families suffer while he played games with releasing aid.

There are subtler things that have affected us all like communications policies, kicking net neutrality over to the FTC from the FCC—in effect killing it—which basically means all our cable bills are going to steadily rise. He also recently pushed for census modifications, many of which were thankfully not taken up, but a few of which were, which will have implications for funding to communities, groups, etc. With Trump, in many cases what's more alarming is what he's attempted than what he's accomplished. Thankfully some of it was blocked by the courts. Some by Congressional action. Some by his advisors, who it's well documented only carry out some of his orders. Further, his impact can only fully be understood when you take into account what he's done in partnership with Congress and how he's modified the courts and what the implications of that have been.

In my view, Bush was still 10000 times worse and Trump is really just annoying because he's erratic and a serial liar. He's a pretty mainstream Republican in most other ways, so if you ride with that team or make good money, I guess it's easy to see why he'd be favorable.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Asking people for personal benefits and losses is a pretty poor litmus test of a presidency as bad times usually get redistributed elsewhere. Also not sure how cracking down on immigration has anything to do with your family's own immigration story. He's made both authorized and unauthorized immigration more difficult for everyone. You're basically just saying I suffered because of past bad policy, so everyone should suffer. And if he's so pro first amendment, why has he declared war on the press from the first week after his victory? These are questions you should ask yourself, particularly as a newcomer to this country.

For me personally, he's done a few things that made my life worse, but not in isolation. It was he and the Republican controlled Congress working in concert.

First, my federal taxes went up after the initial tax decrease and I'm a low wage earner. Second, I was laid off early in his administration and he and Congress reduced the period of eligibility for unemployment from a year to 6 months, touting job growth as a justification, even though that growth was mostly in very specific areas of the economy. I ended up having to move into a shared space to afford the rent with the job I got after 8 months of searching. I decided to pursue further education and was fortunate enough to get an opportunity, but am now faced with a constricting job market due to increased deregulation of education under Betsey DeVos. When my colleagues and I tried to start a union for better wages and benefits, we were precluded from doing so because he changed the composition of the National Labor Relations Board to one that ruled we were ineligible to qualify as workers. My children live in Trump country and because of the xenophobia and racism he's mainstreamed my son in particular, who's pretty brown, has had to endure taunts accusing him of being an immigrant and threatening him with deportation.

Close friends of mine have also borne the brunt, with one losing her husband who came here as a child to deportation and at least 3 other people I personally know who did everything they were supposed to do, followed the requirements, paid the money, were well educated and had a solid work history getting turned down under the new Visa policy. My very close friend is in North Carolina and due to a combination of his state's refusal of the Medicaid expansion and lose rules governing what constitutes full time in GOP modifications to the Affordable Care Act, he and his family have been uninsured for some time. Another close friend found herself suddenly ineligible for food stamps she'd been relying on to survive with her two kids when they modified the federal guidelines. My girlfriend, who's from Cuba, has also been dealing with her family's immiseration due to the administration's decision to renew a hostile policy toward the island. A couple friends from Puerto Rico watched their families suffer while he played games with releasing aid.

There are subtler things that have affected us all like communications policies, kicking net neutrality over to the FTC from the FCC—in effect killing it—which basically means all our cable bills are going to steadily rise. He also recently pushed for census modifications, many of which were thankfully not taken up, but a few of which were, which will have implications for funding to communities, groups, etc. With Trump, in many cases what's more alarming is what he's attempted than what he's accomplished. Thankfully some of it was blocked by the courts. Some by Congressional action. Some by his advisors, who it's well documented only carry out some of his orders. Further, his impact can only fully be understood when you take into account what he's done in partnership with Congress and how he's modified the courts and what the implications of that have been.

In my view, Bush was still 10000 times worse and Trump is really just annoying because he's erratic and a serial liar. He's a pretty mainstream Republican in most other ways, so if you ride with that team or make good money, I guess it's easy to see why he'd be favorable.
well sorry all of that happened to you and the people around and I've been living in this country for over 20 years so not quite a newcomer, also was a member of the armed services, risked my life trying to serve this country.

but first of all, in no way in hell I think Trump is a good person, definitely don't want his type in my circle of friends but I feel like he gets criticized over stuff that are irrelevant to him being a president and it's unfair. Yea, there is really no way to know if the current president has any effect on what is going on for the fact that most bills or policy that's been approved takes awhile before it takes full effect. I made the thread trying to call the haters out, which kind of worked. Other than you, no one has really give detailed explanation on why he is so bad other than the same old narrative of Trump said this or that.

For my immigration experience, I was pointing those out for the fairness of the process. It's unfortunate that the immigration policy didn't work out for your friends (not sure how much you were involved but got to be some discrepancy with their application information) but I haven't seen that around me. My wife just got her green card no problem, my cousin who lives in Alabama got his wife a green card no problem, my aunts and uncle became naturalized citizens last year after working in the state for few years, haven't really seen any of them get deported either.

So how did Trump declared war on Press? (IDK so educate me) from my understanding, the media always had a green light to say and report whatever they wanted about Trump (including fabricating stories) I mean, if you don't call that a Freedom of Speech / Press, then what is? Because if you did that in country like South Korea, you'd probably be jailed. Again, from my understanding, it's all the ones that were opposing Trump that would label such thing as "hate speech"? To me, Trump is exercising his 1st Amendment rights by saying whatever he wants in any medium. So what was this war on the media that you're talking about?

Sorry your children got that type of treatment, that's horrible, but what exactly Trump said that made your son a target? Is it really what Trump said? Did Trump called for violence and discrimination on the people of your children's color or was it because of some racist mofos that lives around you?

Again, sorry these unfortunate events happen to people around you but I can't really sympathize since it's case by case. My mom collects food-stamp, other than because she moved to a new county, she collects them without problem and help us out with groceries. The net-neutrality act, not sure how that affects certain people say who choose to only use the internet to access their News and Entertainment. Sure, I live in Silicon Valley, my brother got a raise and even though he was laid off, it was pretty easy for him to find another high-paying job.

One thing we agree on is BUSh being the worst of them all. Again, I'm sorry lot of the things didn't turn out to your favor.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
The lack of American tourists is a nice change this summer.

Last edited:

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
to be honest both the obama years and trump years have had thier negatives in 2008-2010 I was broke . with trump we have his whole covid situation and the economic collapse that will follow. my only beef with trump is him calling mexicans rapists in drug dealers made it okay for people to belittle and condescend to mexicans who literally built a lot of this country brick by brick but I think blm with all their shenanigans made people forget about all that stuff.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Well, obviously the bond between our countries is somewhat strained right now.
Between all the attempts to weaken Europe, Nato etc. Sending a nut job like Grenell over here as ambassador was a bad move. He was frozen out by our politicians and had to resign.

Now he is withdrawing a large amount of US troops from our country as "punishment". Gotta say though, I am not opposed to that. Get your troops and nuclear weapons outta here for all I care.

I think many effects are still to come though.

Now, personally I was directly affected when the whole China trade war thing kicked off. I just bought a new phone from a Chinese company, and all of the sudden Google wasn't allowed to provide updates for it anymore. Even here. That was grade A bullshit. Thankfully our consumer laws helped me with that, but as soon as it was over I got it again anyhow.

And of course the mafia mentality acting by the US with the Nord Stream 2 sanctions. This is a biggy and will probably become even bigger. The US needs to back the fuck off.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
It has brought me 4 years of lulz while the cringe left has gotten more retarded every day. 4 years ago they at least tried to keep the communist race war under wraps.now they are loud and proud and showing their true colors