How did you score Jones-Reyes?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

How did you score Jones-Reyes?

• Jones 49-46

• Jones 48-47

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
In his last two fights he's looked very beatable. I will admit that.
Looked beatable vs Anthony Smith and OSP also

Fact is the guy has "won" 7 of his last 9 via Judges scorecard

His two finishes in that nine fight stretch include one in which he was Juicing...and another where he finished a guy trying to tough out an injury suffered from an illegal blow by Jon

His legacy of asterisks and decision victories is building with every fight

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I had it 3-2 Reyes.

Looks like Reyes talking to Mirgs before the fight made a difference. Mirgs warned Jones 3 times about outstretched fingers. Once in the middle of the fight. So Jones was never able to deploy his game-changing fingers of doom hence the fight was close.

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

His two finishes in that nine fight stretch include one in which he was Juicing...and another where he finished a guy trying to tough out an injury suffered from an illegal blow by Jon

Well said. He has only fought in title fights (normal or interim) even when coming off of suspensions. So the UFC has done a lot to protect his legacy that he didn't deserve.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
SongExotic2 @Shang Tsong2
What I posted is 100% true...In 4 of his last 9 Jones has looked very beatable and unspectacular

I would prefer his first loss to be him getting finished...Decisions don't mean much regardless of who is winning...Not crying, just stating the facts

I don't give a crap about this latest decision...all good in the hood

I respect the finishers of MMA, High finish rates are the type of fighters I gravitate towards and respect the most...Maybe Jon can get another finish or two in his career, or maybe it is decisions from here on out...I dunno

Have a good day lil bro

Last edited:

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Hey did you ever have a 5 round fight or is that a UFC thing? I'm curious about how it changes the game plan
Nope I never fought more than 3 rounds.. and only 1 of my 40 plus amateur and pro fights combined went to decision.. Kill or be killed.. and 5 rounds would be a bitch to train for and fight through..Sports evolved a lot since I started as well.

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Not sure if serious

Jones lost that fight mate.
100%serious... I've watched it 3x now and Jones won the last half with ease and Dom backed up almost 3 rounds straight and ws bleeding and tired..JBJ ate his best shots and just kept coming..Reyes started on fire and fizzled out.

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
how does Reyes lose the 3rd? It definitely wasn’t a toss up. Reyes landed bigger strikes regardless if he’s backing up.
The round ws razor close... Octagon control is part of scoring criteria so it's not regardless..

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
48-47 Reyes
but I thought it was pretty clear on who won each round...the 49-46 was horrible.

A bad decision, but probably not Top 25 Bad Decisions In MMA History

TheFifthScallop

Who am I kidding? I’m a whore.
Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
The round ws razor close... Octagon control is part of scoring criteria so it's not regardless..
Just because you’re backing up doesn’t mean you’re not controlling the cage. Anderson did it beautifully for years.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
I can’t stand jones.

That being said, even though I disagree with the outcome, I can’t argue with his last two decisions.

Reyes and Santos definitely could have won (I had both winning) but I can see the argument for jones being the victor. Neither guy went all out, made a statement and both had razor close rounds.

Jones last two fights have been similar to GSP vs Hendricks. It all depends on how you score the rounds. I will go to my grave defending GSP winning 3 rounds vs hendricks 2 (though I believe overall hendricks won the fight) because like it or not, that’s the way the rules go.

jones has most definitely looked beatable in his last two outings, but, in both cases his opponents have not done enough to solidify the fact that they won the fight.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Just because you’re backing up doesn’t mean you’re not controlling the cage. Anderson did it beautifully for years.
Nobody is arguing that you can't be leading the dance by counter striking, but that has nothing to do with this fight.

If Reyes was leading the dance, he wouldn't have gassed out so early. He was quite clearly being pressured and fighting on Jones' terms the longer the fight progressed.