How did you score Lima vs MacDonald?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

What was your scorecard for Douglas Lima vs Rory MacDonald?

• Total voters
M

member 3289

I had it 48-47 Lima but I knew it was really close. I might have overcompensated trying to fight my Rory bias and given Lima R2. I really wanted Rory to win and am happy he did regardless though.

Here's how I scored it:

Round 1 - Rory, narrowly

Round 2 - Lima, narrowly

Round 3 - Lima (Rory was winning but I gave it to Lima for dropping Rory with the leg kick)

Round 4 - Lima easily

Round 5 - Rory easily

You?

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
48-47 Rory. Douglas did himself no favors staying in closed guard for the entire 5th round. Needed to take the risk to try and create a scramble and get up.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
Same as you, 48-47 Lima. But it was close enough that it's not a robbery, and that leg was crippled enough that Lima isn't far away from a rematch.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
I had it 48-47 Lima but I knew it was really close. I might have overcompensated trying to fight my Rory bias and given Lima R2. I really wanted Rory to win and am happy he did regardless though.

Here's how I scored it:

Round 1 - Rory, narrowly

Round 2 - Lima, narrowly

Round 3 - Lima (Rory was winning but I gave it to Lima for dropping Rory with the leg kick)

Round 4 - Lima easily

Round 5 - Rory easily

You?
This is exactly how i had it.

Clappin'Daddys

Posting Machine
Sep 9, 2015
Same score for me op. 3-2, but I knew the judges were going to come out with hot shit. Some of those Cards were trash.

It was a positioning vs damage type of fight, and judges seem to want to score positioning.

Crazy how Lima had rory diving for singles. Had him coming out southpaw and diving for legs in the 3rd.

Lima has Edson type low kicks.

Anyone catch a glimps of rory getting carried out of the cage? He couldn’t walk at all

M

member 603

Here's how I scored it:

Round 1 - Rory, narrowly

Round 2 - Lima, narrowly

Round 4 - Lima easily

Round 5 - Rory easily

You?
I gave Rory the win 3-2, the only round difference I have with yours is round 2 I narrowly gave to Rory. I know all the talks about immediate rematches and how they suck are mostly true (looking at you Rose v Joanna 2), but in this instance they should run this back sooner than later.

M

member 3289

I gave Rory the win 3-2, the only round difference I have with yours is round 2 I narrowly gave to Rory.
Yeah I just re-watched it at the Bellator link above and agree with you about round 2. Lima landed a few good right hooks when Rory grabbed for a single leg, but Rory controlled the clinch and just the overall pace of that round.

M

member 603

Yeah I just re-watched it at the Bellator link above and agree with you about round 2. Lima landed a few good right hooks when Rory grabbed for a single leg, but Rory controlled the clinch and just the overall pace of that round.
Yeah that whole damage vs control thing here really determined the fight... Lima definitely did more damage this round, but Rory controlled it

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
You could give it to Rory just based off round 5. To still be able to land the takedown and control Lima with a crippled leg like that... you deserve to be champion.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
I couldn’t stay focused on the score cards cuz I thought Rory’s leg was going to show bones.

As far as the score, I thought either 3-2 Rory or Lima, very close.

My friends and I were debating Rory’s lack of heart from when Robbie Lawler finished him but god daym, he showed heart like non-other.

Usually when fighters drop from a hard leg kick, they lose.