Lifestyle How does the world end...?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
Alternate title: How do you want it to end.

-Interstellar impact
-Terminator scenario where the machines become aware
-Ebola mutates and becomes airborne
-Massive nuclear warfare
-other

????

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Weaponized autism creates a virus known as social justice warriors

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
Unexpected natural event like the Wyoming super volcano erupting, changes the climate to the point we can't maintain the food chain.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
99% of Humanes get killed in impact of rock from space traveling at unimaginable speed
and then we start over like we have countless of other times

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
99% of Humanes get killed in impact of rock from space traveling at unimaginable speed
and then we start over like we have countless of other times
Why do 1% survive?

I'm assuming start over means they become stupid like cavemen?

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Why do 1% survive?

I'm assuming start over means they become stupid like cavemen?
that is just my hope and what appears to have happened before...cavemen were not stupid...they just had no power grid or supermarkets available for convenience

all could be lost...or half could be lost or a small number

but likely a few get in some caves...either manmade or natural and survive the destroyed planet to eventually repopulate...but that would not be how the world ends I guess so...nevermind

Shit is cray cray though

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
If you subscribe to the great filter theory and believe it's ahead of us, could be a number of things.

Disease often has some percentage of population immunity. Maybe not every time and maybe it's this that gets us. However, people have survived HIV and rabies, both of which are pretty fatal. A weaponised pathogen might get out of hand.

Might be technology revolt from AI. I don't know enough to comment. My ignorant opinion is that we can bash machines before they wipe us all out. Maybe they launch nukes. I guess that would a bad day in the office for humanity.

I think we'd be able to deflect a giant asteroid but it depends how big. If it was moon sized, we'd be fucked. That's the end of all life on earth. In fact, that's my answer. If we don't get outta Dodge, I think a giant planetary collision does us in.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I think we'd be able to deflect a giant asteroid but it depends how big. If it was moon sized, we'd be fucked. That's the end of all life on earth. In fact, that's my answer. If we don't get outta Dodge, I think a giant planetary collision does us in.
Last 3 big objects that came close to us were undetected until a day or two before they passed us...the one in russia was not seen....We still pretend we went to the moon 100years ago....we aint stopping shit ben affleck

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Climate change and the global instability it will bring could easily end human civilization and several species within our lifetimes. The world will still be here, becoming something else.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
That scenario is and either/or, not an "and"

Fighting "Climate change" is one of the single largest causes of current global instability.
If you're going to put the term in quotes, there's not much worth discussing. I agree with you that the efforts to fight it are politicized and economic drivers, but the global instability due to its effects has already begun in many parts of the world. Based on evidence, it's largely already too late.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
I just want a meteor the size of Texas to impact the earth while moving 60,000 feet per second. Is that so wrong.