Cinema How good was Seinfeld?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
From the Seinfeld fact a day calendar:

"By 1997, the money pouring in from Seinfeld's success allowed NBC to plan for its inevitable Seinfeld-free future, investing in cable networks, international markets and long-term rights to broadcast the Olympics. "It almost defies logic what the value of the program is," a media buyer told Businessweek. "Seinfeld is one of the most important shows in history." Businessweek declared it a 'TV supershow.' "

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
Seinfeld was the best show on TV at it's height, for sure. I think it goes down as one of the best-written for it's time, it was a different concept to come along.

The great episodes still stand up, but the humor in general is dated.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
I'm proud to say I was able to catch "The Puerto Rican Day" episode when it aired. Before NBC was forced to apologize and ban the episode from the network. Of course the ban was eventually lifted but for like five years that episode was never re-aired.

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Its subjective, but I think its one of the best SITCOMS easily.

It's one of the few shows I can watch that I already have seen the episodes. I never been the type of watch a movie 14 times, or the same re runs, but Seinfeld is different, I can watch re runs and still laugh and have a good chuckle. DasRy

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
The 3 or 4 years that had Cheers, Night Court and Seinfeld on the air at the same time were the greatest of all time in terms of comedy.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Easily in the top 5 greatest shows of all time. When I hear people say they didn't "get" Seinfeld and didn't like I just gotta SM damn H.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I had the unique experience of getting soup from the real soup nazi.....he wasn’t in a store/shop.......it was in a kitchen built into a wall with an awning......it was kind of funny as you waited with other people and he says “x soup and y soup” in broken, difficult to understand English (well, neither of us could understand it) and I said to my girlfriend “is that ours?” She said “i don’t know”.....and he did have a disgruntled look on his face and since no one else stepped up I said “yes, that’s mine”.....he looked pissed lol and I took it and it was ours

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I had the unique experience of getting soup from the real soup nazi.....he wasn’t in a store/shop.......it was in a kitchen built into a wall with an awning......it was kind of funny as you waited with other people and he says “x soup and y soup” in broken, difficult to understand English (well, neither of us could understand it) and I said to my girlfriend “is that ours?” She said “i don’t know”.....and he did have a disgruntled look on his face and since no one else stepped up I said “yes, that’s mine”.....he looked pissed lol and I took it and it was ours

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
I always wondered if the whole "Soup Nazi" thing would have gotten heat if it wasn't two Jews making the joke. You know how people get - "how can you compare not getting a bowl of soup to the horrors of concentration camps etc etc".