How important are bent over rows?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Passive Jay

Not Worthy
Oct 21, 2015
I would like to move from doing 3 sets of rep for bench press up to 5, however I do not have any more time in the morning to do so. I am thinking of dropping bent over rows to make some time. I currently do bench press, bent over rows, squats, and curls on that day.

What do you guys think?

Passive Jay

Not Worthy
Oct 21, 2015
currently I do overhead press, deadlift, and triceps one day, bench press, bent over row, squats, and curls on day two. cardio on day three then repeat.

I guess i could move curls to day one instead of dropping bent over rows.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
I like to change the split every couple of months, and replace exercises that my body's learned with other ones just to keep the growth going. Bent over rows is a nice compound, I wouldn't lose it, but those are 3 BIG movements you do on that day...

Passive Jay

Not Worthy
Oct 21, 2015
I like to change the split every couple of months, and replace exercises that my body's learned with other ones just to keep the growth going. Bent over rows is a nice compound, I wouldn't lose it, but those are 3 BIG movements you do on that day...
yeah, couple big lifts each day. I am not sure if there is a better way to split it up or not?

Passive Jay

Not Worthy
Oct 21, 2015
ok, unless you guys think its not a good routine I will try seated overhead press, hexbar deadlift, one arm dumbbell tricep extension, and curls on day one. Bench press, bent over rows, and Bulgarian split squats on day two, and stationary bike for 45-55 minutes followed by pull ups on day 3.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
Pull-ups/chin-ups/whatever-ups are my go-to to burn out my back. Honestly, Pitbull is probably the man you want advice from. I'd wait for his analysis.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
Let me get this right PJ, your first inclination was to drop bent over rows over curls. '

Bro? drop the fucking curls, bent over rows have a bonus prize, they will blow up your biceps.

Oh and drop the cardio, youre skinny AF cuz.

Passive Jay

Not Worthy
Oct 21, 2015
Let me get this right PJ, your first inclination was to drop bent over rows over curls. '

Bro? drop the fucking curls, bent over rows have a bonus prize, they will blow up your biceps.

Oh and drop the cardio, youre skinny AF cuz.
I was considering dropping bent over rows because I am not sure i am getting much out of them. I have very weak forearms and tendentious issues so i never feel like I am getting much of a workout from them as it always feels like my arms give out on me without giving my back much of a workout. However after the advice you guys have given me I am just going to move curls to another day rather than drop the rows.

And I do cardio for over all fitness and heart health!

that was the video I used to learn the form. After watching it again I think maybe I need to lean forward more as it said my forearms should not be coming into play.
As I said bud...No Idea...by the time I come home it either ain't needed or I'm just lazy. :D

Best of luck with it all bud.