Sports How in the hell...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

I'd have to know the fish species. My first assumption was that it was an alligator gar (which swims on top of the water at all times), but it's not.

Gotta be another top-water fish.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
That has to be fake, or take 1,000,000
I asked a friend that fishes a lot and he said the trick is to aim for a school of fish. So this is still amazing since you have to aim for a shadow in that huge open area, but apparently you don't target one fish. Still amazing to me.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I was being sincere. I've long been fascinated by alligator gar and I've always considered them to be one of our most misunderstood freshwater fish species.

Alligator Gar are the Cyber bullies of the lake world. Of course you are fascinated with them.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
he just shot into a school and snagged the beauty eh?
pretty epic stuff...that was a lot of line

wonder how many fall off when he is pulling them up the wall?

also wondering if that is good eating, looked plump

shot asian carp in the canals here...I didn't eat it but gave it to a homeless dude and they were gonna cook it over open fire...those asian carp took over the waterways here, giant bastards who eat all the other fish when they are babies

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I asked a friend that fishes a lot and he said the trick is to aim for a school of fish. So this is still amazing since you have to aim for a shadow in that huge open area, but apparently you don't target one fish. Still amazing to me.
it's more likely that a bunch of fish school up in that area because of temperature or current.
It's shooting fish in a big barrel far away.

The way he pulled it back as soon as it splashed, he was probably dragging for fish and just happened to blow through one.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
he just shot into a school and snagged the beauty eh?
pretty epic stuff...that was a lot of line

wonder how many fall off when he is pulling them up the wall?

also wondering if that is good eating, looked plump

shot asian carp in the canals here...I didn't eat it but gave it to a homeless dude and they were gonna cook it over open fire...those asian carp took over the waterways here, giant bastards who eat all the other fish when they are babies
they're bastards. And it's hard to get people to eat them because they're so bony, and Americans expect their fish to being served de-boned.
In Asian cultures, de-boned fish are toddler food, grown-ups pick out their own bones.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
they're bastards. And it's hard to get people to eat them because they're so bony, and Americans expect their fish to being served de-boned.
In Asian cultures, de-boned fish are toddler food, grown-ups pick out their own bones.
What species was it?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
What species was it?
no idea. They're all over the Mississippi River Basin, and everybody back home fishes. It's a good-tasting fish, but when you fillet it there's a shitload of 'wishbones' all over the flesh.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
no idea. They're all over the Mississippi River Basin, and everybody back home fishes. It's a good-tasting fish, but when you fillet it there's a shitload of 'wishbones' all over the flesh.
Bpnes don't scurr me

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
me either. I eat a lot of traditional Asian cuisine, and I love fish.
Yum, love asian cuisine...but I have to pay for it
5 rockfish a day bag limit during season here on Oregon coast
amazing tasting fish but a decent about of bones and you are almost certain to have a couple in your meat even if you are good at picking them out
Great source of food and I am happy they are so plentiful here

I just cook em pretty basic with citrus salt pepper garlic

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Yum, love asian cuisine...but I have to pay for it
5 rockfish a day bag limit during season here on Oregon coast
amazing tasting fish but a decent about of bones and you are almost certain to have a couple in your meat even if you are good at picking them out
Great source of food and I am happy they are so plentiful here

I just cook em pretty basic with citrus salt pepper garlic
when I was a kid, I could throw a line in just about any body of water and drag out a buffalo carp, but I guess they're being pushed out by the Asian carp.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
when I was a kid, I could throw a line in just about any body of water and drag out a buffalo carp, but I guess they're being pushed out by the Asian carp.
they are all over here also
asian Carp of huge size in huge numbers

not sure if we have buffalo carp...probably were eaten by the asian carp if so