Lifestyle How many languages do you speak?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Vitor29

Oct 24, 2015
I took high school French but I can't even remember how to type this sentence in it so obviously I'll need the lesson.

From memory:

J'etudiant francais en l'ecole mais je ne peut pas remembre escribe il sentence en francais obviement je voudrais le instruction.
Tabernac?

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
I took high school French but I can't even remember how to type this sentence in it so obviously I'll need the lesson.

From memory:

J'etudiant francais en l'ecole mais je ne peut pas remembre escribe il sentence en francais obviement je voudrais le instruction.
FUnny I posted before seeing yours.
My "1/3rd" is French lol.

I literally have a diary I kept in French. I look at it from time to time and realize I can't read the shit I wrote!!!!
I bet I have some Kavanaugh-type stories written in there but... Merde! Je ne me souviens de rien!
I need a fucking translator now.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
2 fluently(English,Spanish) and 3 half assed(Portuguese,French,Italian), I could probably get better at Portuguese in a short amount of time if I actually started studying it again.
According to folk knowledge if you know spanish you know portuguese.

But even then I seriously doubt you murricans speak spanish.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
According to folk knowledge if you know spanish you know portuguese.

But even then I seriously doubt you murricans speak spanish.
Spanish was my first language English second. knowing spanish is actually why I said it is easy for me to learn Portuguese I used to study it.

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
I speak English and Portuguese, as I spoke at home growing up and still speak it to my parents...I learnt French at university many years ago and would be quite rusty with it now. I also speak very, very basic Spanish and German and am currently learning Indonesian on Duolingo.

I made a thread ages ago suggesting that we make a little initiative where we talk to each other in different languages (like a subforum for example) and/or exchange skype/whatsapp/other app details so we can help other with languages, but noone seemed to be keen.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I speak English and Portuguese, as I spoke at home growing up and still speak it to my parents...I learnt French at university many years ago and would be quite rusty with it now. I also speak very, very basic Spanish and German and am currently learning Indonesian on Duolingo.

I made a thread ages ago suggesting that we make a little initiative where we talk to each other in different languages (like a subforum for example) and/or exchange skype/whatsapp/other app details so we can help other with languages, but noone seemed to be keen.
That's a great idea.

Also, thoughts on McKenzie Dern?

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Fluently:

Dutch
English
German
Moroccan (tamazight/rifian)

Understand a bit of Darija arabic (moroccan arabic dialect), can't really have a deep convo though, and a pinch of turkish but only if my life depended on it.

Belgian flemish is pretty much dutch dialect.
South african, Afrikaans is a bit harder, it's a daughter language of dutch, but simplified their grammer over the years and has a bit of loan words from other african languages, i've been to south africa and i have had no problem talking to and understanding people who spoke afrikaans.

I do want to learn some spanish and portuguese, i don't really have the time maybe in the future.

Last edited:

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
Fluently:

Afrikaans is a bit harder, it's a daughter language of dutch, but simplified their grammer over the years and has a bit of loan words from other african languages, i've been to south africa and i have had no problem talking to and understanding people who spoke afrikaans.
I tried learning Dutch on Duolingo since my gf is South African and Afrikaans is her second language. Picked up a few things but decided to stop learning since she rarely ever speak it (only with her folks sometimes).

The only words I need to know is “buy-a-donkey” (actually spelt - I believe - ‘baie dankie’)

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I tried learning Dutch on Duolingo since my gf is South African and Afrikaans is her second language. Picked up a few things but decided to stop learning since she rarely ever speak it (only with her folks sometimes).

The only words I need to know is “buy-a-donkey” (actually spelt - I believe - ‘baie dankie’)

Lol hahahah buy-a-donkey is spot on in afrikaans,