General How many times have you been to court?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I lived 2 minutes walk from the bar I was in, when I left jail the next morning I didn't get charges or paperwork so I just left. Fuckers stole my hat. My favourite one.

Luckily I managed to find another one

crowbar

First 200
Jan 27, 2015
I lived 2 minutes walk from the bar I was in, when I left jail the next morning I didn't get charges or paperwork so I just left. Fuckers stole my hat. My favourite one.

Luckily I managed to find another one
LA County jail was fucking notorious with the trustee's ripping off people getting released.I was lucky & came home with my Oakley sunglasses.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
LA County jail was fucking notorious with the trustee's ripping off people getting released.I was lucky & came home with my Oakley sunglasses.
I was in the drunk tank in Santa Barbara. I told some stinky barefoot Mexican to get his feet away from me. They chucked me back onto the streets about 3am, I was worried I was gonna get some county clothes

crowbar

First 200
Jan 27, 2015
I was in the drunk tank in Santa Barbara. I told some stinky barefoot Mexican to get his feet away from me. They chucked me back onto the streets about 3am, I was worried I was gonna get some county clothes
I got arrested without a shirt on in Orange County.When I got released,they gave me a blue shirt made out of paper.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I don't know, maybe 50 or so.
Most all when I was younger, I was "troubley".
When looking back at looking at stats I'm in that "4%" category of certain people who did this or that and turned around.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I don't know, maybe 50 or so.
Most all when I was younger, I was "troubley".
When looking back at looking at stats I'm in that "4%" category of certain people who did this or that and turned around.
50‽ Did you grow up in Baltimore or something?

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
If I did I'd probably be dead.
My buddy grew up in Saint Ann's. It's like an episode of the wire but in Nottingham. I grew up in a heron town for white people. It's very funny in our job, most of the other guys went to university etc and grew up in nice places.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
My friend, from Kenya (but moved to UK aged 6) I stereotyped her and thought she was just a thug from London. Turns out she grew up in Chigwell and to private school, has a law degree, a business degree, runs 2 business and a charity. I heard her say the word cunt frugally and that's how I met her. Now she's one of my best friends, I'll ask her later how many times the coppers got her.

ManDingo

Your Mother’s Lover
Dec 10, 2021
My friend, from Kenya (but moved to UK aged 6) I stereotyped her and thought she was just a thug from London. Turns out she grew up in Chigwell and to private school, has a law degree, a business degree, runs 2 business and a charity. I heard her say the word cunt frugally and that's how I met her. Now she's one of my best friends, I'll ask her later how many times the coppers got her.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
4 times,1 time was for jury duty. I used to go to court because judges used get rid of traffic tickets if people show up to court it was very easy to do it back then now we have a lot of stupid bureaucracy in place post covid era.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
4 points in a year or 6 points in two years & you go down in Cali.
Damn I never had points for more than one ticket I usually did traffic school and I dont drive crazy so I barely get tickets I have 3 tickets in 19 years of licensed driving. Actually might be 4 tickets one was a fix it ticket for a broken windshield cop was a dick for that one.

crowbar

First 200
Jan 27, 2015
Damn I never had points for more than one ticket I usually did traffic school and I dont drive crazy so I barely get tickets I have 3 tickets in 19 years of licensed driving. Actually might be 4 tickets one was a fix it ticket for a broken windshield cop was a dick for that one.
I got a fix it ticket for having a trailer ball.

1660424001328.png

steroid to heaven

Colonize the Sun
Dec 23, 2015
got a red light camera ticket in 2000
didnt even knew they existed in my city
shouldnt have blown a turn arrow at 3am, only car on road!
ps: it was a freeway onramp i knew well from the previous decades
never had a camera then...

$500 fine mailed to me with my picture

so i got a book and researched my case

the cameras were illegal, for several reasons, in fact they got taken away for this long after my case
got the transcript from the case that beat the cameras
i still dont know shit about being a lawyer or even how to behave in court
i wasnt aware that wearing a t shirt is seen as disrespecting the court
1st judge i saw i was asking for a delay in trial date, goal being to push it back to a date after they become officially illegal
i am going into too much detai
judge had just been cool as hell to a black guy who missed a trial date due to incarceration
same judge basically told me to f myself, date stands

eventually i had my real court date
they asked me if it would be ok to do my trial in a small back room with just a few people in it
i did it that way
long story short all the prep i did was for nothing. somehow they had 2 folders of evidence to use on me. judge kept saying "oh no this is not right"
cop prosecuting me said "move to dismiss"
if i knew shit about lawyering i woulda said it
they asked if it was ok with me to dismiss the case
of course i said yes

over, i won

as prepared as i was i think my total lack of court knowledge woulda gotten me toasted by that cop

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Twice. Once I showed up to contest a speeding ticket, but the cop didn’t show up, so it was dismissed. Second, I witnessed an accident and was subpoenaed to be a witness, they asked me a couple questions and that was it.