General How many unread emails do you have?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
This random guy on Twitter has over 5,000 unread emails. Seems like a smart fella, but he clearly has problems staying organized. Or maybe he just doesn't care? If I saw a number like that staring at me every time I looked at the screen I'd go mad. I see this all the time with old people. 10k+ unread emails.

I try my best to keep that number at exactly zero. How many you got?

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I have very few unread.
One thing I have noticed is, people who tend to get fired from my place of employment tend to have a FUCK ton of unread emails.

I just finished deleting 5,000 unread emails and it still says 99+

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
On my main account? 0.

On the Yahoo mail account I use to sign up for websites etc? 1,210.

EDIT: Seeing what others are posting, it appears that 1,210 comes under the heading of "rookie numbers."

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
This random guy on Twitter has over 5,000 unread emails. Seems like a smart fella, but he clearly has problems staying organized. Or maybe he just doesn't care? If I saw a number like that staring at me every time I looked at the screen I'd go mad. I see this all the time with old people. 10k+ unread emails.

I try my best to keep that number at exactly zero. How many you got?

I just finished deleting 5,000 unread emails and it still says 99+
You're all getting fired

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
99+

Bit it is actually a cause of global warming believe it or not.

Who is at fault? The people who send spam quicker than can be deleted or the person who has to put by a couple of hours a week to delete.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
99+

Bit it is actually a cause of global warming believe it or not.

Who is at fault? The people who send spam quicker than can be deleted or the person who has to put by a couple of hours a week to delete.
Always take advantage of the unsubscribe feature. I think these people with 5k+ aren't aware it exists.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
Always take advantage of the unsubscribe feature. I think these people with 5k+ aren't aware it exists.
it’s the spam. And also the Amazon stuff.

i unsubscribe a lot. My work emails are cleaner than Olivia Newton johns fanny but my gmail is more like Hope Solos.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
0 unread work
0 personal

Long ago I got in the habit of moving things off my plate as soon as possible. This was as much about having disdain for having a “to do” list as it was any sort of strategic choice. I will reply/forward/delete/file immediately upon reading or right away after taking any follow-up actions. This allows me to operate very efficiently and I never feel behind.

Last edited:

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
0 unread work
0 personal

Long ago I got in the habit of moving things off my plate as soon as possible. This was as much about having disdain for having a “to do” list as much as it was about any sort of strategic choice. I will reply/forward/delete/file immediately upon reading or right away after taking any follow-up actions. This allows me to operate very efficiently and I never feel behind.

Your either a robot or not that busy.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Your either a robot or not that busy.
I must be a cyborg then because I’m busy AF. A lot of time management methods would argue against my approach and instead recommend designating certain times a day to read/reply to emails. I will regularly read emails immediately as they come in. If it is a quick reply or fix I’ll stop what I’m doing to deal with the new item then get back to what I’m working on. If the email will require more consideration or action, I will get back to what I was working on for the time being but get right on the email at the first opportunity. All businesses and work emails are different though so what works for me may not work for others.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
I must be a cyborg then because I’m busy AF. A lot of time management methods would argue against my method and instead recommend designating certain times a day to read/reply to emails. I will regularly read emails immediately as they come in. If it is a quick reply or fix I’ll stop what I’m doing to deal with the new item then get back to what I’m working on. If the email will require more consideration or action, I will get back to what I was working on for the time being but get right on the email at the first opportunity. All businesses and work emails are different through so what works for me may not work for others.

I respond to emails that are important.

One's that mean money to me. Friend emails, family emails are always replied to. But fuck me. The shit emails I just put them on the long finger. Never to be opened. I have thousands.

If I don't respond and there is no follow up just sit in a Norwegian vault. Fuck your pixels Groupon.

I've tried and am an tired of unsubscribibg

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I must be a cyborg then because I’m busy AF. A lot of time management methods would argue against my approach and instead recommend designating certain times a day to read/reply to emails. I will regularly read emails immediately as they come in. If it is a quick reply or fix I’ll stop what I’m doing to deal with the new item then get back to what I’m working on. If the email will require more consideration or action, I will get back to what I was working on for the time being but get right on the email at the first opportunity. All businesses and work emails are different though so what works for me may not work for others.
A man with a plan. I like it.

I must delete 25 emails a day right from the notification on my phone. Don't even need to read it. Just dump it and move on.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
A man with a plan. I like it.

I must delete 25 emails a day right from the notification on my phone. Don't even need to read it. Just dump it and move on.

Here's one for you.

A man a plan a canal Panama

Its the longest palindrome I know.

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
0. I'm a clean freak. One of those Inbox Zero motherfuckers.

That said, I regularly have 10-20 unread work emails everyday during the peak season (July - September). I'm just way too fucking busy and exhausted to check and reply immediately to all the work emails I get in that time of year.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
0 at work, probably thousands over all of my personal mail accs. Some I never look into at all, others are more important.

Why should I clean the trash from a mailbox I created to be a trashcan?

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
20210224_094121.jpg

Work email.
Pretty hard to keep up. Get about 150 emails a day. Half are garbage.