General How much of a problem in society is conspiracy garbage? Huge, or not a big deal?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Nov 21, 2015
Those pics are from the opening of a huge tunnel for trains. It has nothing to do with CERN other than it is both in Switzerland.

You've been had by fake news / propaganda.

Now granted, CERN kinda trolls conspiracy theorists with the Shiva statue etc. One could argue if they should do that but it is what it is.

As for the tunnel stuff yeah it's weird, but apparently it's supposed to be a theatrical adaptation of a Swiss legend about making a deal with the devil to cross a mountain range, where they tricked the devil with a goat, and a cross in the end.
It's about the Teufelsbrücke and Teufelsstein (devil's bridge and devil's rock)
That makes much more sense. Thats why I didnt wanna believe it. The researchers.
seem like normal people to me. I've been fortunate enough to meet Briane Greene,
Neil Tyson, Alan Guth, Lawrence Krause and at the time a lady (her name escapes me)
who was heading up one of the projects at CERN. She gave a great presentation at one
of the Astronomy on Tap events.

Some cool events by the way if you are into Cosmology/Astronomy

Thats why when I saw the CERN story on BBC I immediately thought
"Ok this is fucking weird. Why is Baphomet there? What the fuck is this?"

I wasn't aware of anything about Teufelsstein bridge. I didn't pursue it any further
other then filing it in my "weird as fuck folder". I don't typically look into things like
that other then making a mental note.

"CERN kinda trolls conspiracy theorists"

Now that I really don't like. Isn't CERN supported by several countries tax dollars?

Why do they get to waste our money trolling people like children?

Anyway I found this from a Switzerland source which sheds more light
onto the hoax. They are blaming the hoax on American media.

2021-07-22_8-58-38.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2015
hmm, yeah , i went back. youre right. i was wrong.

i do believe that someone that fell for those fake cern photos is a CTard. that wasnt you
No idea what a CTard is. However I have very little patience
for persons that can't have discourse without throwing around
ad hominem attacks.

Ignored and good day

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Baphomet is a favorite of CERN conspiracy circles.

I don't even like going down that road because I have met through my sister at Berkley
and "Astronomy on Tap" events (basically astrophysicists/researchers meet at a bar and
give presentations with everyone drunk. Its a ton of fun)

They are regular down to earth people.

Then you see the opening ceremony of CERN which features Baphomet
and all kinds of crazy shit and I'm just like... "Ok what the fuck is this??"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNT1A_hESds

What the actual fuck is going on here?...and moreover what the fuck does this have to do with opening a science research facility?

View attachment 41804

View attachment 41805

View attachment 41806

View attachment 41807
Seems Normal

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Interesting read

10 scientific hoaxes that rocked the world

"After noticing a slight wobble in the machine, a skeptical mechanical engineer named Robert Fulton challenged Redheffer, claiming that he could find the mechanism keeping the machine in motion.

And he did just that. It turns out that the machine's source of unstoppable energy was an old man in an attic, turning the crank while munching on a piece of bread."

Lmao

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
That makes much more sense. Thats why I didnt wanna believe it. The researchers.
seem like normal people to me. I've been fortunate enough to meet Briane Greene,
Neil Tyson, Alan Guth, Lawrence Krause and at the time a lady (her name escapes me)
who was heading up one of the projects at CERN. She gave a great presentation at one
of the Astronomy on Tap events.

Some cool events by the way if you are into Cosmology/Astronomy

Thats why when I saw the CERN story on BBC I immediately thought
"Ok this is fucking weird. Why is Baphomet there? What the fuck is this?"

I wasn't aware of anything about Teufelsstein bridge. I didn't pursue it any further
other then filing it in my "weird as fuck folder". I don't typically look into things like
that other then making a mental note.

"CERN kinda trolls conspiracy theorists"

Now that I really don't like. Isn't CERN supported by several countries tax dollars?

Why do they get to waste our money trolling people like children?

Anyway I found this from a Switzerland source which sheds more light
onto the hoax. They are blaming the hoax on American media.

View attachment 41863
Did the BBC report wrongly on it?

In any case, it only takes one asshat to twist the truth into something sensationalist that fits an agenda, and next you know you have 500 "sources" and 10 youtube videos ranting about it, and the effect Splinty @Splinty described may kick in.

The astronomy on tap site gave my browser the bad aids. But yeah it's interesting.
You've met some awesome peepz.

Rambo John J @Freedom
What is there to disagree with?

Nov 21, 2015
Did the BBC report wrongly on it?

In any case, it only takes one asshat to twist the truth into something sensationalist that fits an agenda, and next you know you have 500 "sources" and 10 youtube videos ranting about it, and the effect Splinty @Splinty described may kick in.

The astronomy on tap site gave my browser the bad aids. But yeah it's interesting.
You've met some awesome peepz.

Rambo John J @Freedom
What is there to disagree with?
LOL Made me spit up my orangejuice with "Tha bad aids".

You'd think rocket scientists could build a decent website

The BBC could have even been a fake logo. I just remember seeing the Logo in the video