General How Prepared Are You?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
For some kind of emergency situation like the power going down for a few days to flesh eating zombies. How much food and emergency supplies do you have on hand usually and how long will you last before you have to hit the road looking for things to help you survive?

I say maybe a week. I usually go grocery and top up shopping once a week. I think if things got really bad I could survive a month. Then I will have to totally road warrior it because I will run out of food and water.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
I'm very prepared -- but that is because I've been a prepper for 20+ years.

Many can be prepared for a time, but eventually their supplies will start dwindling ...after 2 weeks its do or die as humans go full barbarian mode trying to survive --

1 month the numbers start to dwindle

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Good to know.

You're the first person I shall Rob.
u got a boat?

honestly Oregon winter is too fucking cold to weather in the woods....shelter/big houses in the hills would be fought over for sure

I have food and water....but I'm at the converge of two rivers and this area would be popular for that alone

u got a boat?

honestly Oregon winter is too fucking cold to weather in the woods....shelter/big houses in the hills would be fought over for sure

I have food and water....but I'm at the converge of two rivers and this area would be popular for that alone

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
Do you peeps have any outdoorsman skills? Guns, knives, cross bow, can you start a fire rubbing sticks together?

That would be my biggest weakness. Never fired a gun, have no gun, I don't go camping, never hunted, my knife collection involves a fish filet knife and a henkles chef knife. Things would get real rocky there because if the grid ever goes off I'm surviving on plants and have no self defense.

I have good plant foraging knowledge though. Super skill to have actually because hunting is time consuming and unpredictable. However no way to protect my prep against looters or defend against zombies. I would give myself 1 month on my prep then 1 additional month on the road. 2 months then I join the dead.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Hours.
It'll take me hours to prepare, maybe a day.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Do you peeps have any outdoorsman skills? Guns, knives, cross bow, can you start a fire rubbing sticks together
You don't seem to want to accept the fact that you're dealing with an expert in guerrilla warfare, with a man who's the best.
With guns, with knives, with his bare hands.
A man who's been trained to ignore pain. To ignore weather, to live off the land.
To eat things that would make a billy goat puke.
to kill, period! Win by attrition... well I'm the best, PERIOD.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
if the dirt isn't damaged I actually know how to plant vegetables and peppers ,I can also fish really well.

I am probably going to be outgunned. I will probably only have a sig p226 mk25 on me,a hatchet and a machete.

the only thing that worries me in a dystopian society is that if I have a serious medical problem it will probably kill me, medical problems would be at the top of my list in a dystopian situation.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Currently I'm fucked. The world is 10 meals from anarchy and I'm probably 12-15 at best.
Moving soon and will be more appropriately prepared for natural disasters...errrr, zombie apocalypse.

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
Fuck I’d give myself a day lol. I can live on pasta and beans, and have done so even just to show myself that I can, but I’m an urban man - I can’t hunt, fend for myself or do any of that kinda shit

madmav

Posting Machine
Jan 29, 2016
depends on the situation.. plus having small children i would be inclined to hole up and wait out the initial wave of strife.. best bet is to form a militia with the neighbors and fortify the area

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I would have to eat the dog in the OP withing 12 minutes of the Apocalypse starting

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I have a bugout bag packed and ready, and I know where I'd go.
In my bag is enough food for a week, but I could live off the land for the rest of my life providing plant life and animals survived the catastrophe. My recreational hobbies would serve me well in such a scenario.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I have a bugout bag packed and ready, and I know where I'd go.
In my bag is enough food for a week, but I could live off the land for the rest of my life providing plant life and animals survived the catastrophe. My recreational hobbies would serve me well in such a scenario.
You plan to beat off in the woods forever?