How rare is this sequence of positioning?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 603

It's not rare individually (individual move sets), however how he tied it all together is extremely impressive.

He looked like he went from a technical front headlock/guillotine defense to posting his foot on his opponent's hips to essentially stand on him. He then transitioned into attacking a guillotine of his own, when his opponent postured up, he transitioned into holding his opponent's neck for an arm triangle. His movement from the front of his opponent to his back was a drill called the Scarecrow drill (one opponent stands and holds his partner, his partner transitions around him front to back as many times as he can without his feet touching the ground...... If I recall correctly, you can see it on season 2 of TUF.... I believe Mike Whitehead and Joe Stevenson were doing it in a challenge).

Once the guy got to the back and secured position, he worked for the RNC...... Again really sick how that guy pulled it all together.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
It's not rare individually (individual move sets), however how he tied it all together is extremely impressive.

He looked like he went from a technical front headlock/guillotine defense to posting his foot on his opponent's hips to essentially stand on him. He then transitioned into attacking a guillotine of his own, when his opponent postured up, he transitioned into holding his opponent's neck for an arm triangle. His movement from the front of his opponent to his back was a drill called the Scarecrow drill (one opponent stands and holds his partner, his partner transitions around him front to back as many times as he can without his feet touching the ground...... If I recall correctly, you can see it on season 2 of TUF.... I believe Mike Whitehead and Joe Stevenson were doing it in a challenge).

Once the guy got to the back and secured position, he worked for the RNC...... Again really sick how that guy pulled it all together.
I call it the reverse backpack