How the Click Economy works

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
That was pretty fascinating. Been thinking about promoting through FB. This will make me think harder.
it's not terrible, but it rarely translates into $$$. We boosted posts when we wanted people to know about promotions, and it helps keep your name on people's tongues, as well as brand recognition.

However, I wouldn't advise it as a sole method of advertisement. A business Facebook page to me is more or less an illusion for the customer to make your company look legit and that other people are flocking to your product, when they may or may not be.

You sort of need a fb page to be taken seriously. I'm still blown away by a pizza restaurant that we order from that doesn't have a webpage where you can view their menu. It doesn't change the product, but it definitely changes the publics perception
Facebook likes "used to" be valuable. It was at one time like having a Facebook "subscriber". You could message every "liker" of your business page. But since they started limiting reach of your posts.... well, see 4:33 of the video to expklain the rest and the effect of it.

Better yet, don't ever pay ads for "likes".... Instead, pay for website visits, with your goal being "Website Conversions" (like a newsletter optin or ebook download).

Boosted posts are not bad either, but the ROI is less than what you'd get with the above "Conversions" advertising.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
This report just came out recently and is gaining a lot of street cred as one of the most informative around. If you want to know the A-Z of our world of corporate surveillance in the click economy, this is a solid primer based on the people pimping it and some of the sources they cite. I'm getting ready to dig into it this week. You can download the pdf for free or buy it if you like.

Networks of Control: PDF Download