How the fuck did Jones outwrestle Cormier?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
I think Anthony would have faired much better if he had better cardio. The minute he started huffing and puffing I knew it was over like his WW days. He gave up his neck on purpose hoping DC would take it as an out. He was out of gas.

Jones uses his widthspan leverage really well.
He was a tad too aggressive IMO, very liberal with kicks especially. So he was bound to get taken down multiple times, and on the ground DC will always make him tired no matter how much cardio AJ has.

In the last round, I was flabbergasted when AJ tried to take DC down. When he had DC's back and all that, he should have backed the fuck off. But he must have been soooo tired he wanted to lean against DC to rest as much as possible. And from there DC easily reversed position and got AJ back up against the fence, then smothered him and got the choke.

It was a pretty badass fight, like they all were.

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
He made Cormier carry his weight in the clinch.
Now we're getting somewhere. I do understand that Jones uses his leverage and all, but that's like saying he outwrestled Cormier. The question is how, in terms of technique.

I've never wrestled, so this stuff is pretty esoteric to me. I take it you can't easily make someone carry your weight in the clinch...if you get too top heavy, a guy like DC will lift you off your feet pretty easy. So how does he lean down on him while keeping a good base?

Have to watch this fight again.

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
Excuse me but I am an Internet lawyer with an online law degree from University of Phoenix (60k) ... So I think I know what I'm talking about
THEE University of Phoenix? How did you even get admitted? Your family must have connections. Must be nice...