How to measure the strength of a gripper?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Stickgrappler

Apr 17, 2015
I bought 2 grippers ages ago from Modell's, a local sports-retail chain.

I don't recall the levels of them. I have a blue one and a black one. I also have a Captains of Crush - level 0 or the easiest one, whatever CoC's designation is.

I know that my blue gripper is a little easier than my CoC and the black one is harder than the CoC.

Is there some way to actually measure these grippers? I may or may not have the resources to do it, but am curious.

Thank you in advance.

edit: the easiest CoC is listed as:

"No. 1401 Captains of Crush Guide - c. 60 lb. (Novice, rehab)"

Last edited:

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Bolt it to the edge of a work bench by one grip, with the other above it. Or put it in a strong vice.

../
/
------

Tie a rope to the top grip and hang a fish/spring scale off it. Pull down until the gripper starts to close. Take reading

Stickgrappler

Apr 17, 2015
My CoC is marked with a "T" on the bottom, therefore it's the Trainer. At the time I recalled only 4 models, Trainer and #1-#3

Now there's 11!

This is the one i have and not the one i originally thought: "No. 1401 Captains of Crush Guide - c. 60 lb. (Novice, rehab)"

Last edited:

Passive Jay

Not Worthy
Oct 21, 2015
I have been working my way up the CoC line, I started on .5 and am currently on 2, which I think is 195lbs. I do 3 sets of 20 on each side alternating back and forth 3 times a week.

M

member 1013

It's simple OP. Put it in a 2 ton hydraulic press and see when it snaps.

Hope this is helpful.