How tough is Barboza?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
What a chin on that dude. Probably too tough for his own good but you can't count him out of any fight. He can be completely battered & exhausted and still throw explosive, hard shots. Have a ton of respect for him. Hope he doesn't fight again until the end of the year or next spring though...he needs to give his brain some time off.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
It's so clear to the viewer.
These guys CAN NOT let these wrasslers get them within 8' of that fence, PERIOD.
It is DEATH.
Barboza needs a new camp, and yes, some time off.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
It's so clear to the viewer.
These guys CAN NOT let these wrasslers get them within 8' of that fence, PERIOD.
It is DEATH.
Barboza needs a new camp, and yes, some time off.
Completely agree with this. Almost like a Chuck with Hackleman. Things need to move on and he's not getting any younger.

If it doesn't work out then fine, but at least give it a go.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Barboza is tough as hell but the book has long been out on him: he can't stand being pressured and backed up, and he doesn't have the punching power to keep guys off of him. If you want to stand at kicking range, he's the most dangerous guy in the division. If you pressure him, he fades fast.

It's amazing, he can generate so much speed and torque on those kicks, but seemingly can't bust a grape with a punch.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Needs to be in a room with elite wrestlers.. once ppl start pressuring with wrestling it negates his striking

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
He was clearly winning the fight. Bullshit stoppage was bullshit. But, not nearly as bullshit as the Simon "TKO". That was easily top 5 worst bullshit I have ever seen in mma.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
He was clearly winning the fight. Bullshit stoppage was bullshit. But, not nearly as bullshit as the Simon "TKO". That was easily top 5 worst bullshit I have ever seen in mma.
U been on meth?

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I don’t by any means know my shit mma wise compared to dozens of people here but what the fuck fight were you watching where he was winning anything?