General Hummer EV - 1000hp, 350 miles, 0-60 3 seconds

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Me when I scrolled down to see the venerable clownshoe:

If my quads would allow it, I'd own that car and a 1M as bookends of an homage to "we just pieced some shit together into perfection". Sadly, the quads don't fit those cars.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
If my quads would allow it, I'd own that car and a 1M as bookends of an homage to "we just pieced some shit together into perfection". Sadly, the quads don't fit those cars.
Not on the open forum with this horseshit! You know how many members will not respect you anymore? Edit your post and I will edit this post. Deal?

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
First gen TSi/GSX with a giant turbo or go fuck yourself.
unnamed.jpg

I will have another FBO TBSS AWD one day as well, that giant suv shits all over most of the cars in this thread. Thing was a beast.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Now you got my brain going. This thread is "cars Splinty @Splinty will put in his future 'only cars under 30k but they are still really' collection".

View attachment 18120

Starion. Another DSM joint venture (cousin Conquest).
As usual mitsu got the better looks.
Do you feel like a hard klingon warrior driving those Mitsubishis?

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
It takes me about 3 minutes to fill up my truck and get another 400 miles.

How long do the electrics take to charge? Every journey out isn't a round trip ending in your garage.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
It takes me about 3 minutes to fill up my truck and get another 400 miles.

How long do the electrics take to charge? Every journey out isn't a round trip ending in your garage.
This is currently our big thing. We regularly travel out of state and the range and charging just isn't there yet for that. Hopefully it will be soon though. I'd love an electric vehicle for towing

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
This is currently our big thing. We regularly travel out of state and the range and charging just isn't there yet for that. Hopefully it will be soon though. I'd love an electric vehicle for towing
Even if there was a charging station - how long does it take?

It's an honest question as I have no idea. My battery charge knowledge is limited to my Dewalt tools. Although I do now have a battery leaf blower and weed eater - both of which I'm very happy with - but I I have 1 battery charging while I'm using another, so if I run out I just switch them. Can't do that with a car.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Even if there was a charging station - how long does it take?

It's an honest question as I have no idea. My battery charge knowledge is limited to my Dewalt tools. Although I do now have a battery leaf blower and weed eater - both of which I'm very happy with - but I I have 1 battery charging while I'm using another, so if I run out I just switch them. Can't do that with a car.
Agreed. I think some do a quick charge in 30 min, which isn't terrible if you stop to eat and use the bathroom, but I'm not doing that every 300-400 miles, and less when dragging our boat along with us.

I have a battery hedge trimmer, leaf blower, weed eater, and mower. I love them, but like you we have multiple batteries always charging that are easily swapped out.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Agreed. I think some do a quick charge in 30 min, which isn't terrible if you stop to eat and use the bathroom, but I'm not doing that every 300-400 miles, and less when dragging our boat along with us.

I have a battery hedge trimmer, leaf blower, weed eater, and mower. I love them, but like you we have multiple batteries always charging that are easily swapped out.
30 minutes? Fuck that shit.
I ain't sitting around in some podunk town in Mississippi while I wait for my vehicle to charge.

I drive by a Walmart that has a bunch of charging stations in them. I have yet to see anyone use them. By the time electric cars are commonplace, those chargers will probably be obsolete and need replaced.

Moronic waste of money in which they probably got a giant tax break for.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
30 minutes? Fuck that shit.
I ain't sitting around in some podunk town in Mississippi while I wait for my vehicle to charge.

I drive by a Walmart that has a bunch of charging stations in them. I have yet to see anyone using them. By the time electric cars are commonplace, those chargers will probably be obsolete and need replaced.

Moronic waste of money in which they probably got a giant tax break for.
30 min and I don't believe it's even a full charge. We have a charging station at a Walgreens near our house. I see a Nissan Leaf use it on occasion.

Mississippi, fuck that place.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I see a Nissan Leaf use it on occasion.
LOL at naming a vehicle "Leaf". WTF?
And 100% that's some granola-eating hipster who lives around the block and she's only using the charger so people can see her saving the environment.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
LOL at naming a vehicle "Leaf". WTF?
And 100% that's some granola-eating hipster who lives around the block and she's only using the charger so people can see her saving the environment.
Probably from fucking California. We should probably start to round them up and send them back to the west coast.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Probably from fucking California. We should probably start to round them up and send them back to the west coast.
Oh they are heading your way.
Apparently they just found out how much tax they pay to live in that state.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
I'm curious to see the range while towing. Do you think they will be using the new cells discussed at battery day?
Don't know. Don't care too much. I'm 95% sure that I'm going with the tri-motor option that is rated at 500+ miles.