General Hummer EV - 1000hp, 350 miles, 0-60 3 seconds

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I leave you gents with this:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEuZG37gFdM

I have to go argue with my wife a GMC Typhoon is amazing and does not look like someone converted a boombox into an "ugly kid's truck"
As you mention the Typhoon I think to myself "As a patient, I'd feel much more confident in my physician if his 87 Grand National was parked in front of the office."

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Don't know. Don't care too much. I'm 95% sure that I'm going with the tri-motor option that is rated at 500+ miles.
Do the other 2 motors charge while driving so you never have to stop?

I used to have a radio that would work with a hand crank. Not sure why this technology can't be used by using the rotation from the wheels to charge the motor(s).

Technology better hurry up because legislation isn't waiting for them to make this feasible.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
So you can have your car put together by home Depot parts anytime elon needs to make a stock bonus deadline?

Or do we love tesla because theres always a devil in the details of claimed performance?

View attachment 18149
Funny thing is, the polymer part is probably cheaper than the tape and wood.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
So you can have your car put together by home Depot parts anytime elon needs to make a stock bonus deadline?

Or do we love tesla because theres always a devil in the details of claimed performance?

View attachment 18149
Nah it has more to do with my disdain for chevy/gm

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015

View attachment 18149
I can't afford the Taycan. But the Cybertruck will be a nice replacement for the Silverado.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I can't afford the Taycan. But the Cybertruck will be a nice replacement for the Silverado.
My bigger point is bagging on GM.
The main reason I didn't buy a Tesla in the past was how disappointed I was and reading the Tesla forums and owners talking about the low quality.These were mostly BMW and Mercedes owners who had switched to what they thought would be a comparable car based on price and marketing.
As time has gone on I see developing asterisks like Tesla's performance numbers are only good for a run and then you're doing Camry speeds.

As we go into electric vehicle manufacturing, standardizing these performance claims needs to be done.

Teslas cybertruck doesn't exist and it's yet to be seen what asterisks will come along with it.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
The main reason I didn't buy a Tesla in the past was how disappointed I was and reading the Tesla forums and owners talking about the low quality.These were mostly BMW and Mercedes owners who had switched to what they thought would be a comparable car based on price and marketing.
As time has gone on I see developing asterisks like Tesla's performance numbers are only good for a run and then you're doing Camry speeds.

As we go into electric vehicle manufacturing, standardizing these performance claims needs to be done.

Teslas cybertruck doesn't exist and it's yet to be seen what asterisks will come along with it.
Someone mentioned Rivian before and I love their platform. The fact that Ford is partnering with them is a good sign. But they haven't put any wheels on the asphalt yet so I can't commit to one of those yet. At least we know with Tesla that they're fine cars. Definitely have some problems though. If I were giving up my other two main cars for one then I'd probably feel shitty. But getting rid of a 2004 Silvarado for a Cybertruck will still be a step up.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
They make it easy.
From cheap manufacturing, to unreliability and shitty management. I'm sure the bailouts have still left a lot of consumers bitter. Also shutting down shop in Oshawa left thousands unemployed.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Powertrain and Range
PowerTorqueRange (est.)
Tesla Cybertruck800 hp (est.)1,000 lb-ft (est.)500 miles
GMC Hummer EV1,000 hp11,500 lb-ft (at axle)350 miles
Rivian R1T750 hp829 lb-ft400 miles
Bollinger B2614 hp668 lb-ft200 miles
Ford F-150450 hp (Raptor)510 lb-ft (Raptor)850 miles (Diesel)
200 mile range on the B2 is pretty shitty if I drove to like AZ or nevada I would be stranded in the middle of the desert. the power and torque on these trucks is ridiculous some 70 year old woman is going to be driving these things.