Hunt’s lawyer looking to amend UFC lawsuit with Lesnar return

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

In January 2017, Mark Hunt filed a RICO lawsuit against the UFC, company president Dana White, and Brock Lesnar. It all stemmed from UFC 200 in 2016, where Lesnar tested positive for clomiphene.

As indicated in Hunt’s complaint, the UFC allowed Lesnar to fight at UFC 200, even with the knowledge that the ex-WWE star was on the said banned substance.

Without HUNT’s knowledge or consent, the UFC conspired and caused LESNAR, a doping fighter, to fight HUNT, a clean fighter, despite the fact that LESNAR used substances banned by the UFC, USADA and WADA. The substances, Clomiphene and 4-Hydroxyclomiphene, are known ‘Post Cycle Therapy’ (‘PCT’) substances believed to be used…

Mark Hunt’s lawyer looking to amend lawsuit against UFC with return of Brock Lesnar

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
I applaud his attorney for throwing as much shit against the wall to see if any of it sticks.

I wonder why they're not going after USADA since they performed tests close to the event but didn't rush them so the results weren't ready until after the fight? Seems as though that should be standard practice. Since it isn't aren't they also at fault?

Last edited:

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017

In January 2017, Mark Hunt filed a RICO lawsuit against the UFC, company president Dana White, and Brock Lesnar. It all stemmed from UFC 200 in 2016, where Lesnar tested positive for clomiphene.

As indicated in Hunt’s complaint, the UFC allowed Lesnar to fight at UFC 200, even with the knowledge that the ex-WWE star was on the said banned substance.

Without HUNT’s knowledge or consent, the UFC conspired and caused LESNAR, a doping fighter, to fight HUNT, a clean fighter, despite the fact that LESNAR used substances banned by the UFC, USADA and WADA. The substances, Clomiphene and 4-Hydroxyclomiphene, are known ‘Post Cycle Therapy’ (‘PCT’) substances believed to be used…

Mark Hunt’s lawyer looking to amend lawsuit against UFC with return of Brock Lesnar
i dont know the details, and havent thought much about it

but everytime this pops up, its hard not to blindly side with Hunt since he's one of the coolest dudes ever

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
I applaud his attorney for throwing as much shit against the wall to see if any of it sticks.

I wonder why they're not going after USADA since they performed tests close to the event but didn't rush then so the results weren't ready until after the fight? Seems as though that should be standard practice. Since it isn't aren't they also at fault?
6 test came back before the event & he passed them all

digthisbigcrux

Dreams are free, motherfucker
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
How long untill Hunt has a gofundme because he is broke from legal expenses.
how bout u go an fuck off my comment then u peice of shit u think I need a stupid fuckwitt like u telling me about looking good who the fuck are u take your worthless advice and get the fuck out of here

Nov 21, 2015

I wonder why they're not going after USADA since they performed tests close to the event but didn't rush then so the results weren't ready until after the fight? Seems as though that should be standard practice. Since it isn't aren't they also at fault?
It amazes me how no one calls USADA on their bullshit. They are not the innocent do gooders
they claim. I'd bet they are dirty as fuck and taking pay offs. Who oversees USADA??

On top of that the fighters were not even part of the negotiations to bring USADA in.

USADA is getting filthy rich with their expensive ass tests. Then fighters have to pay out the ass to clear their names like JDS when USADA fucks up. The only people getting fucked are the fighters and per usual they will just roll over and continue taking it.

Props to Hunt for standing up to this bullshit

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
what are you getting at?

do you think Lesnar was clean leading up to the Hunt fight?
No, he failed two test
WTF are you getting that?

I responded to
I wonder why they're not going after USADA since they performed tests close to the event but didn't rush then so the results weren't ready until after the fight?
They had 6 test that came back before the fight, so they cannot go after USADA for delaying any results

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
FrankieNYC @FrankieNYC
I didn't fully read the previous post and just asked a question...you seem to think USADA is doing their job well and I asked a simple question about if you thought he was clean for the fight.

nothing complicated

They had 6 test that came back before the fight, so they cannot go after USADA for delaying any results
well the last test date/result date could be part of USADA being held liable IMO...not sure of the intricacies of it all so maybe remember I am just a person with questions

Plenty of folks believe their man is clean after he tests hot so I didn't know the reason for your post.

IMO SuperPig @willthiswork has a great point for someone with limited knowledge on the fight AKA me(didn't see it live was out of the country and missed the pre and post drama)...why test before the fight if you can't get results till afterwards?
was this the night of fight test? or was this days/weeks before?

dates are important in this situation and that is all I was getting at.

relax bro...I am west coast chill mode and my posts are not trying to start any shit

I enjoy your professionalism on this forum FYI

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
FrankieNYC @FrankieNYC
I didn't fully read the previous post and just asked a question...you seem to think USADA is doing their job well and I asked a simple question about if you thought he was clean for the fight.

nothing complicated

well the last test date/result date could be part of USADA being held liable IMO...not sure of the intricacies of it all so maybe remember I am just a person with questions

Plenty of folks believe their man is clean after he tests hot so I didn't know the reason for your post.

IMO SuperPig @willthiswork has a great point for someone with limited knowledge on the fight(didn't see it live was out of the country and missed the pre and post drama)...why test before the fight if you can't get results till afterwards?
was this the night of fight test? or was this days/weeks before?

dates are important in this situation and that is all I was getting at.

relax bro...I am west coast chill mode and my posts are not trying to start any shit

I enjoy your professionalism on this forum FYI
I am very relaxed lol
I appreciated the words
I just explained why I responded with what I did

Re:
why test before the fight if you can't get results till afterwards?
Test take a certain amount of time to process ...
They do not label test with names (so nobody can say they tampered)
No test are "rushed"
He took 8 test prior to UFC 200
6 in June
2 in July

He failed the 2 in July that were never supposed to come back before the fight

He passed test in the same time-span that Jones took test & failed

I assume they also double-check (re-test) to make sure before going public

but Dim @Dim can verify that (or not)

We are all good man (as always)

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I am very relaxed lol
I appreciated the words
I just explained why I responded with what I did

Re:

Test take a certain amount of time to process ...
They do not label test with names (so nobody can say they tampered)
No test are "rushed"
He took 8 test prior to UFC 200
6 in June
2 in July

He failed the 2 in July that were never supposed to come back before the fight

He passed test in the same time-span that Jones took test & failed

I assume they also double-check (re-test) to make sure before going public

but Dim @Dim can verify that (or not)

We are all good man (as always)
thanks
good info

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
6 test came back before the event & he passed them all
Yeah and that's cool.

Still doesn't change the fact that one of the two that he failed was about 2 weeks before the fight.

WWE star Lesnar, who returned to the Octagon this year after five years away, tested positive for anti-estrogen drugs clomiphene and hydroxy-clomiphene in an out-of-competition drug sample collected on 28 June. He also tested positive when a second sample was taken on the night of his fight against Hunt.
Since the fight was on July 9th they could have gotten the results ahead of the fight.

To me it's somewhat foolish to do any testing before an event if you won't have the results until after that event, especially when it's a competition that involves concussions and physical harm.

I expect fighters that are trying to game the system to fail fight night tests and there's no way to stop that. At the same time, if the results of the test from the 28th had been processed in a timely fashion then the fight should have been cancelled and this lawsuit wouldn't be taking place.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
if the results of the test from the 28th had been processed in a timely fashion then the fight should have been cancelled and this lawsuit wouldn't be taking place.
They were processed in a timely fashion (as per the USADA/UFC history)
That is the point
No test come back quicker than that time frame

They test various times.
Brock beat the earlier timed test that Jones failed in.

But in the end he was caught

the two biggest stars on the card were caught. I don't see any way to file against USADA

I don't see any way he wins against UFC either, because he would need proof that they knew he was juiced.

But if he thinks he has a case then good luck to him (I don't know what he thinks he has as far as proof)

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
They were processed in a timely fashion (as per the USADA/UFC history)
That is the point
No test come back quicker than that time frame

They test various times.
Brock beat the earlier timed test that Jones failed in.

But in the end he was caught

the two biggest stars on the card were caught. I don't see any way to file against USADA

I don't see any way he wins against UFC either, because he would need proof that they knew he was juiced.

But if he thinks he has a case then good luck to him (I don't know what he thinks he has as far as proof)
I agree that he won't win.

The only person winning in this ordeal is his attorney.

But he very easily could have added USADA into the mix considering they threw RICO into the mix which is absurd.

What I've suggested is something that is winnable though... Not that it would result in any gain in this instance but it could lead to a change in policy where results like this would actually make a difference in whether or not someone fights a fighter that is gaming the system.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
I agree that he won't win.

The only person winning in this ordeal is his attorney.

But he very easily could have added USADA into the mix considering they threw RICO into the mix which is absurd.

What I've suggested is something that is winnable though... Not that it would result in any gain in this instance but it could lead to a change in policy where results like this would actually make a difference in whether or not someone fights a fighter that is gaming the system.
I'm just pointing out you can't sue USADA for delaying test that they did not delay.
I mean you could but it makes a case worse.
That isn't sticking up for anybody or declaring someone that pissed hot is clean ... ;)

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
This is why I like this place
Rambo John J @Rambo John J & SuperPig @willthiswork & I can have different sides of a topic without going off & acting like children and/or trolls.

Of course at times we might read into a post something not meant to be there or miss a joke & take it seriously, but 90% of the posters work it out intelligently

Good stuff

:cheers:

Dim

Aug 3, 2017
Since the fight was on July 9th they could have gotten the results ahead of the fight.

To me it's somewhat foolish to do any testing before an event if you won't have the results until after that event, especially when it's a competition that involves concussions and physical harm.

I expect fighters that are trying to game the system to fail fight night tests and there's no way to stop that. At the same time, if the results of the test from the 28th had been processed in a timely fashion then the fight should have been cancelled and this lawsuit wouldn't be taking place.
28th June collection to 9th July is pushing it a little bit.

bear in mind. Sample was presumably collected in Canada by CCES (Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport). Now, it seems those samples were shipped to SMRTL in Utah so you could be looking at 30th before they arrive, maybe even the 1st July.

Thats a pretty bedlam time for the US based labs. Theyve just had the cycling national championships, theres various athletics events going on. It was also an Olympic Year so youve got much increased testing of all the Olympic athletes. Add to this the Rio lab had lost its accreditation prior to the Olympics and samples were being shipped from Rio to the two US labs, its fair to say both SMRTL and UCLA would have had a much higher than usual amount of samples to get through.

So its entirely feasible that the sample wouldnt even get opened for analysis until the 6th or 7th of July in a best-case scenario.

Then you get into the testing methodology. This isnt like a lab the commissions use. Some tests that SMRTL run can literally take days to complete. Then, once you get a positive test you then do a confirmation analysis so retest everything again (dont get this confused with a and b samples. the a sample is actually split in the lab. they run the tests with the first half so in teh event of a positive they then double check with the second half). So even if the sample got opened on the 7th, you still could be looking at the 10th-12th before a positive was confirmed.

Then USADA get informed by the lab and the lab will send over hard copies of the test package. USADA need to look those over, make sure everything is in order, dot i's, cross t's, before officially informing the athlete.

for what its worth, the average time between collection of the sample, and announcement of the potential violation is 23.75 days

The timeline on Brock was 18 days, so in real terms it was considerably quicker than average.

So far, twenty violations have been announced quicker than Brocks (but three of those were based on admissions so no waiting for the sample to be analysed) and thirty-six violations took longer to get announced, so his sample timewise is amongst the faster to be handled.

heres everything, sorted by number of days between sample collection and announcement

is it ideal? no. Would be great if samples could be turned round before the fight happened but where do you draw the line. ten days out? a week out? two days out? there will always be a cut off point.

Dim

Aug 3, 2017

I wonder why they're not going after USADA since they performed tests close to the event but didn't rush them so the results weren't ready until after the fight? Seems as though that should be standard practice. Since it isn't aren't they also at fault?
if they start putting priority on some samples theres a risk element of anonymity is lost.

and as above, it was a mental time for the labs. national championships, a month before the olympics so a shed ton of olympic testing going on. Even with normal workload the end of June through July would have been mental. Olympic years the testing goes through the roof.

Throw in that on the 24th June, just six weeks before the olympics the Rio Lab loses its accreditation so every outstanding sample from Rio had to be shipped to other labs, as well as all prior positive samples. So the labs that already a tough workload got slammed even more.

to be honest, with all that going on, the fact they turned around Brocks sample in under three weeks is mighty impressive..

Dim

Aug 3, 2017
I'm just pointing out you can't sue USADA for delaying test that they did not delay.
I mean you could but it makes a case worse.
That isn't sticking up for anybody or declaring someone that pissed hot is clean ... ;)
thing to also remember.. usada dont actually do the analysis, thats done by SMRTL, they arent USADA.

However long the lab take, thats not on USADA. So if the analysis of the was delayed in any way they would have a case against SMRTL and not USADA (And they would have zero chance of getting any case against SMRTL for the reasons explained above)

(People make the misunderstanding of thinking SMRTL and UCLA are "USADA" labs and USADA are the ones doing the analysis - they arent. they are independant labs used by USADA because of their WADA accreditation - although USADA did help fund SMRTL. UCLA is part of the university, as are many of the worlds labs, Rio as well is a university lab.)