Hunt: I’d like to fight three more times outside the UFC, then retire

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Even after brutal losses against top-tier opponents, heavyweight veteran Mark Hunt never really discussed retirement. Ahead of his fight against Curtis Blaydes over the weekend at UFC 221, the 43-year-old “Super Samoan” finally gave himself an ultimatum before he plans to call it quits.

In a pre-fight interview with MMAjunkie, Hunt admitted that he is already feeling his age, as he continues to be matched up against younger and tough opponents.

“I get reminded all the time I am the oldest fighter in the universe,” Hunt said. “I’ve got three fights left with the UFC because I haven’t had a good run with a lot of things that’s happened with them.”

“Everyone knows I’m in court…

Mark Hunt: I’d like to fight three more times outside the UFC, then retire

C

Ceiling Fan

Five more fights for Hunto? I'm not sure I'd like to see that, unless they gave us Hunto vs Cro Cop sort of 3 in Rizin, but Cro Cop will be retired by then.

Nemo?

Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Dec 2, 2015
The shitty thing is he is the biggest draw in Australia and NZ IMO so it would make no sense for the UFC to let him go.

But really they should let him have a run of glory in rizin to finish off the career.

Tuc Ouiner

Posting Machine
May 19, 2016
I'd like to see fighters that are approaching retirement age (like Hunt) ... say that fast 4 times (huh... huh... huh), fight smaller up and comers. Remember the old days of ufc when there were no weight classes? Why not let the geezers fight smaller guys trying to make a name for themselves? Just like old musicians get to ply their craft after the twilight of their career has passed, older fighters shouldn't be put out to pasture if they still want to fight. Just a thought.
t

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
.500 fighter making 500k/500k and hes still bitching. Go make 100k at bellator

Fedor rematch would be cool tho
That's pretty harsh.
If Hunt is on any card, many purists consider that the main event right off the bat.
Not to mention he's quite possibly the baddest, clean natural phenomenon the octagon has ever seen.
Or the fact that he is indeed a major draw with a large fanbase.

In what started as the Ultimate, I believe the "p4p King" Demetrius would rather buy Hunt lunch every weekend for a year than fight him.

The "bitching" obviously stems from the UFC's willingness to knowingly sacrifice his health for a cheater & ratings without so much as a fair conversation about it.
What they did was everything that's wrong with sleezy promoters.

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
The shitty thing is he is the biggest draw in Australia and NZ IMO so it would make no sense for the UFC to let him go.

But really they should let him have a run of glory in rizin to finish off the career.
Probably Bobby Knuckles at this point to be honest

Nemo?

Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Dec 2, 2015
Are you referring to how much fatter Mark Hunt is? Relaxed muscle, relaxed muscle
No, more so that the last paperview was based around Hunt top to bottom while I am sure a Wittaker card would sell he's not as well known as Hunto.

T

The Big Guy

That's pretty harsh.
If Hunt is on any card, many purists consider that the main event right off the bat.
Not to mention he's quite possibly the baddest, clean natural phenomenon the octagon has ever seen.
Or the fact that he is indeed a major draw with a large fanbase.

In what started as the Ultimate, I believe the "p4p King" Demetrius would rather buy Hunt lunch every weekend for a year than fight him.

The "bitching" obviously stems from the UFC's willingness to knowingly sacrifice his health for a cheater & ratings without so much as a fair conversation about it.
What they did was everything that's wrong with sleezy promoters.
Only other person with a losing or nearly losing record that gets paid in that same ballpark is CM punk. Who i believe got 500k or 600k for his fight. And will probably get the same for rumored next one as i think he has a 3 fight deal

I like hunt but i only think hes competitive cause of how shallow the division is. Now his days of being a top 10 or top 5 gatekeeper are about to come to an end and they can take that 500k for his show money and maybe spread it to some young guys who need it