Hunto v Gallen (boxing) Oct 31

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BJTT_Kiwi

My member is more well known than yours
Jun 25, 2015
Looks like Paul Gallen is about to swallow a few teeth.

T

The Big Guy

I'll have to see some footage of this guy to convince me he wont be a walk off knockout

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
LOL at Hunto not wanting to fight people on PEDs and then fighting a guy pumped full of more of them than Barry Bonds.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
Gallen is not good by any stretch. But he does have 10 pro boxing matches.

Hunto is 0-1-1 in boxing, losing to a bum and drawing with a nobody only a year before he won the K1 title tournament, and hasn't fought in two decades.

Hunt is also 46. 46 is really fucking old. Gallen isn't a spring chicken himself at 38, but he is a PED user even from rugby times and 38 is a lot better than 46.

I don't think people will be shocked at how good Gallen is. I think they will be shocked at how bad 46-year-old Hunto is at pure boxing.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
In his last fight, Gallen had a competitive draw with Barry Hall in what was a 'Rugby vs Aussie Rules' superfight down here. Hall was 42 and making his pro debut. So pretty shit for Gallen to only draw with him in his 10th pro fight, right?

Well, Johnny Lewis, Kostya Tsyzu's trainer said this about Hall going into boxing when he was playing Aussie Rules: 'I did a bit of work with him and I had no doubt he had the ability to be the Australian heavyweight champion. I thought he could win it in his first fight if he wanted to'.

If Gallen can tough it out against a guy who at least once had genuine boxing talent, then it's not so certain that 46-year-old Hunt's bum record in boxing is a sure thing. He might get embarrassed here.

BJTT_Kiwi

Jun 25, 2015
In his last fight, Gallen had a competitive draw with Barry Hall in what was a 'Rugby vs Aussie Rules' superfight down here. Hall was 42 and making his pro debut. So pretty shit for Gallen to only draw with him in his 10th pro fight, right?

Well, Johnny Lewis, Kostya Tsyzu's trainer said this about Hall going into boxing when he was playing Aussie Rules: 'I did a bit of work with him and I had no doubt he had the ability to be the Australian heavyweight champion. I thought he could win it in his first fight if he wanted to'.

If Gallen can tough it out against a guy who at least once had genuine boxing talent, then it's not so certain that 46-year-old Hunt's bum record in boxing is a sure thing. He might get embarrassed here.
That's an absolute possibility.

For this I'm picking Mark Hunt will be back as "Pride Hunto" (like when he fought Fedor) who relies on power and his chin.
He will turn up in less than optimal shape, and assume that his superior ring craft and fists will get the job done.

His pay cheque doesn't change regardless of the outcome.
Regardless of his antics and social media outside the ring, he is still one of my favourite fighters of all time.

I'm re-reading his book at the moment - highly recommended if you have the opportunity.

ejlarson

I like chicken
Jul 4, 2015
That's an absolute possibility.

For this I'm picking Mark Hunt will be back as "Pride Hunto" (like when he fought Fedor) who relies on power and his chin.
He will turn up in less than optimal shape, and assume that his superior ring craft and fists will get the job done.

His pay cheque doesn't change regardless of the outcome.
Regardless of his antics and social media outside the ring, he is still one of my favourite fighters of all time.

I'm re-reading his book at the moment - highly recommended if you have the opportunity.
Kiwi in your username and you like Hunt? Now THAT is a coincidence!

Tuc Ouiner

Posting Machine
May 19, 2016
Always had respect for Mark Hunt because of his big heart and chin, on the other hand Mike Hunt stinks.

BJTT_Kiwi

Jun 25, 2015
Kiwi in your username and you like Hunt? Now THAT is a coincidence!
Yeah bro, it's quite the coincidence.
Started with Jimmy Thunder, then David Tua. Ray Sefo, Mike Angove, Shane Chapman, Jason Suttie, and then Mark well after I discovered NHB/MMA/Pride.

My first instructor was Terry Hill, who I still hold in the highest regard.

You may have seen him as a ref in UFC.

Kiwis punch above their (generally large) weight, and I'm a massive fan of fighters that wave our flag.
I live close enough to City Kickboxing (Adesanya, Kara-France etc) and watching their new blood is just as exciting.

Last edited:

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
A lot of movement in the odds towards Gallen.

Australian boxing is as corrupt as anywhere in the world, so I wouldn't be betting on a Hunto win here.

If Gallen can make it even remotely close, he will get the nod.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
A lot of movement in the odds towards Gallen.

Australian boxing is as corrupt as anywhere in the world, so I wouldn't be betting on a Hunto win here.

If Gallen can make it even remotely close, he will get the nod.
It shouldn't be Australian boxing unless a Roo is in it.

redneck

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Watching a stream now, prelims on now, Hunt fight is probably another hour or two. Tim Tszyu is fighting on the undercard.

redneck

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
The fight was only a 6 round match.

Gallen was the better boxer, Hunt rocked him a few times but he survived and appeared to out point Hunt.

Waiting for the decision, it could be a draw, or Gallen may win.

Hunt looked gassed after about the 3rd round.

redneck

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Tszyu vs Morgan up now. Should be a better fight than Gallen-Hunt.

Last edited:

redneck

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Tszyu wins by first round KO. Morgan was a solid challenger but he was destroyed.

Tszyu continues to follow in his father's footsteps.