Society Hurricane Florence thread.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Storm surge at sea level is scary. This was our beach in Jax during Hurricane Matthew. 1st, 2nd and 3rd streets became part of the ocean.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Storm surge at sea level is scary. This was our beach in Jax during Hurricane Matthew. 1st, 2nd and 3rd streets became part of the ocean.
whoa
that place it too close to sea level

I personally would not ever feel safe at anything less than 300-400 feet above the oceans incase of giant wave or giant storm or massive glacier melt

Is that Jax Carolina or Jax Florida?

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
whoa
that place it too close to sea level

I personally would not ever feel safe at anything less than 300-400 feet above the oceans incase of giant wave or giant storm or massive glacier melt

Is that Jax Carolina or Jax Florida?
That's Jax Florida. Hurricane Irma did the same thing to us. I know what the Carolinas are in for and feel for them.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Oooooh the eye seems like it's headed directly for Beaufort/New Bern area which is where my parents live...

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
It was downgraded again, so now it's a cat 1. Unfortunately they are saying that it's likely people 100-150 miles inland will most likely need to be rescued in the next few days due to flooding.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Lotta coverage for some wind and rain.
Are we bombing the middle east again?
normally I agree...but if half that much rain falls shit will be fucked up there

I do like how your mind works though

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
normally I agree...but if half that much rain falls shit will be fucked up there

I do like how your mind works though
It's just a fact.
We set up shop before hurricane season, and when the storm comes we make big moves.
In 2 weeks when recovery is about done, a new false flag chemical attack, big retaliation, and news portraying victims/back to war.

Not trying to derail, but hurricanes are rarely massive life-taking events.
5-4-3-2-hit the coast 1-tropical storm, some flooding, power outages, trees down, a few people boating down the street, then all's well in America.
Body count, hell, probably better than normal due to heightened caution and community bonding.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
It's just a fact.
We set up shop before hurricane season, and when the storm comes we make big moves.
In 2 weeks when recovery is about done, a new false flag chemical attack, big retaliation, and news portraying victims/back to war.

5-4-3-2-hit the coast 1-tropical storm, some flooding, power outages, trees down, a few people boating down the street, then all's well in America.
Body count, hell, probably better than normal due to heightened caution and community bonding.
Hope u right
Are due for a FF tho

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
Im already tired of hearing about people being rescued. You had enough warning to get the fuck out, now you risk other peoples live due to your own ignorance. I say let them drown.

Edit: i say this as someone who still went to school after being struck by lightning because i like playing in storms. I didnt cry about it. I just moved on.

Im already tired of hearing about people being rescued. You had enough warning to get the fuck out, now you risk other peoples live due to your own ignorance. I say let them drown.

Edit: i say this as someone who still went to school after being struck by lightning because i like playing in storms. I didnt cry about it. I just moved on.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Lot of water already coming down and saturating everything down there. Tons of trees down at my sister-in-law's place.

Even though it's closer to the ocean and the sound, it's higher ground than New Bern which is all over the news so it's not tooooo bad yet.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Hoping the best for everyone involved...

Although I do love the news reporters who feel it's necessary to report outside in this shit. ABC just had a dude getting pelted with rain and the wind was blowing so hard he could barely stand up - and because of the wind and the rain you couldn't hear a thing he was saying. He's basically just a human guinea pig jumping through hoops in extreme weather.

If you are going to throw people out there for our entertainment, take it a step further. Put two guys out there and have them try to toss a baseball back and forth. Or set up a football jugs and fly some footballs at his face. If you want to entertain me - entertain me, bitch.

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
Dude- this comes across pretty callous. Hurricanes are typically not massive life taking events due to the massive effort to evacuate the most at risk areas. There will be billions of dollars of damage with hundreds of homes lost due to surge and flooding. There is already 10+ feet of surge in some coastal towns- many of which will never be the same. Just because the media moves on to the next story in a week or so does not mean that it is back to life as usual in 2 weeks where the storm hit.

Dude- this comes across pretty callous. Hurricanes are typically not massive life taking events due to the massive effort to evacuate the most at risk areas. There will be billions of dollars of damage with hundreds of homes lost due to surge and flooding. There is already 10+ feet of surge in some coastal towns- many of which will never be the same. Just because the media moves on to the next story in a week or so does not mean that it is back to life as usual in 2 weeks where the storm hit.

All the best matey

I really hope every one comes out of it the best way possible.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
This is my brother's mother in law's house which is directly across from my parent's house (which is a bit further away from the sound)