General I’m am alcoholic

Discussion in 'The Off-topic Lounge' started by Juanandonly, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Galt

Galt ໝາກສີດາ
    First 100

Ratings:
    +30,775
    Good to hear mang, take care of yourself.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  2. Enock-O-lypse Now!

Enock-O-lypse Now! Underneath Denver International Airport

Ratings:
    +9,182
    The Mind is the biggest tool you have, keep a strong mind - Alcohol destroys that mind and the positivity you have inside you - the longer you stay sober the more and more you return to your true self, the more you become more positive and less negative...

It’s a real battle and relapsing can happen in a split second. Use your mind to be “aware” of the temptations around you ...old friends may want to lure you out for a drink (Be mentally strong!) You might be driving home from work and a certain Song’s lyrics will involve drinking and may trigger your brain to go have a couple (Be mentally Strong!) Watching a movie a certain scene may trigger your brain to the perceived good times you had drinking and will trigger the urge to go have a couple “only 1-2” but you know that leads to 3,4,5..and so on...(BE MENTALLY STRONG)

All about awareness and the temptations always going to be there ...there is a reason some Alcohol is called Spirits - these spirits are trying to get inside you and take over ...don’t let these inter dimensional spirits enter your system (Be Mentally Strong!)

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Jesus X

Jesus X co-founder of Manhunt bar at Quantico, VA

Ratings:
    +19,410
    after a 10 pint glass drinking session yesterday that almost got me fired today. I am attending my first AA meeting and looking into an outpatient rehab.

thanks Obama.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Jesus X

Ratings:
    +19,410
    did you have a drinking problem too?I agree that one glass leads to 6,7,8,9,10 .I started out yesterday drinking one glass then 10 glasses

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Enock-O-lypse Now!

Ratings:
    +9,182
    Oh yeah - I went through the struggle and saw many Alcohlics get deep in the game to the point they drank themselves to death.

Some in the 30’s some in their 40’s some in their 50’s.

Saw a guy battle Alcoholism in the 80’s lost his family - job - everything - went to A.A in the early 90’s and cleaned up got a new job and was sober for 15 years till he went into work one day to find out he was getting laid off...he said fuck it and went back to the bottle and he went hard ..was dead within 5 years of that layoff and being sober for 15 years.

So even those who clean up and get their lives back can easily fall prey to the temptations and lose it all.

@Juanandonly@Juanandonly is not alone generation after generation has been lured into the web of Alcoholism ..

Best information I ever came across and opened my mind was in the Book “Mental Chemistry” by Charles Hansel: (Book written early 1900’s)

“That people are beginning to think is evident; formerly when men were discontented or dissatisfied they met in a near-by saloon, had a few drinks and promptly forgot their discontent and dissatisfaction.

The situation is very different under existing conditions, men spend their time reading, studying and thinking, and the more they think the less satisfied they become.

Leaders of men know this, for this reason England has her ale, Scotland her whiskey, France her absinthe, Germany her beer and we of America who are recruited from all of these have had all forms of alcohol, it is by far the easiest way of keeping the people "happy and contented."

A man who has access to a fair percentage of alcohol, will not ask too many questions, if he does give him another drink.

This method of reducing the citizens of a country to a kind of idiotic servility has the additional advantage in that it produces enormous revenues which may be used for reducing them to economic slavery as well as spiritual slavery, for the man who cannot think has but small prospect of ever coming into any understanding of spiritual truth.”

#30 Enock-O-lypse Now!, Mar 14, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Jesus X

Ratings:
    +19,410
    this is a good and useful post. damn you knew or heard someone who drank themselves to death at 30 ,that dude must have been drinking a crazy amount.

7. Enock-O-lypse Now!

Ratings:
    +9,182
    Yeah he started out with beer on the weekends in the early days (Teens-20-‘s) then progressed to vodka - whiskey every single night till the point he was dead - we tried everything to get him to just slow down but he was in to deep.

Lost his arm when he was 16 on his first day at his first job ever at a Car Wash - think that played a big role in his drinking issues later in life.

This was a very good Doc from a few years back:

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lny5u-HIwbg

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Lamont Cranston

Lamont Cranston Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
    First 100

Ratings:
    +2,608
    Best wishes to OP!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Jesus X

Ratings:
    +19,410
    went to AA it is actually sort of cathartic and enjoyed the support I get from the people there.

[​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. PND (loves cats)

PND (loves cats) I like mustard

Ratings:
    +30,377
    Fantastic post.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Enock-O-lypse Now!

Ratings:
    +9,182
    What ever works to get you better, that’s all that matters.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Jesus X

Ratings:
    +19,410
    I was going to go to a rehab in Mexico but that sort of environment seems like throwing gasoline on a fire with triggers everywhere.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted