General I’m an epidemiologist. AMA

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MondoIDIOT

Better than you !
Mar 20, 2020
As an epidemiologist what challenges have risen since the virus known as covid19 ?

I heard that broken down covid shows vaguely similar properties as fibromyalgia. Is there any truth to this ?

Specifically what steps as an epidemiologist have you and your family taken in the crisis?

Thanks in advance as it is an honor.

Thank you for your service

One more question?

What ever happened to forum member Keung. I believe while lurking that he was the leading scientist for the cure in Germany. Possibly infected himself ?

Look forward to hearing from you

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I don't even know what white claw Busch lite is. Sounds like a drink from a gaybar

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Right I'm awake.

What I miss?
I decided that the time was right to avail this forum of my considerable talents and knowledge as an eminent epidemiologist. I've seen a lot of questionable advice and information over the entire internet lately, and I just want to do my part in helping dispel some of the crap. Basically, it's good people like you that I hope to help.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Hope all is well with you HEATH VON DOOM and you stay healthy - that goes for all the members here at TMMAC. Also thanks to MMAPlaywright @MMAPlaywright and Splinty @Splinty sharing their expertise here ..greatly appreciated.

Quick Question:

Lot of my buddies stocked up on booze, im talking about bottles of whiskey,vodka, and cases of White Claw Busch Light ...one guy seriously picked up 15 cases....

My question is, wouldnt a guy want to avoid booze at this time because it may lower their immunity and make one more susceptible to catching the virus?
I would recommend lowering consumption of booze at this time. Data suggest that this is not a sound approach to our new shared reality.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
As an epidemiologist what challenges have risen since the virus known as covid19 ?

I heard that broken down covid shows vaguely similar properties as fibromyalgia. Is there any truth to this ?

Specifically what steps as an epidemiologist have you and your family taken in the crisis?

Thanks in advance as it is an honor.

Thank you for your service

One more question?

What ever happened to forum member Keung. I believe while lurking that he was the leading scientist for the cure in Germany. Possibly infected himself ?

Look forward to hearing from you
Good questions. Excellent discussion points.

Not many people know this, but COVID-19 actually IS fibromyalgia. Under the microscope it is indistinguishable. The greatest challenge I face these days is getting people to understand this. It's been tremendously difficult.

As far as what my family and I are doing, the answer is basically nothing. I socially isolated myself long ago, so this distancing bullshit is second nature. My wife does the shopping, errand running, etc. I go to work, where I am left almost 100% alone and then I come home. That's it. This is the protocol I'd recommend for everyone, if you want to know the truth.

As for Keung, I have some people looking into it. I hope to have more info on that front shortly. Stay tuned.

MondoIDIOT

Better than you !
Mar 20, 2020
Good questions. Excellent discussion points.

Not many people know this, but COVID-19 actually IS fibromyalgia. Under the microscope it is indistinguishable. The greatest challenge I face these days is getting people to understand this. It's been tremendously difficult.

As far as what my family and I are doing, the answer is basically nothing. I socially isolated myself long ago, so this distancing bullshit is second nature. My wife does the shopping, errand running, etc. I go to work, where I am left almost 100% alone and then I come home. That's it. This is the protocol I'd recommend for everyone, if you want to know the truth.

As for Keung, I have some people looking into it. I hope to have more info on that front shortly. Stay tuned.
Great job and amazing work .

I envy you. Being on the front line of this thing and all

Keep it up and I'll personally see to it that you get a nobel prize

I am NOT disappointed in you

Hwoarang

TMMAC Addict
Oct 22, 2015
Uhh, what?... how is that possible?
Fibromyalgia isn't contagious, can be hereditary, isn't a virus, and lasts forever.
Covid is contagious, isn't hereditary, is a virus, and only lasts a couple of weeks.
To say they're the same thing sounds like total horse shit.
Can you break it down more to convince me (or at least make it sound remotely plausible) that they're the same?

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Uhh, what?... how is that possible?
Fibromyalgia isn't contagious, can be hereditary, isn't a virus, and lasts forever.
Covid is contagious, isn't hereditary, is a virus, and only lasts a couple of weeks.
To say they're the same thing sounds like total horse shit.
Can you break it down more to convince me (or at least make it sound remotely plausible) that they're the same?
Please help #FlattenTheCurve

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
Yes. We met at a conference in Miami several years ago. He is one hell of a scientist and a good guy. Big fan of jiu jitsu.
Cool. he is a teacher at my hometown University where I work. epidemiology is our only top level department or at least they tell us so. is it true? the current Dean is an epidemiology teacher as well - a little sneaky asshole btw.

MondoIDIOT

Better than you !
Mar 20, 2020
Cool. he is a teacher at my hometown University where I work. epidemiology is our only top level department or at least they tell us so. is it true? the current Dean is an epidemiology teacher as well - a little sneaky asshole btw.
Hold on there slick

Your name is 'REGULAR' John . I guess I don't have to point out that a shmuck like you does NOT have the clearance level to be discussing such an important subject.

How about I take you to the clink for interfering with the work of this nation's LEADING epidemiologist in MMAPlaywright @MMAPlaywright

He is on his way to a NOBEL PRIZE . you got that chump

So take your 'REGULAR' education and study for the next 30 years earn yourself a HIGH HONORS DOCTORATE ... Then and only then can you have an opinion on this.

My God . The NERVE of some people. Do YOU even realize the ramifications if the Epidemiology Society of America (ESA) were to be monitoring this thread right now . You and your 'REGULAR' sized brain are compromising everyone in this threads safety right now .

WE ARE IN AN EPIDEMIC... Please

Act accordingly

as always much love,

I'm Kurt Boswell

Last edited:

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015

Thoughts?
Solid information.

Rimming (mouth on anus) is generally discouraged for the time being, for the exact reason stated. Pre-masturbation hand washing is strongly encouraged. This information is on strong scientific footing.

Good stuff.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Hold on there slick

Your name is 'REGULAR' John . I guess I don't have to point out that a shmuck like you does NOT have the clearance level to be discussing such an important subject.

How about I take you to the clink for interfering with the work of this nation's LEADING epidemiologist in MMAPlaywright @MMAPlaywright

He is on his way to a NOBEL PRIZE . you got that chump

So take your 'REGULAR' education and study for the next 30 years earn yourself a HIGH HONORS DOCTORATE ... Then and only then can you have an opinion on this.

My God . The NERVE of some people. Do YOU even realize the ramifications if the Epidemiology Society of America (ESA) were to be monitoring this thread right now . You and your 'REGULAR' sized brain are compromising everyone in this threads safety right now .

WE ARE IN AN EPIDEMIC... Please

Act accordingly

as always much love,

I'm Kurt Boswell
Kurt hits on something very vital, and this is as good a time as any for a reminder that there is a lot of questionable information out there. Always look to the source of whatever information you're seeing and make sure it comes from someone or some entity that you can trust.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
That didn't help me understand shit.
Wtf is flatten the curve?
I think it refers to the curve of cases.

Y axis measuring cases
X axis measures time

If no one changed his or her lifestyle, the curve would be steep since its contagious. But by social distancing, less people catch it day by day, flattening the curve

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
First off, when this thread started, I assumed you were joking about being a doctor. So my bad about whatever my first post was. I recall it being an attempt at a joke

Second, I have a concern. Not a big one tho. So I vaguely recall my mother having me put hydrogen peroxide in my ear over 20 years ago. So this has probbaly happened before, but not in at least 20 years... my fucken left ear was annoying two days ago. Kept me awake like 6 hours in bed last night and now about 6 hours tonight

Theres nothing about ear issues being related to corona, right? I'm guessing it's just an ear infection or something (I have no other symptoms, aside from being an awesome dancer)

Background on ear: the two days leading into the pain, I spent the majority of the days and nights wearing a different set of headphones than usual (used the type that plug into ear completely)

So I'm guessing that 40 out of 48 hours with those headphones was just a mistake. And nothing more than that, right?

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
First off, when this thread started, I assumed you were joking about being a doctor. So my bad about whatever my first post was. I recall it being an attempt at a joke

Second, I have a concern. Not a big one tho. So I vaguely recall my mother having me put hydrogen peroxide in my ear over 20 years ago. So this has probbaly happened before, but not in at least 20 years... my fucken left ear was annoying two days ago. Kept me awake like 6 hours in bed last night and now about 6 hours tonight

Theres nothing about ear issues being related to corona, right? I'm guessing it's just an ear infection or something (I have no other symptoms, aside from being an awesome dancer)

Background on ear: the two days leading into the pain, I spent the majority of the days and nights wearing a different set of headphones than usual (used the type that plug into ear completely)

So I'm guessing that 40 out of 48 hours with those headphones was just a mistake. And nothing more than that, right?
Put couple drops olive oil. See if that help