General I Am Paul Walker - new documentary premiering on Paramount on 8/11

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Yeah, it's kind of strange how he became known by demonstrating his acting chops in his earlier films--Snatch was the movie where I really noticed him for the first time--and then he went on to mostly just do action movies for the rest of his career. I'd like to see him take more challenging roles, at least every once in a while.
Did you ever see the movie London? He acted properly in that, it was really good.

I'm biased because Lock Stock is arguably my favourite film ever, but he took on a serious role in London.

MachidaKarate

Aug 4, 2018
Did you ever see the movie London? He acted properly in that, it was really good.

I'm biased because Lock Stock is arguably my favourite film ever, but he took on a serious role in London.
London? No, I can't say I've even heard of it. What's it all about?

EDIT: I see your link. Never heard of this one. I'll have to check it out.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
London? No, I can't say I've even heard of it. What's it all about?

EDIT: I see your link. Never heard of this one. I'll have to check it out.
It's like everyone saying Ryan Reynolds is just a goofy comedic actor but never watched Buried or Smokin Aces.
(yeah I'm a bit in love with him too)

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
I like Paul Walker, his acting skills are mediocre but he likes cars and I like cars, plus he was BJJ Brown Belt (i think)

I think his best work was Running Scared

MachidaKarate

Aug 4, 2018
Hollywood should probably acknowledge Paul Walker's sexual relationships with kids

There’s lots of stuff out there but no one seems to talk about it. He started dating his last gf when he was 33 and she was 16, a whole year older than his daughter.
Walker's relationship with that girl was weird, but that article's title is bullshit. "Sexual relationship with kids" certainly implies someone much younger than 16 years old.

I think a 33-year-old should not be with a 16-year-old, but only a relatively short time ago in history they probably would've been regarded as a good match.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Walker's relationship with that girl was weird, but that article's title is bullshit. "Sexual relationship with kids" certainly implies someone much younger than 16 years old.

I think a 33-year-old should not be with a 16-year-old, but only a relatively short time ago in history they probably would've been regarded as a good match.
If you had a 16 year old daughter would you bs cool with her fucking a 33 year old?

I find it weird how people defend his pedophilia but are more than willing to send others to jail. It wasn’t a one time thing,the dude regularly went after underage girls and the only reason no one says shit is because he was rich and good looking.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015

“Relatively” doesn’t make it okay. My parents were having fits when 14 year old me was going out with an 18 year old and shut it down completely. Rightly so. I was pretty intelligent for my age but not emotionally.
I’d left home at 16/17 but I didn’t know what the fuck was up.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
I was legit sad when Paul walker died. Shit was sad. Especially since they said he didn’t die right away and suffered a bit.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I've loved him since Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, he's made well for himself as a result of that and Snatch. Pure escapism movies since. Take your brain out, stick it on the shelf and just enjoy it.
The Transporter movies and Crank have all been awesome.
Sounds like someone hasn't watched Revolver.

MachidaKarate

Aug 4, 2018
If you had a 16 year old daughter would you bs cool with her fucking a 33 year old?
Well I did say, "I think a 33-year-old should not be with a 16-year-old."

So what do you think?

But I'm glad you brought up the idea of parents and their consent, because I was going to make the point that if he really cared for her, and she wanted it, and her parents consented to it (which they obviously did), then I'm not going to spend any time getting outraged about it.

16-year-olds are damn near adults anyway. You have emancipated 16-year-olds who are out in the world living with adult responsibilities as we speak, and they're allowed to do it legally because they were deemed capable to do so.

I find it weird how people defend his pedophilia but are more than willing to send others to jail. It wasn’t a one time thing,the dude regularly went after underage girls and the only reason no one says shit is because he was rich and good looking.
Well it's quite literally not pedophilia. Pedophilia is, by definition, an attraction to pre-pubescent children, not an attraction to fully developed post-pubescent 16-year-olds.

As for defending it, I'm not really defending it, I'm just not all that upset by it. By all accounts they loved each other very much and they were happily together for like 10 years, all the way up to his death.

Here they are together. Honestly, I see this and I just see what looks like a happy couple enjoying each other's company.

Last edited:

MachidaKarate

Aug 4, 2018
“Relatively” doesn’t make it okay. My parents were having fits when 14 year old me was going out with an 18 year old and shut it down completely. Rightly so. I was pretty intelligent for my age but not emotionally.
I’d left home at 16/17 but I didn’t know what the fuck was up.
Like I said, I don't really condone it.

Also, I feel compelled to point out that I feel like 16 is leaps and bounds beyond 14 developmentally. I was just making the point in my last post that in most states a 16-year-old can become emancipated from their parents and take on adult responsibilities, and the law was set at 16 because that's the age it was decided they could handle it.

I was watching Coal Miner's Daughter just the other day and learned that Loretta Lynn was only 15 when she married 21-year-old Oliver Lynn, who she remained with until his death a great many years later. Their marriage was not especially controversial, and this was only about 70 years ago.

Our attitude about this sort of thing is something of a modern invention.

Last edited:

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
I've loved him since Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, he's made well for himself as a result of that and Snatch. Pure escapism movies since. Take your brain out, stick it on the shelf and just enjoy it.
The Transporter movies and Crank have all been awesome.
Crank was awesome.
Laughed my ass off

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
So you accuse someone of being a pedophile and the onus is on the people pointing out that your source isn't very credible?
For fucks sake, I’ve heard about it before but like I said it was the first thing that come up. If you don’t agree do some research and form a rebuttal instead of starting an argument with me.

So like I said before, just fucking google it yourself.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
For fucks sake, I’ve heard about it before but like I said it was the first thing that come up. If you don’t agree do some research and form a rebuttal instead of starting an argument with me.

So like I said before, just fucking google it yourself.
I did. I Googled "Paul Walker pedophile". After reading the third article about them not having any actual idea if he did anything illegal I decided there probably wasn't much there. I also noticed a trend of them tying some behaviors he had with similar behaviors in other, R Kelly, Jared the Subway guy. But they gloss over that the people they're comparing him to had physical evidence supporting the claims about their behavior.