IMG/GIF I bought a Pride and Dream poster

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Excuse the house. We are moving and shelves are empty and shit is everywhere!

DREAM 2
Dream.2 Middle Weight Grandprix 2008 1st Round was a mixed martial arts event promoted by Dream. It took place on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 at the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama City, Japan.
The event hosted the opening round of the promotion's Middleweight Grand Prix. All bouts were conducted under Dream Rules, (first round is 10 minutes, second round is 5 minutes) in an 84 kilograms (185 lb) weight class. The evening's Main Event featured Kazushi Sakuraba of Japan and Brazilian kyokushin karateka Andrews Nakahara.

Beyond just being a coold looking poster, the even was packed with a lot of names and was the promotions foray into heavier weight classes Dream 2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2006 OWGP
Do I need to post this description?

Pride Final Conflict Absolute - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Pride Final Conflict Absolute was a mixed martial arts event held by the Pride Fighting Championships. It took place at the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan on September 10, 2006.This event comprised the semifinal and final rounds of the Pride Heavyweight Grand Prix tournament.

Big names, Mirko gets his belt following submission to punches. It was a great time!
The poster is full of fan faces as described here:
On July 13th, approximately 500 fans gathered at the PRIDE Dreamers dojo to have their faces photographed. Those photographs were then used to create the faces of four competitors in the September 10th PRIDE FINAL CONFLICT posters: Mirko Filipovic, Wanderlei Silva, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and Josh Barnett.
In addition to the event's venue, Saitama Super Arena, the posters have also been put on display in many other parts of the city. The faces of both the fighters and the fans will become promote the event as they come together to become the "face" of the 2006 open weight grand prix final round, PRIDE FINAL CONFLICT.

There are actually two versions of this poster:

Maybe some thought that Mirko and Josh would be competing in the first round in this layout.

A word about frames....

So you went out and got some old Pride posters before the market decided they are worth more than your first born children? Ordered all the way from Japan which is likely the only way to find a reasonable deal without some luck and want to protect them?

Japanese posters are often B2 size. Lots of sites say they are in certain round inches like 29"x40" or something. They are NOT. It it important to be accurate.

B2 is either 707mm x 500mm or 728mm x 515mm. If that wasn't bad enough, any number of variables may adjust a B2 poster size as they are cut off the line and they could be somewhere in between these two.

So get your poster then measure exactly! Buying a 707mmx500mm premade frame off ebay may not work!

I went with this guy: Classic Japanese B2 Movie Poster Frame 20x29 from: Spotlight Displays
The edges of the frame are spring loaded and you can just flip them up. Then lay the poster in, lay the plastic overlay on top, and close the edges back. SNAP, your poster is frames in less than a minute. Sandwich of plastic -> poster -> plastic. With the frame holding around the edges.

I am not sure if there is any UV protection via this process like some other lens/overlays. And you lose a little of viewing edge of the poster. But the price, quality, and shipping is very good. Custom frames are like 300 bucks at this size. This guy custom cut for me for 58! Just order B2 and then send him your EXACT measurements of the poster and he'll cut a few mm larger to accommodate.

Hope that helps, and hope you enjoyed the pics :)

EDIT - Robert Perry, the owner of spotlightdisplays.com heard about this thread and has offered a coupon code of TMMAC to give you 10% off at checkout if you order frames from his website above.

He also explained there is UV protection in the overlays with the frames

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MVxxqPmo-w

So that's good news! Anyways, I had a good experience with him after getting a standard B2 that didn't fit on ebay. Hope it all helps.

Last edited:

Team Bisping

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
These look fantastic, great choice, do you mind sharing where you picked the posters up from? I'm moving in 2 months and looking forward to picking up some nice wall art

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
These look fantastic, great choice, do you mind sharing where you picked the posters up from? I'm moving in 2 months and looking forward to picking up some nice wall art
Purchased off ebay. But did my research on the seller. I can get you his name later. There are some known and some unknown sellers out there. And there are a LOT of fakes, though they are mostly signatures on smaller items.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
I really wish the UFC would get creative with fight posters. They haven't come close to matching Prides.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Robert Perry, the owner of spotlightdisplays.com heard about this thread and has offered a coupon code of TMMAC to give you 10% off at checkout if you order frames from his website above.

Bump! He's being nice to the community!

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Those are awesome! Can Mr. Perry or Splinty @Splinty give us an estimate on what those frames cost?

They are the ones I linked. They are 57.95. He charges the same as long as the custom cut is within one inch.
So just get your posters in B2. Find out how close they are (mine were actually a few mm too big and I wasted an ebay frame that was VERY nice quality but can't be custom done) and order a frame. Then you just email him and tell him your exact dimensions. I've got no stake in this, I just already went in the circle of excitement buying a standard B2 too find it was just a little off. Then I read a lot online to learn about the variation in B2's and how they can be cut off the sheet.