Lifestyle I Bought A Travel Trailer!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015

I have wanted one ever since I was a little boy. I have 3 little kids so I wanted to get one while they are are still small. We got a 2017 Heartland Pioneer QB300. The "QB" stands for quad bunks. I'm stoked!

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Looks like a house, nice ......don't start pronouncing dog as dag and you'll be good to go

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

I have wanted one ever since I was a little boy. I have 3 little kids so I wanted to get one while they are are still small. We got a 2017 Heartland Pioneer QB300. The "QB" stands for quad bunks. I'm stoked!
Fucking sweet! What are you towing it with? Where do you live and do you plan to roll out soon? That's a nice unit, like the rear bumper carrier. If you don't have one I highly recommend getting a 1500W generator, equalizer hitch, 2X12v parallel battery set up before you got the road. Pictures of interior asap :)

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Nice! You can see the country in those things. Better get some mirror extenders for your truck.

Looks fucking awesome mate. May you and the family have many happy times on your travels.

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Fucking sweet! What are you towing it with? Where do you live and do you plan to roll out soon? That's a nice unit, like the rear bumper carrier. If you don't have one I highly recommend getting a 1500W generator, equalizer hitch, 2X12v parallel battery set up before you got the road. Pictures of interior asap :)
Well, right now, I'm using my Dodge Ram1500. Maxed out, the trailer is right at the limit. I have a WD hitch and I can hardly tell it's back there. I just got air bags installed, so that will be even better. We are going to be getting a new vehicle to tow it with so we can have everyone in the same car. Until then, my wife will follow in her minivan. We are leaning towards a Nissan NV3500. I just picked it up and brought it to our storage lot and I don't have any interior pics, but this is an identical one.
View: https://youtu.be/E-dFFDIyrWg

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Well, right now, I'm using my Dodge Ram1500. Maxed out, the trailer is right at the limit. I have a WD hitch and I can hardly tell it's back there. I just got air bags installed, so that will be even better. We are going to be getting a new vehicle to tow it with so we can have everyone in the same car. Until then, my wife will follow in her minivan. We are leaning towards a Nissan NV3500. I just picked it up and brought it to our storage lot and I don't have any interior pics, but this is an identical one.
View: https://youtu.be/E-dFFDIyrWg
A commercial passenger van? How many kids you got?

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
impress your children and pull it like a strongmen comp... unless ur not a strong man

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
What's the travel length, weight/and truck tow capacity?

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
That looks awesome!

I got to see the inside of one of those last fall in Moab (ran in to some friends while we were out there, they were traveling all over in it). Very nice. Congrats bro!

Where's the first trip gonna be?

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
Believe me, I would, I just can't fit 3 adults and 3 kids in one comfortably.
True, most are 5 passenger. That looks like a great travel trailer. My brother in law got a similar one last year and he uses it constantly. Loves it.

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
That looks awesome!

I got to see the inside of one of those last fall in Moab (ran in to some friends while we were out there, they were traveling all over in it). Very nice. Congrats bro!

Where's the first trip gonna be?
I'm not sure where the first trip will be yet. It's still winter here in Wisconson, although it was in the 60s today. We'll probably do a few shakedown trips fairly close to figure shit out. We're planning on going to the UP and going to Makinac Island. Also, Door County, Wi. We will probably hit some National Parks this year too, not sure which ones yet. My sister has an RV and we are planning on meeting up in Yellowstone next summer in 2018.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
I'm not sure where the first trip will be yet. It's still winter here in Wisconson, although it was in the 60s today. We'll probably do a few shakedown trips fairly close to figure shit out. We're planning on going to the UP and going to Makinac Island. Also, Door County, Wi. We will probably hit some National Parks this year too, not sure which ones yet. My sister has an RV and we are planning on meeting up in Yellowstone next summer in 2018.
Sounds fun man, enjoy!

In my youth I spent a lot of time in Wisconsin (I was a FIB or FIBWAB if you know those terms :)), including Door County and the UP. Love it up there. Miss fishing for and eating walleye. I have so many fond memories from up there. My best friends parents have a cabin in Hazelhurst (near Minoqua), and we'd spend time up there every winter and summer. It was awesome.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Buy the national parks annual pass for $80 iirc. Otherwise you're paying $20(?) for each visit. If you're unsure keep your reciepts for the one time passes you buy and you can put that towards an annual pass if you go on enough trips.