General I bought a watch

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
Funny story about a watch from my sheriff's dept days.

A rookie was showing off a new high dollar watch in the squad room parking lot. A huge old school deputy's eyes lit up, all excited, and asked if he could try it on. Rookie was hesitant but old school said he wasn't sure a watch like that would fit his big wrist. Everyone else just froze. We all knew he didn't give a shit about watches. Rookie decided he couldn't risk saying 'no' in fear of being ostracized. He reluctantly handed over the watch. Old school immediately hurled it into a vacant lot filled with 2 ft high grass next door.

It was so awful. And funny.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Fuck man! I had forgotten about those but seeing your picture brought it all back! That watch was a must have for any self-respecting poser back in the day (Referring to myself).
i vsguely rememwbr them being "water resistant" like 50 feet. but then one came out that was 250 feet and people made a big deal of it

but none of us were scuba divers. so im not quite sure why that ever matter lol

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
i vsguely rememwbr them being "water resistant" like 50 feet. but then one came out that was 250 feet and people made a big deal of it

I took one to the bottom of the high dive pool(15 ft?)
it survived

hurt my ears though

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
haha exactly. i have a vague memory of being jealous. but i dont think ive ever been more than like 12 feet underwater

the human psyche can be odd
My lady knows how to free dive a bit, she just takes off into caves when we go to tropical waters
I don't make it past 10 feet mostly

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Did you ever dunk Splinty? I might have missed your response...
Seems like Kaladin at one point likely had that type of explosion

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
I recommend you get yourself a Hamilton khaki field watch mechanical. Not too braggadocious. Classic in just the right way. Just like you.
I wore a watch for a couple months a few years ago. I liked wearing it I felt like a god dammed Navy Seal or some sort of tactical agent. Then it broke.

I looked into the watch you suggested.

9AA332A1-22D7-4D4E-9AD1-964B6F010D90.jpeg

It’s 600 god damned dollars! You know I’m a young father struggling to put food on the table, you condescending son of a bitch!

You might see me rocking this joint at the next BBQ though.

4977FD5B-8F43-47D5-8A93-96D0A96F9523.jpeg

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I wore a watch for a couple months a few years ago. I liked wearing it I felt like a god dammed Navy Seal or some sort of tactical agent. Then it broke.

I looked into the watch you suggested.

View attachment 55502

It’s 600 god damned dollars! You know I’m a young father struggling to put food on the table, you condescending son of a bitch!

You might see me rocking this joint at the next BBQ though.

View attachment 55501
I'd wear it. Looks sharp imo

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Ha, I have a Samsung that I got on a deal through work. :smile: Although mine has a dark brown leather band.

I fucking love it, though. Would never have bought it if not for the discount, either.

Currently rocking a Skyrim face. The background image changes according to the time of day and the weather conditions, which is awesome. It's currently showing an aurora over a Nord town hall at night.

I really enjoy cycling through faces every so often, and finding new ones. Much much more than I thought I would. Some of them are really creative.

??

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015

Water resistance is somewhat of a mislabel.
It's about pressure and for how well the watch can resist it. And this diminishes over time as well.

Also naturally, if you splash into the water while kiting with high impact, a 30m (3 bar) "water resistant" watch might very well already break.
Or jumping from 10m into a pool.

I wouldn't go scuba diving with my 100m (10 bar) resistance watch now either. 300m (30 bar) should be fine for that tho.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Got this bad boy just a couple of weeks ago. First watch I ever bought as an adult. And it's a gadget, not a fashion statement.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I know this will shock most of you...but I don't wear a watch. They annoy the fuck out of me.