I don't have time for the gym any more. What do?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
I"m working a minimum of 65 hours a week and just can't fit the gym in my schedule. What do I do??????? I'm not looking to pack on monster muscle, so the heavy lifting doesn't matter much to me. I have one 35lb kettlebell here at the house. My plan is to buy a new house with either a garage or room for an additional building to place a bench and squat rack in.

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
the bas rutten workout I posted would be great for working out at home til you get more equipment. I'm a gym rat & it still kicks my ass every time I do it, I've puked a couple times from it. you might want to get a medicine ball you can slam, but a kettlebell & body weight would be enough for most of it

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
the bas rutten workout I posted would be great for working out at home til you get more equipment. I'm a gym rat & it still kicks my ass every time I do it, I've puked a couple times from it. you might want to get a medicine ball you can slam, but a kettlebell & body weight would be enough for most of it
Thanks. It didn’t notify me that anyone had replied. Like I mentioned in the OP, the plan is to get either a shop or garage big enough for the basic equipment I normally use at a gym. I just can’t justify getting a membership when I don’t know if I would even be able to make time to go. Being able to walk in your garage with the same equipment would help out a ton.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Do calisthenics version of LAW (Leigh's Awesome Workout):

Pull ups on door frame pull up bar
Dips with 2 chairs
Handstand push ups
Front and back levers with pull up bar
Bulgarian split squats with kettle bell
Dorsal raises, if you can find a way to do them at home

Takes me about an hour once a week.

Tuc Ouiner

Posting Machine
May 19, 2016
Assume a good horse stance in the shower and blast yourself with cold water for one minute and eleven seconds. Work your way up to six minutes and sixty-six seconds (7 min 6 sec) and you will enter the spiritual realm of Cat Yamaguchi's inner sanctum. (read this in a back issue of Inside Kung Fu) Let me know how it works.

The EZ Life

Posting Machine
Aug 6, 2015
You can hit basically every body major bodypart with that kettlebell.... squats/jumping squats holding it in front of your chin. Shoulder press or cleans.. one arm rows (or get a pull-up bar for upper back/bis). Lay on your back and do one arm chest press/push-ups for chest.

Theres these killer lunges if u put your back leg on something raised (like a chair) and lunge from there. You can do good mornings too I guess.
Kettlebell swings.

Might as well jump rope , don’t need much space for that.

You can google anything for any body part... for example “kettlebell exercise for back” or “body weight exercise for hamstrings” etc, and then make your own little routine with a few different exercises you can follow. Maybe hit legs/back/bis one day, shoulder/chest/tris the next, and abs every time at the end of your workouts.

Also if you only have that one kettlebell and don’t plan on getting more , if it’s not that heavy for you I would just do high reps and get toned af and conditioned

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
You can hit basically every body major bodypart with that kettlebell.... squats/jumping squats holding it in front of your chin. Shoulder press or cleans.. one arm rows (or get a pull-up bar for upper back/bis). Lay on your back and do one arm chest press/push-ups for chest.

Theres these killer lunges if u put your back leg on something raised (like a chair) and lunge from there. You can do good mornings too I guess.
Kettlebell swings.

Might as well jump rope , don’t need much space for that.

You can google anything for any body part... for example “kettlebell exercise for back” or “body weight exercise for hamstrings” etc, and then make your own little routine with a few different exercises you can follow. Maybe hit legs/back/bis one day, shoulder/chest/tris the next, and abs every time at the end of your workouts.

Also if you only have that one kettlebell and don’t plan on getting more , if it’s not that heavy for you I would just do high reps and get toned af and conditioned
dude knows his shit

I got strong as hell with 25 lbs dumbbells and silly reps per set...then when I tryed anything heavy I was surprised how strong those 25s got me....cardio on point also for strength stuff

Yuki Nakai's Eye

Slow in the head, Quick in bed
Sep 2, 2015
dude knows his shit

I got strong as hell with 25 lbs dumbbells and silly reps per set...then when I tryed anything heavy I was surprised how strong those 25s got me....cardio on point also for strength stuff
We can't all be Rambo

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
You answered your own question- you have a 35# KB. Look up any of the Onnit KB workouts Rogan pushes and try not to puke.

Dirty Harry Potter

The smartass formerly known as Geezer
Apr 5, 2018
My solution is home weight room and infrequent workouts .
Seriously. I'm a fornicating geezer; it takes days to recover.

ronniejohnson09

Aug 2, 2022
You should buy a treadmill that you can place in your new home. Running on the treadmill every day would be a good workout for you.