Lifestyle I dont like being called 'racist'.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
You sit back on your chairs and call me racist. If I'm racist towards black people, why is Tyson my favorite boxer, and RG3 my favorite QB? You want to call me racist against Islam, yet there is no louder voice for Khabib to get a title shot than mine. I constantly speak against the irish guy, who SPOILER ALERT : He's white. I just hate idiots. Just sit behind your keyboard and shut up already.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
You sit back on your chairs and call me racist. If I'm racist towards black people, why is Tyson my favorite boxer, and RG3 my favorite QB? You want to call me racist against Islam, yet there is no louder voice for Khabib to get a title shot than mine. I constantly speak against the irish guy, who SPOILER ALERT : He's white. I just hate idiots. Just sit behind your keyboard and shut up already.

I thought that your implications of all Asians eating dogs was racist.

But I didn't think you were being intentionally mean as much as I just thought it was bit lazy joke making.

Even racist jokes can be good social commentary. But that requires them to be a bit more clever and not just bluntly calling names or stereotypes without some context to make a better point.

Just saying Asians eat dogs or black people want to do drive bys really doesn't do anything more than disparage a group as far as I can tell.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
I thought that your implications of all Asians eating dogs was racist.

But I didn't think you were being intentionally mean as much as I just thought it was bit lazy joke making.

Even racist jokes can be good social commentary. But that requires them to be a bit more clever and not just bluntly calling names or stereotypes without some context to make a better point.

Just saying Asians eat dogs or black people want to do drive bys really doesn't do anything more than disparage a group as far as I can tell.
Asians do eat dogs, that's not racist it's true.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Asians do eat dogs, that's not racist it's true.

Eh, I'm abridging a reference to his thread about not wanting to be in an interracial relationship... Particularly because Asians would probably try to eat his dog and the black women he finds hot are predisposed to their desires for being involved in drive bys.

I can imagine there a lot of really funny Asians eating dog jokes. I just thought that one was a bit lazy and in the context of explaining why you won't date this woman doesn't really seem to have a punchline.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Eh, I'm abridging a reference to his thread about not wanting to be in an interracial relationship... Particularly because Asians would probably try to eat his dog and the black women he finds hot are predisposed to their desires for being involved in drive bys.

I can imagine there a lot of really funny Asians eating dog jokes. I just thought that one was a bit lazy and in the context of explaining why you won't date this woman doesn't really seem to have a punchline.
Ahhhh. I was getting pretty pissed off at the ignorance in the the first page of that thread so I bailed because I was worried I would say something I'd regret.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Odd. No one ever accuses me of being racist. It's probably because I don't say and do things that can easily be interpreted as me being a racist.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
So you can only be racist (here) if you're funny AND clever.

You drive a hard bargain Splinty @Splinty

You're adding quite a bit of absolutes to my statements and changing my statements.

I was responding to what seemed to be his joke making. And I stated that my larger problem seems to be that its just distilled down to insults rather than social commentary.

But the larger topic is worth having isn't it?

What's an insult and why is comedy as a whole allowed to be insulting about uncomfortable topics? I would argue that well done comedy is nothing more than good social commentary. Referencing uncomfortable social observations to bridge divides doesn't seem to have the malevolence of calling somebody names.

And calling someone a dog eater because their parents raised them in LA is just an insult.

But like I said I'm sure there's lots of ways you could reference that some minority of foreign Asians eat dogs and it be funny.

I just dont think there's a whole lot funny about saying you don't date Asian women because they all try to eat your pet.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
You're adding quite a bit of absolutes to my statements and changing my statements.

I was responding to what seemed to be his joke making. And I stated that my larger problem seems to be that its just distilled down to insults rather than social commentary.

But the larger topic is worth having isn't it?

What's an insult and why is comedy as a whole allowed to be insulting about uncomfortable topics? I would argue that well done comedy is nothing more than good social commentary. Referencing uncomfortable social observations to bridge divides doesn't seem to have the malevolence of calling somebody names.

And calling someone a dog eater because their parents raised them in LA is just an insult.

But like I said I'm sure there's lots of ways you could reference that some minority of foreign Asians eat dogs and it be funny.

I just dont think there's a whole lot funny about saying you don't date Asian women because they all try to eat your pet.
You make a great point here.

However, I thought Mix's posts were intended to be comedy. You mean to tell me that's him for real?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
You make a great point here.

However, I thought Mix's posts were intended to be comedy. You mean to tell me that's him for real?

No idea. I think they are some of both and I like them quite a bit, including hearing why he may or may not be willing to date women of other races.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
Is there any category that's open for mockery?

Side note: I mentioned "fat people" in my post the other day. I sincerely apologize if I hurt anyone's feelings. My word choice was bad.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Is there any category that's open for mockery?

Side note: I mentioned "fat people" in my post the other day. I sincerely apologize if I hurt anyone's feelings. My word choice was bad.

I'd hope everyone is open for mockery at some point. fat people, skinny people, beef cakes, etc.

In the military we make never ending fun of each other. Race, state, hair color, the way you walk, how strong you are, how weak you are, how fat or slow you eat. We aren't assholes about it. We aren't anonymous badasses calling each other 'nigger' and 'gook' on Twitter either.

I'd hope adults can work that line and if they accidentally cross simply say, 'my bad'.

There's no rule on having fun. There's a rule against bigotry and being an asshole.

My god the nursing jokes coming to mind now.... ;)

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
I'd hope everyone is open for mockery at some point. fat people, skinny people, beef cakes, etc.

In the military we make never ending fun of each other. Race, state, hair color, the way you walk, how strong you are, how weak you are, how fat or slow you eat. We aren't assholes about it. We aren't anonymous badasses calling each other 'nigger' and 'gook' on Twitter either.

I'd hope adults can work that line and if they accidentally cross simply say, 'my bad'.

There's no rule on having fun. There's a rule against bigotry and being an asshole.

My god the nursing jokes coming to mind now.... ;)
No :mad:

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
No idea. I think they are some of both and I like them quite a bit, including hearing why he may or may not be willing to date women of other races.
He might not be willing to date women from other races but we all know he likes the black cock.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Next you will be telling me Vladimir Putin drives like shit!