I dropped my computer from 5 feet

• Thread starter Morpheushasleftthebuilding
  • Start date
Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

Morpheushasleftthebuilding

:(
i can replace the mainboard ,graphic card, ram, cpu, but not those hard disks with data.
anyone have a clue if those parked heads of a hd can survive a fall like that?:eek:

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Depending on how much you value the data on there, you can pay for companies to recover it. It'd try it yourself first

Fett_Loadin76

That one guy that did that one thing
Jan 24, 2015
I once used Pandora Recovery when I thought I lost a hardrive...ended up getting about 95% off of it.

M

update: took out the seven harddisks and tested them on my laptop with a sata to usb cable and six hd's were good, one gave 0 bytes, dowloaded testdisk and rewrote the partition table and it was fixed, did not fire up my pc, lets see tomorrow

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
update: took out the seven harddisks and tested them on my laptop with a sata to usb cable and six hd's were good, one gave 0 bytes, dowloaded testdisk and rewrote the partition table and it was fixed, did not fire up my pc, lets see tomorrow
The part of the harddrive where your OS is installed might be damaged, you can still install the OS on another HD and use it as storage, but expect some errors. Or you could take the information of it.

M

The part of the harddrive where your OS is installed might be damaged, you can still install the OS on another HD and use it as storage, but expect some errors. Or you could take the information of it.
one hd is my total OS, i already copied important stuff :)

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
i use a western digital black 640 gb, but only the first 30 gb part for OS
Ah, ok so 7 partitions? Sounds, like the HDD has some errors. I'd get a new one for your OS and then run diagnostics and error fix software on the other one. It might be recoverable, but the information on definitely is.

M

n
Ah, ok so 7 partitions? Sounds, like the HDD has some errors. I'd get a new one for your OS and then run diagnostics and error fix software on the other one. It might be recoverable, but the information on definitely is.
no, 7 hd's, that's why is was spooked by dropping it, 7 hd's is some money and data:rolleyes:

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Fill them up with water. If any leaks out I'd presume they are fucked

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
jbot
after replacing the cpu cooler and some plastic frame, its up and running again, i am surprised, the mainboard, cpu, ram, survived this drop
Well it is all bolted in place, so as long as nothing breaks off inside the case, it only has to deal with the jolt. Assuming the case doesn't just splinter apart. Still surprising though.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
jbot
after replacing the cpu cooler and some plastic frame, its up and running again, i am surprised, the mainboard, cpu, ram, survived this drop
Sir! Not a raid 10?!?! You cray.... You cray

Glad it's up and running!

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Jesus Christ lol and I thought my coolermaster haf case was huge.