Lifestyle I have no aversion to cold weather. AMA

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
Snow bugs the ever living shit out of me. Cold doesn't bother me at all. It's almost a super power how it doesn't effect me at all.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Snow bugs the ever living shit out of me. Cold doesn't bother me at all. It's almost a super power how it doesn't effect me at all.
No offense, but you live in Chicago. It isn't exactly the pinnacle of cold weather destinations.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Come to Winnipeg in January when it's -45c (-49f) before the windchill and we can see how much you like it.
I actually kind of want to, just to see what it's like comparatively. People I meet from out west have told me the weather we have here isn't as cold, but feels worse. The last I heard was someone from Saskatchewan that said 0 here feels as cold as 20 below there.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
I actually kind of want to, just to see what it's like comparatively. People I meet from out west have told me the weather we have here isn't as cold, but feels worse. The last I heard was someone from Saskatchewan that said 0 here feels as cold as 20 below there.
If you live on the coast I can understand that. The humidity makes the cold go right through your clothes. Honestly -50 with no wind and the humidity low is quite pleasant if you are dressed for it. Don't get me wrong, your skin will freeze in less than a minute if exposed but it can be beautiful walking in the forest or on a river.

Two years ago we went through two and a half months of solid -30 to -50 weather. With the windchill it got down to -60 to -70 on the regular and I was working outside. It was brutal.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
If you live on the coast I can understand that. The humidity makes the cold go right through your clothes. Honestly -50 with no wind and the humidity low is quite pleasant if you are dressed for it. Don't get me wrong, your skin will freeze in less than a minute if exposed but it can be beautiful walking in the forest or on a river.

Two years ago we went through two and a half months of solid -30 to -50 weather. With the windchill it got down to -60 to -70 on the regular and I was working outside. It was brutal.
We're not on the coast, but we're almost always somewhere around 70% humidity add in some wind and yeah. It gets cold as fuck here

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
One of my favorite stories about snow is when we got about 3 feet. I took my dogs to the woods the next morning as I had the day off. I'm walking them off leash, as always, and a cop drives by. He stops, reverses back, and asks me what I am doing. I tell him 'Just taking my dogs to the woods'. The look on his face was fantastic. He says "You're taking your dogs to the woods?"

"Yes sir."

Another look that was fucking funny as hell. He had no idea what my dogs went through to be trained as awesomely as they were. As I have stated before, they would make Navy Seals cry.

Cop just said 'be safe', and drove on.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Dang the chick I'm talking about looked like mika tan (I think that's her name)

I dumped her via a facebook message when I was in Afghanistan. What the fuck was I thinking.

Tried to win her back a couple years later but she was having none of it.

Lesbo

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
One of the times I almost died was in basic. Used the summer sleeping bag instead of the winter one. My Syriac partner saved me. He got confused because I wasn't snoring. I was just shivering, couldn't move or do shit, was kinda pleasant tho.