Lifestyle I have no aversion to cold weather. AMA

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
My uncle is a retired major in the USAF. He taught winter wilderness survival, Is an eagle scout, and worked for a few years as a ranger in the Tetons. He spent several years at Ramnstein and traveled throughout Europe skiing, as he still does in his 70s. He will tell you there is no place on Earth that feels colder than Chicago.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
My uncle is a retired major in the USAF. He taught winter wilderness survival, Is an eagle scout, and worked for a few years as a ranger in the Tetons. He spent several years at Ramnstein and traveled throughout Europe skiing, as he still does in his 70s. He will tell you there is no place on Earth that feels colder than Chicago.
and he'd be wrong.

Lol @ German cold. They were so unprepared for real, manly cold that it literally cost them WW2.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Alright. Cuz your uncle says it, I will take it as truth.

What is the coldest temp on record in Chicago?

Where you there in Chicago on that cold day? What is the coldest you personally have ever experienced?

Growing up in northern Canada, a 'snow day' was called and school was cancelled when the temperature would hit -34 or lower. We would wake up on winter mornings, turn on the radio and pray for -34. Those days it was -33 or higher, we walked our asses to school and then played outside during recess and lunch. King of the hill was the go to game of the snowbanks. It is easy to get a bloody nose in -33 weather.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Alright. Cuz your uncle says it, I will take it as truth.

What is the coldest temp on record in Chicago?

Where you there in Chicago on that cold day? What is the coldest you personally have ever experienced?

Growing up in northern Canada, a 'snow day' was called and school was cancelled when the temperature would hit -34 or lower. We would wake up on winter mornings, turn on the radio and pray for -34. Those days it was -33 or higher, we walked our asses to school and then played outside during recess and lunch. King of the hill was the go to game of the snowbanks. It is easy to get a bloody nose in -33 weather.
Those don't happen anymore. Kids just don't go out for recess when it's that cold.