"I have some random comment to make about MMA, but it doesn't warrant its own thread"

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
Yeah they must have fucking hated Cain for those two performances.

Hey it's the first card on a major network! Let's have a 2 hour broadcast with one fight on it, and then JDS can KO Cain in 70 seconds and make us all look like assholes for the other 1 hour and 59 minutes of dead air.

Oh, we're going to Mexico for the first time! Let's bring our Mexican American heavyweight champion, have him arrive in Mexico six hours before the fight and not spend any time acclimating to the altitude, because that would mean actually spending time in Mexico. Then let's have him get choked out by his Brazilian underdog opponent who speaks better Spanish than Cain does anyway!

??
ouch, put like this, he really did have a tough run.

I remember when he came back I laughed to a mate that Cain could find a way to blow his knee out and get KO'd within a minute. fuck me I felt bad on that one.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Carlos Condit has been taken down more times (57) than anyone else in UFC history. He is only 27th for most takedowns attempted against, though.

??

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
I'm still gutted we missed out on Conor vs RDA. One of the greatest UFC staredowns ever, but that's all we got. RDA has been one of my favourites ever since he consumed Pettis' soul. Would have been either a tremendous fight, or a tremendous Alvarez-type performance from McGregor. Look at the intensity from RDA, ffs, and not an ounce of self-doubt or stage fright showing. He looks like a fucking Terminator.

??

Last edited:

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
I don't think fighters should be spamming 100% calf kicks like they're Thais, without having trained their shins for years for the impact. I think Conor cracked his leg on a kick, and then it shattered it when he planted his weight on a crooked angle and it twisted.

??

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
UFC rankings are straight up nonsensical.

How the fuck is Chris Weidman currently a ranked middleweight? He's currently sitting just outside the top 10.

* 37 years old
* Been knocked out in 6 of his last 8 fights, a losing run that is now more than half a decade old. Not just lost 6 of 8. Been KOed six of the last eight times he's stepped into the cage.
* On what, his third round of reconstructive surgery on basically every single major joint on his body?
* Oh yeah, and he can't even fucking jog for the next few months, because in his last fight he snapped his fucking shin in half.

Yeah....... all of that added together sure sounds like there's only 11 guys in the division that are more of a threat to the champion right now, or better positioned to make a run at him.

Absolutely ridiculous. He's months away from even thinking about maybe accepting a fight, and he's going to be damned near 40 by the time he gets back, as even more of a physical wreck with a many-times-cracked chin. How the fuck any of these guys voted for Weidman to take a spot in the rankings from someone who actually has a future in the sport just mystifies me.

??

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
The last time the #12 ranked middleweight won two consecutive fights? Title fights vs Machida and Vitor.

??

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
quality

that James guy has interviewed some right nasty fuckin characters. there is a rabbit hole, for you.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Anderson Silva was asked on a radio show for his Mount Rushmore of MMA fighters. His answer, in order of mention:

BJ Penn
Khabib
Royce Gracie
Big Nog

??