"I have some random comment to make about MMA, but it doesn't warrant its own thread"

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
I love how you guys speak Maonglish.

It's really bagus.
Well........ I don't, but proper Kiwis do. :smile:

It's Maori language week here at the moment actually, and everything around the office is covered with pieces of paper identifying the Maori name for everything. Which is ridiculous to me. Trying to teach us the Maori word for "photocopier" or "microwave", ffs. :smile:

??

so long

Posting Machine
Dec 16, 2015
When Machida was becoming Champion, you could hear the UFC guys like Rogan and Dana say that he looks like "a guy from fucking Mortal Kombat". In those backstage videos and such they would say that.
In official videos they always said that he looks like "a guy from StreetFighter, the video game"

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
Mario Sperry vs Murilo Rua is still one of the best fights of all time. Sperry continuing with a concussion and blown out knee from the first minute is something every fighter needs to be psychologically prepared for.

quite an intense sport, as it happens.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
At some point I realised that I have a real hard time cheering for any fighter who has his own name tattooed across his back, to win pretty much any fight. I'm sure there are exceptions. But I'm hard pressed to think of any off the top of my head.

??

The EZ Life

Posting Machine
Aug 6, 2015
I think they should invent a fat-asses fighting championship.

basically, no one is allowed to have less than 20% body fat in any given weight class.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Hooker got his visa. Arrives in the US on Thursday, weighs in on Friday, fights on Saturday. I might put a sneaky fifty bucks against him. That's a pretty shitty fight week.

??

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Rogan retirement coming soon. He's not going to be at the PPV this weekend - the second consecutive PPV he's missed.

Last time, it clashed with a comedy tour.

This time, he's going on a hunting trip.

Rogan misses a stacked card including the return of Nick Diaz, because he doesn't want to reschedule a hunting trip? He's gone inside a year I reckon.

??

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Rogan retirement coming soon. He's not going to be at the PPV this weekend - the second consecutive PPV he's missed.

Last time, it clashed with a comedy tour.

This time, he's going on a hunting trip.

Rogan misses a stacked card including the return of Nick Diaz, because he doesn't want to reschedule a hunting trip? He's gone inside a year I reckon.

??
You can't really just reschedule hunting trips. The seasons are short and if you hunt with other people (which he does) he'd have to cancel until next year.

I think the comedy had been rescheduled like 4 or 5 times over the course of 18 months.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Volkanovski has only had 3 submissions attempted on him in the UFC. All 3 of them happened last night.

Sooooooo........ apparently if you're signed to fight Volk, submitting him is not a great gameplan. :smile:

??

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Next weekend's card involves both Antonina Shevchenko and Kyle Daukaus.

Why the fuck would you have TWO sets of siblings fight on back to back weekends? Unless they asked for that? Surely both sets of them prefer to compete at the same event.

??

gentlemanscombatives

Aug 31, 2020
We as fans, need to stop buying shit.
Ladies 125 is barren
Nick Diaz was old, broken and shouldn't have fought
Greg Hardy should never have been hired, if he was anyone else he would have been cut after the loss/nc against sosoli

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
at least we get to see Greg Hardy ezekiel choked into a shower of excuses.

I hated the way he spoke to reporters last time, who were asking how he was dealing with problems or opponents strengths

he said 'come on man.... come on.' - like they were rudely doubting him and he was just so awesome.

I'm over the moon with this next match. it will show that a wily old, broken down grappler has enough to trip up this show pony.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Bethe Correia's retirement fight today. I'm a bit disappointed. I don't know why, but I've always liked her. She's not very good and she inevitably gets absolutely squashed and pretty much humiliated by any title level fighters she gets in there with, but she never seems to let that dissuade her. She's always every bit as full of piss and vinegar the next time. I think I respect that.

??