"I have some random comment to make about MMA, but it doesn't warrant its own thread"

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
It’s fucking corporate America all day long.
this is why I love Dana. You don’t normally get access to these elite twats, yet you all shit on dana for delivering the truth.

I’ve always said this, once Dana is gone, you’re all gonna miss him.

The man gives you access into things you don’t get from that level
You and ur baldie boyfriend go fuck off.

Pussies

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
My name is Dick Niaz and I admit I am interested in both the Torres/Dern and Ladd/Pennington fights tomorrow.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
* Chimaev is for real

* Burns made more fans and raised his stock more with that L than he would have with a W against another guy

* Volk is here to stay as champ, IMO. He's a beast, his best attribute is his smarts, he's still super dedicated and he has a real champion's fuck-you chip on his shoulder. Holloway couldn't get the nod in 2 standup fights and Ortega couldn't sub him. Anyone not on their level gets carved up. Going to take a lot to lift the title off that guy.

??

Dick Niaz

Jan 14, 2018
AlJo acting like the fans owe him something. I can appreciate him calling out all the undeserved hate he got after the belt transferred on a DQ because dems da rules, but dude needs some self-awareness. No one said he isn’t a quality fighter and lots of people gave him kudos for his performance and upset win on Saturday. This whole victim thing is a major turnoff though. Now is when he needs the fans so he might consider a different tact than “screw you guys.” He is going to make TJ a fan favorite.

View: https://twitter.com/funkmasterMMA/status/1513171963296075786?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1513171963296075786%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mmamania.com%2F2022%2F4%2F11%2F23020207%2Faljamain-sterling-demands-apology-salty-ufc-fans-previews-showdown-against-dirty-tj-dillashaw-mma

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
AlJo acting like the fans owe him something. I can appreciate him calling out all the undeserved hate he got after the belt transferred on a DQ because dems da rules, but dude needs some self-awareness. No one said he isn’t a quality fighter and lots of people gave him kudos for his performance and upset win on Saturday. This whole victim thing is a major turnoff though. Now is when he needs the fans so he might consider a different tact than “screw you guys.” He is going to make TJ a fan favorite.

View: https://twitter.com/funkmasterMMA/status/1513171963296075786?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1513171963296075786%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mmamania.com%2F2022%2F4%2F11%2F23020207%2Faljamain-sterling-demands-apology-salty-ufc-fans-previews-showdown-against-dirty-tj-dillashaw-mma
I love this heel turn. Like him more than I did a week ago. He's gotten no respect at all for more than a year, he can gloat and crow all he wants IMO.

And a lot of people said he had absolutely nothing for Yan, and a lot more spent the last year straight up calling him a bitch and a fake champ. Well, turns out he's not a fake champ. I don't think many of the people who've spent the last year calling him a bitch in the comments of every tweet he's made have shown up to tell him they were wrong about him, though. So let him crow. ?

??

Dick Niaz

Jan 14, 2018
I love this heel turn. Like him more than I did a week ago. He's gotten no respect at all for more than a year, he can gloat and crow all he wants IMO.

And a lot of people said he had absolutely nothing for Yan, and a lot more spent the last year straight up calling him a bitch and a fake champ. Well, turns out he's not a fake champ. I don't think many of the people who've spent the last year calling him a bitch in the comments of every tweet he's made have shown up to tell him they were wrong about him, though. So let him crow. ?

??
I don’t disagree, all I’m saying is I don’t think the masses ever felt like he was the real champ until Sat and having a chip on his shoulder now will work against him. I hope he finds his groove a a champ outside the cage.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
I don’t disagree, all I’m saying is I don’t think the masses ever felt like he was the real champ until Sat and having a chip on his shoulder now will work against him. I hope he finds his groove a a champ outside the cage.
Yeah, I see what you're saying. I just think that he's finding his groove with this gimmick. He must be on top of the world right now. Most people didn't really give him a chance. And you know as soon as the decision was read his social media exploded with assholes telling him Yan was robbed and he's still not the real champ.

But I've always liked Aljo anyway. He seems like a smart guy. Everything I've seen from him, I reckon I'd get along with him great. Leaning into this "the champ is here!" heel persona is good for him, I think. It'll help him sell the fight with TJ too. Hopefully he beats TJ clean and then he can ease off it a bit.

??

Dick Niaz

Jan 14, 2018
I’m pulling for TJ in that one to see the resulting shit show. That division will be must-see TV if he wins. Imagine the drama?!?

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
I’m pulling for TJ in that one to see the resulting shit show. That division will be must-see TV if he wins. Imagine the drama?!?

TJ's a terrible stylistic matchup for Sterling I think, but he also turned 36 back in February and he's no longer on EPO, which turned him into a fucking buzzsaw back in the day. He lost his last fight too IMO. I think this is a good opportunity for Sterling to get a good name on his championship resume.

??

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Difficult main event to cheer for next weekend.

I like Luque's fighting style much better, but I enjoy Belal's personality much more. Nothing against Luque at all, it's just that Belal cracks me up. His little mini rant to Sean Strickland in particular was hilarious, IMO.

??

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021

so long

Posting Machine
Dec 16, 2015
When talking with friends, I stopped referring to the sport as "Ultimate Fighting"
and most everybody knew the term MMA.

I still like to call it Ultimate Fighting, though, is more fun :D

Dick Niaz

Jan 14, 2018
I am so sick of MMA news sites posting articles based on random comments from MMA personalities. Today I saw an article centered on Brendan Schaub’s opinion on how Dana White has a responsibility to not make comments like he did after the Sterling/Yan fight. The other day, there was one focused on Big John’s scoring of that fight. Regularly, articles regurgitate quotes from podcasts or social media posts. There are countless storylines, camp news, rumors, etc. that would be more interesting and newsworthy on any given day. Enough with sites pushing that bullshit, acting like B Schwab and the like opinions matter.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Actually coming around to cheering for Plimbett to lose now.

He loves this Paddy the Fatty thing, blowing up huge between fights. He seems to think it's hilarious.

I mean, obviously he can run his career how he likes and he's a big success so far, so fair enough. But I can't get behind that kind of unprofessionalism. That will get his ass kicked for him sooner or later. He won't be able to take advantage of unexpected opportunities, and 5 years from now he'll be struggling to keep up with the guys who are never out of shape their whole lives.

??

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
I am so sick of MMA news sites posting articles based on random comments from MMA personalities. Today I saw an article centered on Brendan Schaub’s opinion on how Dana White has a responsibility to not make comments like he did after the Sterling/Yan fight. The other day, there was one focused on Big John’s scoring of that fight. Regularly, articles regurgitate quotes from podcasts or social media posts. There are countless storylines, camp news, rumors, etc. that would be more interesting and newsworthy on any given day. Enough with sites pushing that bullshit, acting like B Schwab and the like opinions matter.
It's literally like women's magazines 'reporting' about Instagram posts n such.

I couldn't give two shits.