General "I have something to say, but it doesn't warrant its own thread."

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
I've been waiting all my life for a supernova. They happen maybe once every three hundred years, but we're overdue.

SN 1987A doesn't count really, it was only 180,000 light years away in one of our satellite galaxies, and I want something closer in the Milky Way.

It'd be a capper for me, I could die happy.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
I've been waiting all my life for a supernova. They happen maybe once every three hundred years, but we're overdue.

SN 1987A doesn't count really, it was only 180,000 light years away in one of our satellite galaxies, and I want something closer in the Milky Way.

It'd be a capper for me, I could die happy.
Our sun will go supernova and it will be a false flag after which Trump is reinstated.

Mark this down.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
Our sun will go supernova and it will be a false flag after which Trump is reinstated.

Mark this down.
It's all so apparent when you think about it.
Thank you for the new perspective. I was wondering why he hasn't been declared the true winner yet, now it all makes perfect sense.
I've sent a briefer to the CBAT.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
The first time I smoked marijuana, I had been avoiding it for a while.

I was fourteen, and was put off by inhaling smoke, so naturally stuck to dropping acid. LSD is beautiful.

Anyways, I was walking through a park at night with a friend who was smoking a fat joint. He offered it to me as usual, and for some reason I accepted it.

It was amazing. THC and acid combined immediately to transform me into a super intelligent, armored being capable of great feats of strength. I'm better than you.

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Pretty self explanatory.

Let's start with a depressing one.

10-15 years from now, just about all of the truly A-list rock legends will be dead.

80 years old:
Bob Dylan.

79 years old:
Paul McCartney
Paul Simon
Art Garfunkel
Brian Wilson

78 years old:
Mick Jagger

77 years old:
Keith Richards
Jimmy Page
Roger Daltrey
Roger Waters

76 years old:
Pete Townshend
Rod Stewart
Eric Clapton
Debbie Harry

75 years old:
David Gilmour
Neil Young

74 years old:
Elton John

72 years old:
Bruce Springsteen
Billy Joel

So get ready for that.

That's a pretty downbeat start, admittedly. But any comment or idea or thought that comes to mind that doesn't warrant its own thread, or probably doesn't have the legs for one - have at it.

??
You get the winner emoji for an outstanding thread title.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
SC MMA MD @SC MMA MD or Splinty @Splinty

I’ve been listening to some true crime podcasts and this young lady was shot in the chest severing her Aorta. Investigators said she died before she hit the ground and felt no pain. Is this true, or do they tell the victim’s family this to make them feel “better”?

Last edited:

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

I’ve been listening to some true crime podcasts and this young lady was shot in the chest severing her Aorta. Investigators said she died before she hit the ground and felt no pain? Is this true, or do they tell the victim’s family this to make them feel “better”?
I don't do trauma. I haven't done it since I was in residency.
Depending on the gun a trauma hitting the aorta would cause a very rapid drop in blood pressure immediately.
Without hunting case files from trauma surgeons or medical examiners I don't know if that is fast enough to kill somebody before they hit the floor. And I doubt it's fast enough to kill somebody before they felt pain, although many people that have been shot seem not to recognize it until shortly afterwards.

I would expect somebody with a completely dissected aorta to be unconscious in seconds.

SC MMA MD @SC MMA MD Probably has some adult cardiology colleagues or vascular colleagues that would have some insight on this rate and be able to make it better educated guess when that scenario even if they aren't familiar particularly with that kind of trauma

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
I’m so country that yesterday I was driving to the dump and realized I wasn’t wearing any shoes, I had to turn around and go get them.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
I get annoyed by different commentators pronouncing names differently.

Make up your minds, is it Un- gah- no, or Gunnoh?

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
Car in front of me hit a possum on the drive into work, I swerved over to finish the job. #Mercy

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015

I’ve been listening to some true crime podcasts and this young lady was shot in the chest severing her Aorta. Investigators said she died before she hit the ground and felt no pain. Is this true, or do they tell the victim’s family this to make them feel “better”?
You will for sure die fast from a transected aorta, but I would imagine that if you are shot through the aorta it would hurt like a MFer the whole time you are dying.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
I don't do trauma. I haven't done it since I was in residency.
Depending on the gun a trauma hitting the aorta would cause a very rapid drop in blood pressure immediately.
Without hunting case files from trauma surgeons or medical examiners I don't know if that is fast enough to kill somebody before they hit the floor. And I doubt it's fast enough to kill somebody before they felt pain, although many people that have been shot seem not to recognize it until shortly afterwards.

I would expect somebody with a completely dissected aorta to be unconscious in seconds.

SC MMA MD @SC MMA MD Probably has some adult cardiology colleagues or vascular colleagues that would have some insight on this rate and be able to make it better educated guess when that scenario even if they aren't familiar particularly with that kind of trauma
You will for sure die fast from a transected aorta, but I would imagine that if you are shot through the aorta it would hurt like a MFer the whole time you are dying.
Thank you.

I’m truly blessed to have you guys on staff.