General "I have something to say, but it doesn't warrant its own thread."

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
I've been waiting all my life for a supernova. They happen maybe once every three hundred years, but we're overdue.

SN 1987A doesn't count really, it was only 180,000 light years away in one of our satellite galaxies, and I want something closer in the Milky Way.

It'd be a capper for me, I could die happy.
Halley's Comet appeared when I was 4. For my entire life, it has shit me that I was too young to know or care what it was. It's always been my goal to live to 79 years old, see it return, and then croak pretty much immediately after. Like Mark Twain. :smile:

Mark Twain was born on November 30, 1835—two weeks after the perihelion of Halley’s Comet. “I came in with Halley’s Comet,” Mark Twain commented in 1909. “It is coming again next year. The Almighty has said, no doubt, ‘Now there are these two unaccountable freaks; they came in together, they must go out together.’” He died on April 21, 1910—one day after the comet had once again reached its perihelion.

??

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
My wife is 12 weeks pregnant with our first child. It's due either end of March, early April next year.

I never wanted kids, but I'm not panicked/sad, nor am I excited/happy. I don't think it's hit me yet, and don't think it will until there's a little mound of flesh laying in my arms.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
My wife is 12 weeks pregnant with our first child. It's due either end of March, early April next year.

I never wanted kids, but I'm not panicked/sad, nor am I excited/happy. I don't think it's hit me yet, and don't think it will until there's a little mound of flesh laying in my arms.
Congratulations!

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
Halley's Comet appeared when I was 4. For my entire life, it has shit me that I was too young to know or care what it was. It's always been my goal to live to 79 years old, see it return, and then croak pretty much immediately after. Like Mark Twain. :smile:

Mark Twain was born on November 30, 1835—two weeks after the perihelion of Halley’s Comet. “I came in with Halley’s Comet,” Mark Twain commented in 1909. “It is coming again next year. The Almighty has said, no doubt, ‘Now there are these two unaccountable freaks; they came in together, they must go out together.’” He died on April 21, 1910—one day after the comet had once again reached its perihelion.

??
Ahh. You've just added depth to a ST TNG episode. There's a Mark Twain - character actor who upon learning they're traveling through space says, "Perhaps you've seen Halley's comet?"

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
I'll never understand the sovereign citizen thingy. Their objection to following laws they don't want to is based on some obscure maritime law.
So they do silly things. Driving on revoked, no insurance.

Then bitch at the officers that they're the ones breaking the law and I know my rights better than any lawyer and suddenly they're screaming like bitches when they get hauled out of the vehicle by a group of police.

When has it ever, ever worked, ever? Asserting to an officer that they have no authority "under color of law" (which is a phrase they all love to squawk.) always ends the same way: broken window, arrested screaming hysterically.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019

Its a living nightmare.

But you do end up tolerating them.