General "I have something to say, but it doesn't warrant its own thread."

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
It's an adventure you can't appreciate until you're on. I'm happy for you.
Thanks mate, appreciate it.

I never wanted kids, but now that I've made one I want to do parenting the way I view as right.

If the little feller wants something, I want him to cry as loud as he can. In this world, the shy and the quiet end up finishing last. I know as I was shy and quiet for most of my life. If you want something, you need to let the world know and you need to not stop until you get it.

I want him to know the world's bigger than Perth, Australia, and while English is the best first language he can learn, he'll be most appreciated and be able to appreciate others if he has another language or two under this belt. Whatever language he wants to learn is his choice, but he has an English & Afrikaans speaking mum and an English & Portuguese speaking dad who knows a solid amount of French and Indonesian, so a second language is a given.

Most of all, I want him to be happy and to know that while he's best being on his own two feet, my house is his house til the day I die. I'm not gonna be like those parents who want their kids out at 20. I don't understand why the fuck ppl want kids if they don't wanna know them after 19-20 years. Kids are a life commitment, I signed a life-long contract with my sperm and I'm sticking to that.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015

I never wanted kids, but now that I've made one I want to do parenting the way I view as right.

If the little feller wants something, I want him to cry as loud as he can. In this world, the shy and the quiet end up finishing last. I know as I was shy and quiet for most of my life. If you want something, you need to let the world know and you need to not stop until you get it.

I want him to know the world's bigger than Perth, Australia, and while English is the best first language he can learn, he'll be most appreciated and be able to appreciate others if he has another language or two under this belt. Whatever language he wants to learn is his choice, but he has an English & Afrikaans speaking mum and an English & Portuguese speaking dad who knows a solid amount of French and Indonesian, so a second language is a given.

Most of all, I want him to be happy and to know that while he's best being on his own two feet, my house is his house til the day I die. I'm not gonna be like those parents who want their kids out at 20. I don't understand why the fuck ppl want kids if they don't wanna know them after 19-20 years. Kids are a life commitment, I signed a life-long contract with my sperm and I'm sticking to that.
Right on.
So far the thing I've noticed the most is that kids learn from what they see. "Do as I say not as I do", as my gen was told, is backwards.

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
Right on.
So far the thing I've noticed the most is that kids learn from what they see. "Do as I say not as I do", as my gen was told, is backwards.
Agree 110%. My mum was exactly like that when growing up. Fucking hated her for it growing up. I'll do all I can to make I'm not like that with my little guy.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
I'll never understand the sovereign citizen thingy. Their objection to following laws they don't want to is based on some obscure maritime law.
So they do silly things. Driving on revoked, no insurance.

Then bitch at the officers that they're the ones breaking the law and I know my rights better than any lawyer and suddenly they're screaming like bitches when they get hauled out of the vehicle by a group of police.

When has it ever, ever worked, ever? Asserting to an officer that they have no authority "under color of law" (which is a phrase they all love to squawk.) always ends the same way: broken window, arrested screaming hysterically.
One of the best types of call I get, is when a cop pulls over one of those assholes and he has no license /rego /warrant........ so he immediately calls the emergency line to report police harassment, because the cop is giving him a hard time for not having his shit together. :laughing:

What the fuck does he think I'M going to do for him? Overrule the officer's decision? Send another cop, to arrest the first cop? Absolute delusional, spoiled, infantile wankers, they are.

??

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019

good man.

its what being a parent is.

on a side note. Can you find my mate Adam Scott in Scarborough Beach please?

you must know him. He‘ll be old now. But still cool. I learned so much off that fucker

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
I don't know what the fuck is up with my guts, but I am laying a silent poison cloud all through this office. Holy shit, this stink is sicking me out. I don't know what the fuck I've eaten, or what.

??