General I have the solution to NFL's problematic attempt to go to 17 games, I promise

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
by the way, my idea works perfect and right now the players are rejecting the NFL proprosal because they are not lowering snap counts, my idea is literally the element that ties it together to enact gorgeously

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Essentially the owners want a 17th game, more money for the and the players, cooler for fans, but the hickup is the brain injury risk increasing iwth the extra game.

So the perfect answer is to set a play limit under the 17 game schedule.

To determine the limit for each position you average out the past 5 years the player wiht the highest play count at their position, you then set that as a cap.

90% or more wont even approach the number due to injury, getting subbed, or getting to the play count number, the few players that are pacing to reach the limit can easily be adjusted by having them sit a few plays here and there through the season.

You dont want to try to sub your star player last couple weeks, you just manage as you go.

Via sheer semantics of each game, end of half drives that teams just run out the clock, or games where its 3rd or 4th quarter and outcome is almost a lock, etc...in practice it is super easy.

I wanted to give super detail because I was anticipating whatever questions you all would have. I know it is wordy but the 3 posts does spell it all out.

It really will work once they get smart and go with my idea

Inspire
Very difficult to police during a game, and play count means very little anyway. It's about hard contact. The main focus of player safety is concussions, and they've policed that to a degree with putting a player on concussion protocol after a jarring hit. It isn't perfect as it is subjective, but it's better than it was.

Your system has its flaws. I'd say for half the plays a WR is on the field he barely contacts anyone at all save for some light blocking. You can't count those plays the same way as you do a crossing route where he gets blasted.

M

member 3289

by the way, my idea works perfect and right now the players are rejecting the NFL proprosal because they are not lowering snap counts, my idea is literally the element that ties it together to enact gorgeously
Worst plan I've heard so far honestly

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
For the new CBA - Drop 2 preseason games, make the regular season 17 games and add an additional bye week for the players. Expand the post season from 12 teams to 16. 4 division winners, 4 wild cards. All playoff teams get a bye week after the regular season. Playoff teams are seeded 1 through 8 and are re-seeded each week as they advance.

• Players make more with the additional regular season game, and will also get a percentage of additional playoff dollars. The extra bye weeks allow them to never play more than 7 weeks in a row.
  • Owners make more with the playoff expansion. Money is all they care about.
  • Fans get an extra week of regular season, season ticket holders will no longer be fleeced into buying preseason tickets, and we get more teams in the playoffs which is the best football.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
As it is:
Weeks 1-4
4 preseason games with starters playing very sparingly

Weeks 5-21
16 regular season games with 1 bye week sprinkled in for each team

Week 22 WC Playoffs
Wild card weekend - 8 teams participating, top 4 teams get a bye

Weeks 23-24 Playoffs
  • 8 teams to 4
  • 4 teams to 2

Week 25
Pro Bowl - Super Bowl teams inactive

Week 26
Super Bowl

*************************************************************************************

Hauler Proposal
Weeks 1-2
2 preseason games with starters playing sparingly

Weeks 3-21
17 regular season games with 2 bye weeks for each team.

Week 22
Pre-Playoff Byes. No activity.

Weeks 23-25 Playoffs
8 team playoff in each conference. 4 division winners / 4 wild cards. No individual team byes.
  • 16 teams to 8
  • 8 teams to 4
  • 4 teams to 2

Week 26
Pro Bowl - Super Bowl teams inactive. Although I'm happy to have this go away

Week 27
Super Bowl

*************************************************************************************

So a hypothetical schedule for a Super Bowl team:
  • 2 preseason game with light work
  • 5 regular season games
  • bye week
  • 6 regular season games
  • bye week
  • 6 regular season games
  • playoff bye week
  • 3 playoff games
  • super bowl bye week
  • super bowl

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
As it is:
Weeks 1-4
4 preseason games with starters playing very sparingly

Weeks 5-21
16 regular season games with 1 bye week sprinkled in for each team

Week 22 WC Playoffs
Wild card weekend - 8 teams participating, top 4 teams get a bye

Weeks 23-24 Playoffs
  • 8 teams to 4
  • 4 teams to 2

Week 25
Pro Bowl - Super Bowl teams inactive

Week 26
Super Bowl

Hauler Proposal
Weeks 1-2
2 preseason games with starters playing sparingly

Weeks 3-21
17 regular season games with 2 bye weeks for each team.

Week 22
Pre-Playoff Byes. No activity.

Weeks 23-25 Playoffs
8 team playoff in each conference. 4 division winners / 4 wild cards. No individual team byes.
  • 16 teams to 8
  • 8 teams to 4
  • 4 teams to 2

Week 26
Pro Bowl - Super Bowl teams inactive. Although I'm happy to have this go away

Week 27
Super Bowl

So a hypothetical schedule for a Super Bowl team:
  • 2 preseason game with light work
  • 5 regular season games
  • bye week
  • 6 regular season games
  • bye week
  • 6 regular season games
  • playoff bye week
  • 3 playoff games
  • super bowl bye week
  • super bowl

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Very difficult to police during a game, and play count means very little anyway. It's about hard contact. The main focus of player safety is concussions, and they've policed that to a degree with putting a player on concussion protocol after a jarring hit. It isn't perfect as it is subjective, but it's better than it was.

Your system has its flaws. I'd say for half the plays a WR is on the field he barely contacts anyone at all save for some light blocking. You can't count those plays the same way as you do a crossing route where he gets blasted.

LOL its all about play counts, that is all a game is, if you are involved in 10 plays, and all 10 are say the same type of plays, your concussion risk is same if its 1 game or 10 games, it seems the IQ level of people replying must be stunningly low, I dont know else how to say it

10 plays is 10 plays, be it in 1 game or 10 games lol,

Some mensa scholars on here , not lol

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
LOL its all about play counts, that is all a game is, if you are involved in 10 plays, and all 10 are say the same type of plays, your concussion risk is same if its 1 game or 10 games, it seems the IQ level of people replying must be stunningly low, I dont know else how to say it

Literally everyone in the thread thinks you idea sucks shit and explained why yet u persist to disagree.

Tell me, were your parents siblings?

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Inb4 he tags Winston wolf to come verify that he was unfairly banned from every forum and is therefore correct

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016

How many people are you going to have monitoring all this shit in real time? For EVERY player? For EVERY team? For EVERY game?

How do you communicate when someone is over the limit? Because that shit needs to happen in real time as it changes the plays that are being called not only on offense but on defense.

When an offense notices the defense's star corner has been pulled because of "overuse", they'll run a play directly to his replacement.

This plan has so many holes it's not only insane, it's also colossally stupid.

A player can participate in 300 plays and be exposed to less physicality than he could be in 2. You are measuring plays as if they are all equal. They aren't. There's nothing static about them.

The correct method is to monitor damage as it happens, and provide players with multiple bye weeks throughout the season so their body can recover.

Hauler's Theory > SensorUtopia's Theory

And by the way...I'm a Mensa member. Tread lightly.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
How many people are you going to have monitoring all this shit in real time? For EVERY player? For EVERY team? For EVERY game?

How do you communicate when someone is over the limit? Because that shit needs to happen in real time as it changes the plays that are being called not only on offense but on defense.

When an offense notices the defense's star corner has been pulled because of "overuse", they'll run a play directly to his replacement.

A player can participate in 300 plays and be exposed to less physicality than he could be in 2. You are measuring plays as if they are all equal. They aren't. There's nothing static about them.

The correct method is to monitor damage as it happens, and provide players with multiple bye weeks throughout the season so their body can recover.

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

Wrong,

You clearly did not read my 3 part OP, all of this is spelled out

Not trying to be rude, but every post tryign to prove the plan wrong only proves me right because you all keep regurgitating the same tired nonsensical points I already threw out

Clearly you are not reading the thread properly or skipping my posts or not the mensa scholor you claim to be

The plan has no holes and works easily

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Literally everyone in the thread thinks you idea sucks shit and explained why yet u persist to disagree.

Tell me, were your parents siblings?

I don't hail from inbred land like you do ;)

The plan works 100% and the retorts only show yall are lazy people who are not as bright as you think are you are and you keep repeating tired shit I already crushed

Please keep trying to slam the plan and Ill continually slam your points because I already thought of all your points while putting in the plan.

so go ahead ding dong lol

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Yeah. The Hauler Plan has been submitted to the NFL for consideration. Goodell said he will get back to me.

The SensoriaUtopia @SensoriaUtopia Plan has been printed out on 10,000 sheets of paper and is being used to cover the bottom of bird cages.

If that fantasy scenario helps you feel better, I support you

If you read up on this and look at the current deal the NFLPA is rejecting, it is because the NFL wants to keep the same play count, very stupid of them. My plan with the play count max is the hallmark that will be the eventual facet if this deal ever goes through.

Either the players will reject the current NFL luddite plan or any accepted plan will have some facet of my play count

Do some research and try improving your reading skills, I dont want mensa to boot you

Cheers

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Did you guys get this solved yet?

I have solved it for the NFL from my first 3 part OP, just a matter of how wise the NFL will be.

Right now the players are rejecting the NFL's luddite plan, if the plan finally goes through 100% it will have some facet of my play count max in there

Resonate

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
So who's going to run those plays on week 18 when they will all have gone over their season cap the week before?

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
So who's going to run those plays on week 18 when they will all have gone over their season cap the week before?

See this is case in point what I am saying, clearly you did not read the OP your statement is easily answered in the OP LOL

Go back and read the 3 part OP, if you still can't find the answer, I will spell it out more directly for you

DasRy

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

The funny part about your question is that in the OP I put, you will see it never even gets to that scenario. That is what you and the others trying to look for any part you can to say the plan has holes are not grasping, due to either not reading or not having the ability to comprend what you are reading

I think you guys are smarter than that, so I think it is more you are being lazy and not even fully reading, I give you the benefit of the doubt comprehension wise

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
See this is case in point what I am saying, clearly you did not read the OP your statement is easily answered in the OP LOL

Go back and read the 3 part OP, if you still can't find the answer, I will spell it out more directly for you

DasRy
I did, and I've asked you before. Instead of answering you go on long winded posts about how it's an average from pervious season's so they won't be over their snap counts, of course this ignores that you're adding an extra game.