NSFW I hear New York is beautiful this time of year

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

Some of the worst food I ever had was in London.
If it wasn't for pizza, New York City would be a worthless trash heap.
They do have the best pizza but let's be honest, NY style pizza in other cities is just as good.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
They do have the best pizza but let's be honest, NY style pizza in other cities is just as good.
Depends on the other city.
If it's in the Pizza Belt (Look into it, it's a real thing) then sure. If not, good pizza is few and far between. We just had a guy from Brooklyn move his pizza restaurant down here, it's one of only 2 good pizza places we have.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Where did you eat in London? I recall the food I had there was incredible, same with Paris. I've not been to New York, but in non zombie times I spend at least half my day researching local restaurants. If I was to go to New York I'd have a hit list of places to check out.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Where did you eat in London? I recall the food I had there was incredible, same with Paris. I've not been to New York, but in non zombie times I spend at least half my day researching local restaurants. If I was to go to New York I'd have a hit list of places to check out.
Paris had good food, I'll have to see if I can find the place we ate at. I was not impressed.

For NY just find a corner deli or a hole in the wall pizza place, thats your best bet.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Paris had good food, I'll have to see if I can find the place we ate at. I was not impressed.

For NY just find a corner deli or a hole in the wall pizza place, thats your best bet.
Nah mang. I couldn't just walk in somewhere and eat, I have to do my research. I spend more time figuring out what to eat than I do eating.

Funnily enough while we are talking pizza, ny Chicago seems to be the debate. Been to Chicago, but I got a steak. It was fantastic.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015

Actually a deli I'm good with if it looks good.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Italian deli's in the north east are amazing. Sure the people are pricks but the food is great.
The delis here are hit and miss. There's a definite divide in class and quality. I hate to sound like that pretentious shit shat but it's something I've noticed over time bouncing around. When I was in knokke I couldn't believe how good the deli was. In oostende it looks like they chopped up washed up old sailors.

M

member 1013

You can find good food buts it’s hard

and all the snobby fags and the cockneys and the filth

Yea no thanks

M

member 1013

Yea, it's getting way too crowded where I'm at now, it's no bueno.
I live in the middle of nowhere, situated on the rolling, wooded hills of the Niagara Escarpment

it’s fantastic and I have to be in Toronto a few days a week so I get my “big city fill” if you will.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I live in the middle of nowhere, situated on the rolling, wooded hills of the Niagara Escarpment

it’s fantastic and I have to be in Toronto a few days a week so I get my “big city fill” if you will.
I'm sorry you have to do that. I've been into Dallas once since February, it's been great.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Splinty @Splinty please change thread title to New York “City.” Upstate is the real New York. The city is a cesspool and should be annexed to New Jersey.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Splinty @Splinty please change thread title to New York “City.” Upstate is the real New York. The city is a cesspool and should be annexed to New Jersey.
I think this would actually work really well for the state. My Uncle retired to upstate New York, loves being up there, hates the laws that are a thing because of the shitty city.

Le Chat Noir

Le Chat Noir ©
Jan 28, 2020
When I was in University we went to NYC about once a month.
It was cool to explore the museums, historic sites, and try new restaurants.
It was fantastic during Christmas, seeing shows, taking a carriage ride and getting a Holiday handy, etc...

However I would never want to live there AND there pizza is nothing special.
That's right, their pizza is nothing special AT ALL!!!

I also heard Lady Liberty wanted to move to Savannah to get away from the smell.

Le Chat Noir
©

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
When I was in University we went to NYC about once a month.
It was cool to explore the museums, historic sites, and try new restaurants.
It was fantastic during Christmas, seeing shows, taking a carriage ride and getting a Holiday handy, etc...

However I would never want to live there AND there pizza is nothing special.
That's right, their pizza is nothing special AT ALL!!!

I also heard Lady Liberty wanted to move to Savannah to get away from the smell.

Le Chat Noir
©
Sir
Sir
The pizza is the only redeeming quality of the place.
Respectfully

It does smell terrible though. I'd throw away what ever shoes I wore when we would come back from NYC. All the grossness would make my shoes sticky. You could throw them at a wall and they'd stick.

Le Chat Noir

Le Chat Noir ©
Jan 28, 2020
Sir
Sir
The pizza is the only redeeming quality of the place.
Respectfully
I think the pizza is good, but imo all the regional secrets are out thanks to the interwebs.
The Philly cheese steak, Carolina BBQ, Key lime pie, etc... can all be recreated perfectly and even improved on.

We've been to Italy several times and expected to be blown away by their pizza and we weren't.
Don't get me wrong, it was great in it's simplicity, but it was just really fresh ingredients, rough cut, thrown in the oven just right...
but we get close doing the same at home.

Now Chicago is shit food. They go out of their way just to make something "unique" with their deep dish pizza and everything dog.
It's like a bunch of preschoolers were let loose in a kitchen. Bunch a fanooks.

Le Chat Noir
©

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I think the pizza is good, but imo all the regional secrets are out thanks to the interwebs.
The Philly cheese steak, Carolina BBQ, Key lime pie, etc... can all be recreated perfectly and even improved on.

We've been to Italy several times and expected to be blown away by their pizza and we weren't.
Don't get me wrong, it was great in it's simplicity, but it was just really fresh ingredients, rough cut, thrown in the oven just right...
but we get close doing the same at home.

Now Chicago is shit food. They go out of their way just to make something "unique" with their deep dish pizza and everything dog.
It's like a bunch of preschoolers were let loose in a kitchen. Bunch a fanooks.

Le Chat Noir
©
Chicago pizza is just white bread with sauce on it, it's pretty bad.
But I don't think people expect much from Chicago, so they have that going for them.