I just learnt a new punch: the hook

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

yuki2054

graded martial artist
Nov 8, 2016
Did you kill Conor last time you sparred? Is that why you moved on to Will? Next time give him a Cleveland Steamer if you really want to finish the fight.
I sparred with Conor last night. And no I didn't kill him. Hell I didn't even hurt him. He called me a grandmaster afterwards, god bless him!

yuki2054

graded martial artist
Nov 8, 2016
in southpaw stance I have a nice hook

my left hook is sad in comparison

Left leg cemetery though
It all happened so fast. It was a good portion Judo, the two of us holding on to each other and pressing downwards. But neither of us able to complete a throw! Plus like I said already, I didn't want to throw him on to concrete. And if I hurt him, I could go to jail?!

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
It all happened so fast. It was a good portion Judo, the two of us holding on to each other and pressing downwards. But neither of us able to complete a throw! Plus like I said already, I didn't want to throw him on to concrete. And if I hurt him, I could go to jail?!
sounds like some imaginary shit to me

yuki2054

graded martial artist
Nov 8, 2016
sounds like some imaginary shit to me
Trust me it happened. But I've slept since then. If I don't get banned from visiting, then we have agreed to a rematch. But I don't have anyone to film us. Unlike when Will visits, and he brings the crew....

yuki2054

graded martial artist
Nov 8, 2016
why does will keep beating the shit out of you?
Will doesn't beat me up. We have controlled fights. And the last few we've had have all been draws. Same as with Connor. They are my friends, and I'm not going to hurt them!

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Will doesn't beat me up. We have controlled fights. And the last few we've had have all been draws. Same as with Connor. They are my friends, and I'm not going to hurt them!

Has anyone been able to see these friends of yours, besides you?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016

Left leg cemetery though
i prefer to fight southpaw standing, even though I'm right-handed. My grandpa was left handed, and he taught me boxing. When I added TKD in HS, I found it opened up their front-leg inner thigh to my rear-leg kicks. And I could more effectively target the calf/ankle area for front-leg sweeps.

But I still prefer to wrestle/grapple from an orthodox stance.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Trust me it happened. But I've slept since then. If I don't get banned from visiting, then we have agreed to a rematch. But I don't have anyone to film us. Unlike when Will visits, and he brings the crew....
i really feel that you should spend some time developing a good leg kick.
inner thigh is the sweet spot. And you can still be friends the next day.

well, maybe a couple days if you're really good at it.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Just knee them in the thigh and yell "Charlie Horse!!!"

"Dead Leg!!!" is also acceptable.

It's best if they don't see it coming.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015

Left leg cemetery though
I have a decent hook fighting orthodox, never really lead with my right.

Haven't been able to throw over shoulder height with either leg in about 5 years, my right leg used to be decent too.

Really should go back to training, have a bag and dummy in my garage, get used a few times a week, when I am at home, havent set foot in a gym in too long.