General I just won a good round ok poker ama

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

yuki2054

graded martial artist
Nov 8, 2016
I was playing knockout poker online, and it was down to the last hand. Of the six players starting, there was only me and this other guy left.

Him with a rank of 88, and me at 25. Well I was dealt hole cards of an ace and two of spades, which for those who don't know is one of the best hands you can get.

Then came the flop and the river, and I was one away from my flush, and one off the straight. Now I didn't hit the flush, and he went all in with a low pair.

But I did hit the straight! Such a good feeling!

yuki2054

graded martial artist
Nov 8, 2016
Was this for money, How much you win?
It was for free chips. He had a similar stack to me. Something like 20k. And I won them all. But these are free chips, so monetary value=nil.

Still we do it for the fun. There are only something like 10k players on the site, so it's not like call of duty, or Tekken, where you are up against millions of hacks.

And seeing as I've only been playing three days, and I've already won four of the six ranked tournaments I've played in, that's not bad going is it?

yuki2054

graded martial artist
Nov 8, 2016
Good job John. I would never want to play poker against you with skill like that
Do you know how to play Heath? Seeing as it's for free chips, I try not to play too aggressively. I also try not to be the donkey (the guy who goes all in, every hand!)

Lol. If you have an xbox one, you can download the game. It's called 'Dominence Poker)? Up to you...

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
I was playing knockout poker online, and it was down to the last hand. Of the six players starting, there was only me and this other guy left.

Him with a rank of 88, and me at 25. Well I was dealt hole cards of an ace and two of spades, which for those who don't know is one of the best hands you can get.

Then came the flop and the river, and I was one away from my flush, and one off the straight. Now I didn't hit the flush, and he went all in with a low pair.

Sounds like fun. Good win. Just keep playing for fun and don't ever bet real money. The last thing you need is a gambling habit.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
And seeing as I've only been playing three days, and I've already won four of the six ranked tournaments I've played in, that's not bad going is it?
Sounds like you need to move to Vegas and go pro.

Odin13

Pro Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
How did the action go on the flop and turn? Was he pressuring with big bets? And do you happen to remember what the flop, turn, and river cards were?

I love having that hand that comes together at the end after either slipping through or after just holding up against the pressure that you feel is being brought on by a weak hand.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
Do you know how to play Heath? Seeing as it's for free chips, I try not to play too aggressively. I also try not to be the donkey (the guy who goes all in, every hand!)

Lol. If you have an xbox one, you can download the game. It's called 'Dominence Poker)? Up to you...
I play for real money

yuki2054

graded martial artist
Nov 8, 2016
How did the action go on the flop and turn? Was he pressuring with big bets? And do you happen to remember what the flop, turn, and river cards were?

I love having that hand that comes together at the end after either slipping through or after just holding up against the pressure that you feel is being brought on by a weak hand.
Yes thanks Odin, I won a lot of chips from the other players, and was up 30k to 10k at one point. Then I had some bad cards and went down to 15k 25k. But I managed to work it back up to 20k 20. But by that point we had been playing about an hour, and we were both getting tired. He started going all in on most hands.

Which I mostly folded before the flip. But the blinds were quite high by that point. So I had ace and two of spades. And he had bugger all. After the flop and the turn, I was one off a flush, and one off a straight. I kind of knew he had a low pair (which he did it turned out, a pair of fives). So when he went all in before the river, I was banking on getting the flush.

No such luck, but the four river card, made my straight. And I took all of his chips. Nice feeling. Thanks for listening!

Odin13

Pro Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Yes thanks Odin, I won a lot of chips from the other players, and was up 30k to 10k at one point. Then I had some bad cards and went down to 15k 25k. But I managed to work it back up to 20k 20. But by that point we had been playing about an hour, and we were both getting tired. He started going all in on most hands.

Which I mostly folded before the flip. But the blinds were quite high by that point. So I had ace and two of spades. And he had bugger all. After the flop and the turn, I was one off a flush, and one off a straight. I kind of knew he had a low pair (which he did it turned out, a pair of fives). So when he went all in before the river, I was banking on getting the flush.

No such luck, but the four river card, made my straight. And I took all of his chips. Nice feeling. Thanks for listening!
Cool man! Nice play of things after going head to head for that long! Sounds like you have good discipline.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015

You don't even realize how lucky you were, do you?