General I live in China, ask me anything

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
what is the deal with the falun gong? they have been protesting outside the chinese embassy in vancouver for decades

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
are you EY?
is Bloodfist coming back?

Kidding bro
I know both answers
FYI project bluebook is not far away
Have a great day over there in China

Poiupoiu

50 cents per post
Oct 26, 2015
what is the deal with the falun gong? they have been protesting outside the chinese embassy in vancouver for decades
Not sure, I dont know anything about it. I do know it and anything about it is banned in China.

M

member 3289

Scottish jokes don't work with Ireland inserted.

Pick up your game
Joke's on you, O'Reilly. It's actually originally a joke about Ireland into which I later inserted Scotland!

Now go get shitfaced on whiskey and beat your wife.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Did you watch ichi?

I think that's what it's called. It's newer than zatoichi but this time our blind hero is played by a woman. I seem to remember it was pretty good too

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
Kitano has made my favorite Japanese films. I've seen just about every one of them.
He's one of the last good ones for sure.
Your favorite Kitano movies?

I also love Takeshi Miike. Hes on another register though.
If you're into indie, dark humor, horror... He's made some great ones too. I like his stuff a lot more so than kitanos because he deals with regular low income people on the fringes of society albeit exaggerated for dramatic purposes (to say the least). I knew lots of those people when I lived in Japan and so I totally connect when I watch many Miike movies.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
Did you watch ichi?

I think that's what it's called. It's newer than zatoichi but this time our blind hero is played by a woman. I seem to remember it was pretty good too
It doesn't ring a bell man, will have a look for it.

Loads of good variations on that story.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
He's one of the last good ones for sure.
Your favorite Kitano movies?

I also love Takeshi Miike. Hes on another register though.
If you're into indie, dark humor, horror... He's made some great ones too. I like his stuff a lot more so than kitanos because he deals with regular low income people on the fringes of society albeit exaggerated for dramatic purposes (to say the least). I knew lots of those people when I lived in Japan and so I totally connect when I watch many Miike movies.
Ichi The Killer fan are we now! I have seen a few of his also.

I like all the Outrage stuff, Brother 2000, all the rest of his cops and criminal stuff. One common theme in a lot of his work is he dies at the end. If you go down his list even the less popular ones I have seen them all.