I love Chess. How can I play online with d00ds?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Title self explanatory

I was a big chess nerd and fell out of it because I had literally no one to play with. No one. I even got in a fight at school when some kid tried to talk shit about me being in the chess club.

But seriously, is there a way to play chess online against people you know (IE from this forum)? Any time I've gone to online games in the past - admittedly it's been years - I would get killed by straight up masters. I wanna play against regular people

Soooooooooooooooooo.... how we doin dis?

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
When Mom Dukes got me this chess set for like, my 13th birthday from KB Toys (lol, yes really), I thought I was the coolest dude on the block. Like some sort of Magneto/Dr X level futuristic advanced chess player.

Sadly it got lost in the move and I just have a wooden set now that has not been broken out in years because, again, I don't think I have a single friend who plays chess at all.

But tell me that set isn't dope though for a 13 year old nerd

Stickgrappler

Apr 17, 2015
Hi, sorry for delay in reply

Play Chess Online - Free Chess Games at Chess.com

Is one of the bigger sites that connects players from all over the world/net, many recreational players as well as professional players on there

It has a free membership which has enough perks to help one develop/improve their game... pro membership will let you take advantage of all the site has to offer

I'm a free member there, although I've not played in quite some time and am rusty

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I've been swamped for the last month, with hardly anytime to do much outside of work, family, and this. But I'll get some free time during the holidays and I'm down to get some games going.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
I was the only kid in high school into chess. It put me in a weird social position. I played sports, had Muay Thai going on, and was trying to bang 9.5's, but I was truly a nerd at heart. Played chess, read comics, and was really into computers. Our library had a single table out back in a courtyard area and you could play chess there. I would read books and play with some older guys. Once I went off into the Army, I stopped playing and haven't even thought about chess since. Would love to get back into it, but literally remember nothing about it.

Stymie

Local man
Oct 21, 2015
I'm Stymie_Beard on Chess.com. I'm terrible but love to play if anybody wants to whoop up on me.

redneck

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I know this thread is old but I didn't want to make a new thread about chess.

I've gotten back into it after at least 25 years of not playing, Chess.com is an awesome site. How can you request to play people though? I seem to be stuck with access to people who are within so many percent of my ranking, which is really low.

yuki2054

graded martial artist
Nov 8, 2016
Thanks Splinty. I also play on lichess.org . Although finding an opponent who DOESn't cheat (ergo use computer assistance), does seem to be pretty difficult? Good luck...